2021/22 CBC Broadcast & Streaming Schedule

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!

honey

Alas, it looks like we would have been Rod-free in any event :D:
Seems entirely possible he will end up at CBC or Rogers, so skating fans may have to deal with him in any case if it’s CBC :p. It doesn’t sound like a retirement to me. I think he will end up at another network.

Of course he is entirely over the top and obnoxious at times with his “the next one!!!!”, but I have to say I’d take him over some of the cbc folk any day :shuffle:.

I find Brenda Irving to be fine, but doesn’t seem to actually know much about skating. She usually keeps quiet though. Andi Petrillo was a mess the times she’s done it. Haven’t seen her in the booth for a while though, so they maybe figured out she wasn’t the right person for skating.

Sally1214

Just checking out streaming/broadcast options for those of us in Canada. Anyone know if the ISU YouTube channel will be live streaming the Grand Prix events like they did last year? Might not be seeing much here in Canada if they don't (unless, of course, CBC comes thru and decides to stream something other than SC and Nats).

shutterbug

Just checking out streaming/broadcast options for those of us in Canada. Anyone know if the ISU YouTube channel will be live streaming the Grand Prix events like they did last year? Might not be seeing much here in Canada if they don't (unless, of course, CBC comes thru and decides to stream something other than SC and Nats).
CBC's schedule has been updated to include streaming of all the GP events: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/winter/figureskating/broadcast

Sylvia

TBD
Copied from Skate Canada's event page for 2022 Canadians:

2022 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships senior competitions will be live streamed on CBC.CA and CBC Gem as well as aired on broadcast television.

Junior and Novice Competitions will be live streamed here on the event page and on Skate Canada’s DailyMotion page.

Television broadcast will air on CBC. See broadcast times in the schedule below.

SATURDAY JANUARY 8
16:00 – 18:00 ET
SUNDAY JANUARY 9
14:00 – 17:00 LOCAL
SUNDAY JANUARY 16
14:00 – 17:00 LOCAL
EXHIBITION GALA

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
2022 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships senior competitions will be live streamed on CBC.CA and CBC Gem
CBC Sports' livestreaming schedule: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/winter/figure-skating/broadcast

CBC Television (Times in EST):
Sat Jan 84:00 PMCanadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships
Sun Jan 91:30 AMCBC Sports Late Night: Canadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships - Ottawa
1:00 PMCanadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships
Check local listings
Sun Jan 161:00 PMCanadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships - Gala
Check local listings
Schedule is subject to change without notice.

Sylvia

TBD
Now includes the Junior & Novice events at Canadians (Jan. 10-13) and 4CC (Jan. 20-23)!

ETA: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...tawa-jan-6-13-2022.108071/page-6#post-6144088
  • The Senior Event will run as planned. However the Gala, scheduled for Sunday, January 9, 2022, has been cancelled.
  • Media access will be available virtually. Information will be released to accredited media once available.
  • The Junior Event will run, however changes to the planned schedule may be necessary. An updated schedule will be released in due course.
  • The Novice Event will be postponed and will be rescheduled to a later date.

Last edited:

Skate Talker

For anyone who missed the live stream of any of the events at Canadian Championships, this is the link to the French and English language archives - https://www.dailymotion.com/skatecanada/videos

Note that the label is the same for all files except for the bracketed number at the end of the name. So far they have been using the event schedule to do the numbering - so the first event - Senior Ladies Short - has no number attached, Senior Pairs Short is "(2)", Senior Pairs Short is "(3)" etc.

Last edited:

Skate Talker

Ted Barton just announced that today's CBC TV broadcast will begin an hour earlier and be 3 hours long instead of 2. For ET that means 3-6pm, CT 2-5pm PT 12-3pm

screech

I was previously unable to see anything, but CBC now has the first week of their Olympics broadcast schedule posted. For figure skating, as of right now it looks like:

Thu Feb 38:55 PMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating - Team Event - Preliminary
Sat Feb 58:30 PMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating - Team Event - Day 2
Sun Feb 68:15 PMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating - Team Event Final
Mon Feb 78:15 PMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating - Men's Short Program
Wed Feb 98:30 PMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating - Men's Free Skate
Sat Feb 126:00 AMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating - Ice Dance & Rhythm Dance

