2023 Skate America Women FS - Not Landing

VGThuy

I feel like a lot could have been done with this music but it wasn’t choreographed with that in mind. I also think these IJS style programs could use a bit more down time and less constant movement.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Not a bad program, but she's all business focusing on the elements now. 3T was under in combo, I think the flip? was too plus the bigger mistakes.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
The most interesting part of that program was her weirdly gold bottoms and my dog fighting me for my ice cream.

Is she injured or just dejected? Or both?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
You don't have to smile like a demented clown when the music doesn't call for it, but You has no tension in her skating any more. I know she was injured, but this had been the case the last couple of years. I suspect there is more going on than just the injured tendon.

skatingguy

decently
You, Young 🇰🇷
Coach: Hyun Jung Chi
Music: Autumn Moon, True Love's Last Kiss

3Lz - was supposed to be triple-triple combo
3Lzq+3T< - running out of space again
3Lo<
3S< - fall - lost the 2A sequence

Step Sequence 2
3F!+2T+2Lo
Fly Camel Spin 3
1S
2A
Choreo Sequence
Fly Ch Combo Spin 4
Ch Combo Spin 4

The time lost to injury is really showing - seems to have lost the timing a bit on the jumps. Even when she did them the rotation seemed delayed, and the position in the air didn't look tight.

101.15 = 1st Place
157.36 = 1st Place

Last edited:

VGThuy

You don't have to smile like a demented clown when the music doesn't call for it, but You has no tension in her skating any more. I know she was injured, but this had been the case the last couple of years. I suspect there is more going on than just the injured tendon.
Those were my thoughts exactly.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The smiles don't really fit the mood of the music, and they are most certainly choreographed in because she would plaster them on her face during the little bits of choreo she did in practice earlier, too.

Almost all the triples looked tight.

VGThuy

You Young has been in my consciousness sine the build up to Pyeongchang when NBC ran the feature story on her over and over and over. What might have been.
I feel like we went through a period of young Korean ladies skaters who somehow garnered an incredible amount of press and hype even before they really accomplished anything. That couldn’t have been good for them.

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Good attack from Clare Seo, even if she watered down the content with no triple-triple attempt. I'd keep her ahead of Young You on speed alone, although I suspect she has at least two unders and probably more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information