2018 Adult Competitions

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
I think I will be an audience member at Eastern Sectionals since it's just over in Ardmore.

ioana

Very excited Nationals is coming back to Mass! Less excited about my new job at a start-up that basically means I can only do non-qualifying events, but they will be close to home and getting a chance to have some friends there is always fun.

Sylvia

TBD
From the USFS press release linked in post #1:

The U.S. Adult Championships have been held annually since 1994. Events are held in singles, pairs and ice dance, and in dramatic and light entertainment. Athletes qualify for championship events by placing in the top four at one of three sectional championships held March 9-11, 2018.

2018 U.S. Adult Qualifying Season

Eastern Adult Sectional
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
March 9-11, 2018
Philadelphia Skating Club & Humane Society

Pacific Coast Adult Sectional
Pasadena, California
March 9-11, 2018
Pasadena Figure Skating Club

Midwestern
Rochester, Michigan
March 9-11, 2018
ONYX-Suburban Skating Academy

U.S. Adult Championships
Hyannis, Massachusetts
April 10-14, 2018
Yarmouth Ice Club

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
Aw, shoot. The Cape is awesome. Marlboro is... not exactly a tourist mecca. Well, it is what it is.

Six rinks, though. http://www.nes.com/Images/NESC_Rink_Map.pdf

And it'll be cheaper for me. It's only 45 minutes from my mother in law's house. I'm actually not overly excited by that; was looking forward to a hotel, but if we're only 45 minutes from her house, no way we're not staying there. She doesn't have much for amenities. Like beds.

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
Excited that my home rink & club are hosting Eastern sectionals again, if only out of sheer laziness.

GarrAargHrumph

I'm still surprisingly disappointed that I don't get to stay in a hotel on the Cape. :lol: Instead of seeing the ocean, I'll get to see route 495. Alas...

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
@GarrAarghHrumph (or anyone else familiar with the area), do you think it would it be safe to camp in the rink lot for the week (in a camper, of course)? Because that would be the best way for me to visit the other states. :)

GarrAargHrumph

I don't know this rink at all. But Marlboro is as safe as most suburbs. I grew up the next town over. Marlboro is nicer than my town was. By a lot.

I don't know, however, if you'd be allowed to camp in the rink's parking lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information