2021 ISU World Team Trophy, April 15-18, Osaka, Japan

screech

She collided with Lecavelier in the warmup in 2019, her second major injury that season and the one that seems to have thrown her off her game ever since, as up to that point she seemed to be well on the road to regaining form.
I just looked up her Wikipedia. fall of 2018- early 2020 was insane for injuries/illnesses for her.
  • Just before the 2018 US International - fell and hit her head, didn't report it thinking she was fine
  • After 2018 US International - pneumonia, strep throat, anxiety, depression, severe headache, and blurry vision – then collapsed and lost consciousness; a doctor attributed this to a concussion gained when she hit her head
  • 2019 WTT - the collision happened during which she cracked 2 ribs, sustained another concussion, and required use of a cane due to injuring her knee
  • Fall of 2019 tore 2 ligaments in her ankle and strained her Achilles tendon
  • Before 2020 Canadians, contracted pneumonia
Here's hoping her string of bad luck has ended, and that she is able to get out there, have a blast, and skater her ass off. And stay healthy!

ostile17

Matteo Rizzo just posted via Instagram that he couldn't leave for Osaka as planned and he won't be part of Team Italy at the WTT. No reason has been given.

Hopefully this is not anything serious.

Since this seems pretty sudden, I wonder if Gabrilele Frangipani was able to leave for Japan as the alternate.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Matteo Rizzo just posted via Instagram that he couldn't leave for Osaka as planned and he won't be part of Team Italy at the WTT. No reason has been given.

Hopefully this is not anything serious.

Since this seems pretty sudden, I wonder if Gabrilele Frangipani was able to leave for Japan as the alternate.

Frangipani cannot replace him, Italy gets 1 point in men automatically IIRC plus whatever Grassl does. There’s a 3 day period required by a Japanese government and no one going at this point would arrive with that amount of time.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Frangipani cannot replace him, Italy gets 1 point in men automatically IIRC plus whatever Grassl does. There’s a 3 day period required by a Japanese government and no one going at this point would arrive with that amount of time.
Well, according to Frangipani's IG, it sounds like the plan was for him to replace him but there "were setbacks" so Italy will only have one man.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

So the organizers will provide Tokyo (both Narita and Haneda) to Osaka (Kansai) flight on arrivial and Kansai to Haneda flight for departure.

So Spectators will be in their own bubble & "cannot interact with athletes." Thus, cannot follow Hanyu all over the place or throw Pooh Bears onto the ice? Well that ruins it for a lot of the Fanyu Grandmas. Not fair!

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
First practice done for Team USA: https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/1381975228016910339

ETA that I didn't see this Nathan-focused WTT article (April 7) posted in this thread (link was posted originally in Nathan's fan thread):

2021 World Team Trophy U.S. broadcast schedule (live on Peacock Premium & delayed on NBCSN):

Last edited:

sk8nlizard

First practice done for Team USA: https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/1381975228016910339

ETA that I didn't see this Nathan-focused WTT article (April 7) posted in this thread (link was posted originally in Nathan's fan thread):

2021 World Team Trophy U.S. broadcast schedule (live on Peacock Premium & delayed on NBCSN):
Thanks for the picture! Kind of weird the K/F aren’t in the picture, but maybe they had practice or something.

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks for the picture! Kind of weird the K/F aren’t in the picture, but maybe they had practice or something.
View from Alexa's hotel room in Osaka yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNlYs4XDmRZ/

ETA:

Official practices begin on Wednesday, April 14.

"Where to Watch ISU World Team Trophy 2021":

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
For me, RD starts at 11pm and ends about when I go to bed. I may stay up and watch the Ladies SP anyway but I'll save the Mens SP for later in the day in between meetings.

Frau Muller

This thing starts tonight, right? I mean...“Tonight” for those of us in the east coast of USA...need to set alarm for 2am. Going to bed early.

Frau Muller

Orm Irian

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information