2024 Eurovision Semi 2 - Will We Rave?

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
So then I guess I don’t understand what the ‘this year’ was in reference to, unless there’s a for two coming up. 🤷🏼‍♂️
For two is in the ....
That's all I have for you, no need to continue.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Oh fine, I'll come back for this: Eden Golan was twelve at the time.

She's dealt with a ton of hatred and bullying gracefully. Some of her fellow performers should take note.
The Israeli delegation and broadcaster haven’t exactly handled themselves with grace.

And with all that is going on in the world it would have been kinder to Eden for the Israeli broadcaster to have sat this one out.

airgelaal

And I’m very interested in how much money Israel invested in its promotion. Because it’s difficult to watch at least one video on YouTube and not see an ad calling for people to vote for Israel :rolleyes:

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
We’re not getting the ads here. I guess Israeli taxpayers can be glad that their public broadcaster is not totally reckless with their money. :shuffle:

Debbie S

The Israeli delegation and broadcaster haven’t exactly handled themselves with grace.

And with all that is going on in the world it would have been kinder to Eden for the Israeli broadcaster to have sat this one out.
OK, so maybe the comments should have been reserved for Israel's version of late-night comedy TV, but really, if this is the worst thing said....

On Tuesday, a commentator on Kan, the Israeli public service broadcaster, warned TV viewers with children that Bambie Thug’s performance of their song, Doomsday Blue, would be "the most scary" of the night.

"There will be a lot of spells and black magic and dark clothing, Satanic symbols, and voodoo dolls, like we are at Cats Square in Jerusalem in the mid-90s," the commentator said, referring to a well-known public square in Jerusalem that was central to the city’s nightlife in the 1990s and synonymous with goth culture.

I haven't seen any ads on YouTube, but I did just spend 20 Euros for 20 votes for Israel. And yes, I'm in the 'rest of the world.'

airgelaal

Dutch broadcaster released a statement. If this is accurate, I agree disqualification is excessive.
If this is true, then I don’t really understand why the police are still involved in these incidents. I also wonder if there was a proposal for a peaceful solution?

P.S. This year I've been reading a lot about artists' claims that they are being filmed without permission. Maybe I don’t remember the rules of working “behind the scenes” very well, but I myself have a million photos and videos in these areas and no one ever protested, because everyone knew that they could be filmed here.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
If this is true, then I don’t really understand why the police are still involved in these incidents. I also wonder if there was a proposal for a peaceful solution?

P.S. This year I've been reading a lot about artists' claims that they are being filmed without permission. Maybe I don’t remember the rules of working “behind the scenes” very well, but I myself have a million photos and videos in these areas and no one ever protested, because everyone knew that they could be filmed here.

I don't know the rules. But I think if you see some of the videos out there you get a sense that certain people aren't filming/talking to certain contestants out of typical Eurovision euphoria but rather have a taunting nature to them. That could explain the rise in complaints as well.

I

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight

All the videos I have seen have not been done in a "friendly" manner.

airgelaal

All the videos I have seen have not been done in a "friendly" manner.
What do you mean? I only saw filming with the artists in the background. Yes, the comments were not very pleasant, but if you can film in this area, then I don’t understand the complaints. If the complaints are about the comments, then that’s something else and you need to complain to the organizers. Perhaps there are other videos.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
What do you mean? I only saw filming with the artists in the background. Yes, the comments were not very pleasant, but if you can film in this area, then I don’t understand the complaints. If the complaints are about the comments, then that’s something else and you need to complain to the organizers. Perhaps there are other videos.
It wasn't the comments. It was the intent of those taking the videos that was clearly done to provoke/mock.

airgelaal

It wasn't the comments. It was the intent of those taking the videos that was clearly done to provoke/mock.
Once again, I don't understand. If you didn’t like the format or content, then this is a complaint to the organizers. But you can’t say “I didn’t give permission for filming.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information