2021 ISU World Team Trophy, April 15-18, Osaka, Japan

kittyjake5

Sorry to hear about Matteo. I thought I read somewhere that he was vaccinated. Wishing him a speedy recovery with no lingering side effects.

Orm Irian

You can get it even after being vaccinated. The belief is that your post-vaccination case should be less severe. And of course the odds of getting it are lower.
The odds of passing it on to others are also lower once you've been vaccinated, so with luck those who trained at the same rink as Rizzo will have been less at risk of catching it too.

I’m not sure if Daniel brought one of their coaches, but if he did that would also be a concern.
He did, I believe - Lorenzo Magri.

MsZem

I see the sea
You can get it even after being vaccinated. The belief is that your post-vaccination case should be less severe. And of course the odds of getting it are lower.
Much, much lower.

I believe the Italian skaters were vaccinated as members of the Italian police, though when exactly and with what vaccine, I've no idea. Anyway, it's pretty unlikely that Rizzo infected Grassl, and clearly the organizers do not feel there is cause for concern beyond taking the previously planned precautions.

ostile17

Much, much lower.

I believe the Italian skaters were vaccinated as members of the Italian police, though when exactly and with what vaccine, I've no idea. Anyway, it's pretty unlikely that Rizzo infected Grassl, and clearly the organizers do not feel there is cause for concern beyond taking the previously planned precautions.
Matteo's vaccination post on Instagram dates March 5th. Based on when and where he was vaccinated (Ospedale Fiera Milano) I believe he would have been vaccinated with Astra Zeneca.

Carolla5501

Is he setting up an excuse here? Last time both Nathan and Mariah went without a coach and raf did not feel the need to explain.
So if the coach doesn’t explain people on FSU get all been out of shape and whine. Because we are entitled to know every single detail of a skaters life training etc. so that we can pass judgment if it is correct.

If the coach does explain he setting up an excuse?

LOL

yeslek

So if the coach doesn’t explain people on FSU get all been out of shape and whine. Because we are entitled to know every single detail of a skaters life training etc. so that we can pass judgment if it is correct.

If the coach does explain he setting up an excuse?

LOL
Well Tom Z finds excuses pretty often. Again, no one is there with Nathan. I don’t see anyone asking!

Sylvia

TBD
"I did what I was capable of," Hanyu said. "My ranking doesn't concern me, but I was able to smoothly execute my quad salchow and quad toe loop for the first time in competition. That makes me think I'm getting better."
This NBC OlympicTalk's article has quotes from Nathan:

TeamUSA.org's recap includes quotes from Nathan, team captain Jason and Bradie (who is breaking in her new boots): https://www.teamusa.org/News/2021/April/15/Nathan-Chen-Shines-On-Day-1-Of-World-Team-Trophy

USFS' Fan Zone recap of Day 1: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...d-states-on-day-one-of-world-team-trophy.aspx
"I'm super proud of my teammates today," said team captain Jason Brown. "I think we are all so grateful and so appreciative to have this event and the opportunity to cheer each other on after such a difficult season. We are all so thrilled to be here and to compete safely in front of Japanese fans. I couldn't be prouder of their attack and fight. We are looking forward to two more great days of competition and I will be cheering them on every step of the way."

Getty Images (440 photos through Day 1 of competition)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information