2019-2020 Programs and Choreographers

mjb52

I was just thinking that I was in the mood to see a skater try skating to a poem again, not sure if that is allowed under the present system? I was thinking of when Robin Cousins did it, which I guess is about the only time it's been done (and that was a professional program)? Very hard to get away with it, because it could easily seem pretentious, and annoying if everyone started doing it, but it could work with the right person.

nuge

Robbie Williams did a Rat pack covers album! We do a Line Dance to Puttin on the ritz :D

chantilly

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

Sylvia

TBD

jenny12

As much as this music is so way overused and especially in the last two quads, I’m very curious to see her skate to this. I think it really suits her and is the only time I’ve been excited by her music choice.

But I will admit that I lurve Muse and still love this piece of music.

I agree that it will be interesting to see her skate to this. I just wish skaters would pick something else by Muse.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting here from the U.S. Ladies thread:

Amber Glenn's new SP to "Scars" is choreographed by Cordero Zuckerman - she shared 2 clips on her IG today: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwX-80gATmq/
Madilyn Bailey covered this version of the original song by Papa Roach.

ETA:

@rosewood recently posted this Japanese article in Kaori Sakamoto's cheer thread: https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2019/04/16/0012247664.shtml
She will work with Shae-Lynn Bourne for the first time on a new short program and her FS will be choreographed again by Benoit Richaud.

Last edited:

barbarafan

As much as this music is so way overused and especially in the last two quads, I’m very curious to see her skate to this. I think it really suits her and is the only time I’ve been excited by her music choice.

But I will admit that I lurve Muse and still love this piece of music.
I am wondering who the choreographer is. Med is playing with clips and Shae Lynn is doing the show Med is skating in now and I loved the program she gave Ashley to Exogenesis. Shae Lynn is one of my favs for short program.

Enchanted

So was it Nathalie all those years that selected the more original music?

I’m actually dissapointed for their choice because they are a team that could probably handle something more challenging than the Notre Dame musical.

Although, none of the other music announcements we’ve had so far, have not made me inspired either.

Rock2

Lyrics are but just one important step in the process of luring new audiences. (ie younger).

Longer conversation in a different thread to discuss this, but for the purposes of this thread, I would question any comments with a bias against innovation and development of the sport. Sometimes things that feel like a step backward are smart decisions in the long run.

Tennis is going through a similar challenge. Ten years ago the average age of a fan was 52. Now it's 62. The establishment is fighting to maintain traditions but you don't need a mathematician to project the future of the sport in the current trajectory.

Sadly,typical human nature tends to dictate that we wait until we're in a legit crisis situation to be motivated to adapt even though all the signs are there that we're headed for distaster. Cue the climate change deniers. Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information