2020 Grand Prix series thread

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Why wouldn’t they be?

Oh I don’t know.... funding, keeping the event to minimal people including any camera technicians. Obvious things such as that.

The fact that I have had already more shots of whiskey this morning than entrants in many disciplines.

And also because as Claire stated these are just really mini national preview events, not really international events and some disciplines with a whopping total of zero entrants so just a question of the top of my mind.

skylark

I'm really okay with what ISU has come up with here.

Sure, it's not what we're used to, but this entire year is anything but what we're used to. We were looking at a possibility of nothing. Now we've at least got something... and some of these events should be really good. I'm excited!

More importantly, the skaters aren't forced to stagnate. Best wishes to them.
:respec: I agree completely. Plus, it gives the skaters the kind of target for their training, and a rhythm for variations on their training, that they rely on. Many self-motivators in different walks of life need this kind of encouragement.

And I'm really enjoying the cyber-series. I'm loving seeing the new programs. I don't care how rough. I'm keeping in mind that most of these skaters just endured their longest period of months off the ice completely (except for injured times) than they've ever had in their lives.

skylark

I guess teams even though named, could also opt to withdraw if they don't want to travel? Does anyone know if there is prize money this year or is it just basically mini-nationals previews?

Yes, there's prize money. It's detailed in one of the articles posted about the events.

Sylvia

TBD

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!

Rebecca Moose

Banned Member
Does anyone know if @Rebecca Moose has heard the bad news about no spectators? :shuffle:

good memory. 🤣 yeah it sucks there are no spectators allowed, but it's still better than having no competition. everyone here this summer was convinced there would be no grand prix, remember?

but don't worry about me, everyone... i'll still be in vegas next weekend...getting some sun, getting my drink on, and who knows? perhaps i will manage to casually bump into nathan. 🤩

skatfan

good memory. 🤣 yeah it sucks there are no spectators allowed, but it's still better than having no competition. everyone here this summer was convinced there would be no grand prix, remember?

Well if you call mini-nationals without spectators, points or a Final, with one event cancelled before it even starts, then yes it is the GP.

Last edited:

Erin

Banned Member

but don't worry about me, everyone... i'll still be in vegas next weekend...getting some sun, getting my drink on, and who knows? perhaps i will manage to casually bump into nathan. 🤩

I hope we get some live play by play from you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information