I'm assuming the rest of the schedule will be posted in the coming days, as we get closer to the actual event. All of the times listed are via streaming and are in EST. Though I'm sure that like the summer Games, figure skating highlights will be shown during the regular TV Olympics broadcasts as well.

screech

The CBC Olympics schedule has now been updated to include the entire Games. The current full figure skating streaming schedule (all times EST) is:

Thu Feb 38:55 PMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating - Team Event - Preliminary
Sat Feb 58:30 PMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating - Team Event - Day 2
Sun Feb 68:15 PMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating - Team Event Final
Mon Feb 78:15 PMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating - Men's Short Program
Wed Feb 98:30 PMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating - Men's Free Skate
Sat Feb 126:00 AMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating - Ice Dance & Rhythm Dance
Sun Feb 138:15 PMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating - Ice Dance & Free Dance
Tue Feb 155:00 AMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating - Women's Short Program
Thu Feb 175:00 AMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating - Women's Free Skate
Fri Feb 185:30 AMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating - Pairs Short Program
Sat Feb 196:00 AMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating - Pairs Free Skate
11:00 PMBeijing 2022: Figure Skating Exhibition Gala

Interesting that the first week has all the events airing during primetime, but in week 2 (aside from free dance and gala) it switches to crack of dawn.

Skate Talker

Interesting that the first week has all the events airing during primetime, but in week 2 (aside from free dance and gala) it switches to crack of dawn.
No doubt due to NBC's influence. US has best chance for gold medals in Team and Men, Dance a little less so. Probably a compromise by IOC to keep broadcasters both sides of the world on board and the money flowing.

screech

Not sure if it was just me, but I wasn't getting normal live streaming? Normally to watch skating I can go to the gem app and see all the different live stream feeds, but this time it wasn't on the main streaming page, and there were Australian(?) commentators when I did actually find a live stream on CBC

I ended up just watching the NBC broadcast of the TE Men's (since CBC started later), and switched to the CBC primetime broadcast for the rest.

Seerek

It's the international feed with Olly Hogben (familiar to rhythmic and artistics gymnastics viewers for FIG events, Worlds and Olympics) and Belinda Noonan (she has been covering Olympics since the 90s).

screech

It's the international feed with Olly Hogben and Belinda Noonan (she has been covering Olympics since the 90s).
Ah thanks. Any ideas why the live stream channels don't appear on the main page like they normally do? For me they didn't show up on the currently airing section, nor even in the upcoming sports section. I didn't see any Olympic live stream channels on the Gem app.

Seerek

Ah thanks. Any ideas why the live stream channels don't appear on the main page like they normally do? For me they didn't show up on the currently airing section, nor even in the upcoming sports section. I didn't see any Olympic live stream channels on the Gem app.

Sorry, I wouldn't know as I'm not using Gem.
I'm using the CBC Sports App.

honey

I had this issue last night as well. If you scroll down (quite a long way) on the main page of the Gem app, you'll see a whole Beijing olympics section. Click on that and then you can select your stream. I found it so frustrating that that it was out of the way like that. I get putting all the olympic stuff in a single section, but why it wasn't front and centre when you open the app is beyond me.

Skate Talker

For GEM use this link for all the upcoming live streams.

Scroll about 1 screen down to something called the Event Guide. You can filter by sport and you can select the date to reduce the number of links showing at the same time. A week or so ago I copied all the figure skating links into a word doc so now I don't even have to this list, just copy/paste in my browser.

Last edited:

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
For those in Canada, TSN & Sportsnet will be showing complete TV broadcast of events while CBC will be going back and forth with sports (Like NBC main channel) lets just say that probably one of the TSN or Sportsnet channels most likely will have the early groups for figure skating (with Brenda, Kurt & Carol) before switching to the CBC TV channel for the final flights.

Last edited:

Skate Talker

For those in Canada, TSN & Sportsnet will be showing complete TV broadcast of events while CBC will be going back and forth with sports
Unfortunately my listing are not specific enough and i have 5 TSN channels and 5 Sportsnet channels so happy hunting to me. The event could be over before I figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information