Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Amantide

For me the quality of the tech elements performed by them was much better than K&S. I'm curious to see the GoE's

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
It's great to hear that they skated so well in the SP. I hope they can skate a great LP as well. I don't see a podium finish for them this year but they could become Russia's #1 pair by 2017. K&S are not getting much better than what they are now, and S&K are nebulous at this point.

Were T&M undermarked a bit? I have not seen the performances yet.

mskitty

I really like this pair and so glad to hear they did well. Once K/S retire, they'll be my new fav. Russian pair.

whiteskates

I thought they were undermarked today in the short programme. I love the smooth, elegant lines of that kind of classic Russian skating and their choice of music and personally I think that kind of presentation should be worth more. Their free skate music this year is not good though. It's sort of uninteresting department store music that does nothing for them.

Amantide

Were T&M undermarked a bit? I have not seen the performances yet.

I don't think they were undermarked on PCS and let's face it, they have two crappy Trankov's programs. :blah: But as I said, compared with the GoE's that K&S got on TES, then, T&M were defenitely undermarked there, or K&S overmarked. The quality of their elements today was V&T standarts.

liv

They deserved better. I think their potential is scary good... as long as they get good material. They have just that classic technique, body type, synchronicity... much preferred over other teams with higher technical scores, but sloppy pair skating..

Cherub721

YEAH!
The quality of their elements today was V&T standarts.

They are, and their basic skating is nearly there too. They really are getting scary good. I would love to see them get better programs, but V&T never really needed them, so I'm pessimistic that Mozer will just have them keeping doing what they are doing. Hopefully Szolkowy will have some input. I like most of the Mozer teams but it's just so retro Moscow-style with not caring about the choreography, and it's such a waste.

Amantide

They are, and their basic skating is nearly there too. They really are getting scary good. I would love to see them get better programs, but V&T never really needed them, so I'm pessimistic that Mozer will just have them keeping doing what they are doing. Hopefully Szolkowy will have some input. I like most of the Mozer teams but it's just so retro Moscow-style with not caring about the choreography, and it's such a waste.

And their look is soo charming.

Jammers

I don't see K/S making another World team after this season. Both V/T and S/K will be back and T/M have age on their side to pass up K/S even if they keep going for some reason.

Amantide

They also showed a strong character. Not easy with all the pressure to keep Russia the 3 spots.

Amantide

I'm hoping for that. Their triple twist is really big and high, it does seem like a quad should be possible.

Yeah, it does seem like a quad. They have the best twist in the field. Still, the quad brings more points and they are capable. It's just Mozer's usual strategy to go for the quality, but she needs to change that (see S&K). It's not enough anymore.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I figured Mozer let Trankov play with choreo since they are young and nobody expected them to medal at Worlds this season. She'll figure out something different next season. I only hope that she will pay Peter T what ever he wants to start doing choreo for her teams.

clairecloutier

I figured Mozer let Trankov play with choreo since they are young and nobody expected them to medal at Worlds this season. She'll figure out something different next season. I only hope that she will pay Peter T what ever he wants to start doing choreo for her teams.

I think Mozer needs to rethink her strategy in general for next year. Pairs is moving forward both technically and artistically and she needs to get on top of both trends IMO.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I think Mozer needs to rethink her strategy in general for next year. Pairs is moving forward both technically and artistically and she needs to get on top of both trends IMO.
Well, supposedly that's what S/K are doing right now. They could easily add a 3T to their 2A. T/M can easily do a quad twist. I think they'll figure it out.

liv

A 4 twist would be great for them. D/R added their quad throw and it's gotten them places...they certainly could never do a 4 twist... but T/M could and it looks like they need to for the future. If V/T return they should also add a 4twist.. you know the Chinese will be doing it...

clairecloutier

A 4 twist would be great for them. D/R added their quad throw and it's gotten them places...they certainly could never do a 4 twist... but T/M could and it looks like they need to for the future. If V/T return they should also add a 4twist.. you know the Chinese will be doing it...

The Chinese already are doing it! P/Z and S/H both completed quad twist today (and got great GOE too).

liv

I know!!

I think both Russian teams could do it better than the Chinese.. they seem a tad "sloppier" than the Russians when they do the twists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information