OES News 2016-2017

Sylvia

TBD
For those who don't have access to the British Championships thread in Kiss & Cry, the newly crowned GBR champions are: Natasha McKay, Graham Newberry (he won Sr. and Jr. Men), and the new teams of Lilah Fear/Lewis Gibson (dance) and Zoe Wilkinson/Christopher Boyadji (pairs). Kristen Spours won the Junior title (she was 5th in Sr.) and the new team of Sasha Fear/Elliot Verburg won the Junior Dance title.

Vagabond

There are at least three Daria or Darya Popovas out there.

Daria Popova #1 is a Pairs skater, born in 1993 in Moscow: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013737.htm

Daria Popova #2 is an ice dancer, born in 2002 in Kiev: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054602.htm

Darya Popova is an ice dancer, born in 2001 in Kharkov: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00055109.htm

I suppose that Darya Popova transliterates her first name with a "y" in order to make it clear that she's that Darya Popova, not Daria #1 or Daria #2.

So, is Daria Popova a cursed name in figure skating? :sneaky:

J

Jeschke

does someone know, when spanish nationals are?
i cannot find anything
i am really curious about the battle between sara/monkoman and smart/diaz :watch:

morqet

rising like a phoenix
does someone know, when spanish nationals are?
i cannot find anything
i am really curious about the battle between sara/monkoman and smart/diaz :watch:

16th - 18th December. But they are also skating this weekend in Budapest.

hanca

Values her privacy
Goda Butkute / Nikita Ermolaev are added to the entries at Mentor Cup in Torun :confused:

Is this Fancy/Boyadi all over again?:rofl::watch:

(edit: she is still listed on icepartnersearch though :rofl:)
Fancy/Boyadji are split up for about six months, maybe even longer. She has been on icepartnersearch search for ages. He had found a partner, but complete beginner to pairs.

J

Jeschke

Fancy/Boyadji are split up for about six months, maybe even longer. She has been on icepartnersearch search for ages. He had found a partner, but complete beginner to pairs.

ehm that was not my point :huh:

my post was about the splitting, the teaming up again, (the potential splitting again) like fancy/boyadi back then. same strange movements. so funny.

hanca

Values her privacy
ehm that was not my point :huh:

my post was about the splitting, the teaming up again, (the potential splitting again) like fancy/boyadi back then. same strange movements. so funny.
Sorry, I read your post just after I woke up, and I wasn't fully awake. I was wondering why are you surprised by that old news...

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Goda Butkute / Nikita Ermolaev are added to the entries at Mentor Cup in Torun :confused:

:gallopin1 potential here!

I hope they actually compete, there is a live feed, and we can see the kiss&cry (that's all). :p

Vagabond

I wonder wonder why, oouu why
Why are you on Ice Partner Search?

Tell me, tell me, tell me
Oh why are you on Ice Partner Search?

I’ve got to know the answer
Musta been something I did or said!

I wonder wonder why, be-do-do why

I, I love your skatin’
Baby you know I do
But I’ve got to ask about your listing
Find out why it’s true

I wonder wonder why, be-doooo why

Chorus:

Chapter one says the partner
You lift her with all your heart

Chapter two you tell her
You never, never, never, never, ever wanna part

In chapter three remember
The meaning of ice dance

In chapter four you break up
But you give her just one more chance

Oh I wonder wonder why, be-doooo why

Baby, baby, baby
You’re looking elsewhere
Well it says so on Ice Partner Search
That’s what says right here

(Chorus)

Baby, baby, baby
You’re looking elsewhere
Well it says so on Ice Partner Search
That’s what says right here

I wonder wonder why, be-doooo why

I, wonder why, (Yeah) why are you on Ice Partner Search

:confused:

J

Jeschke

golovkina did not skate at national championsips :drama:
do we have any updates on her?
i want her for euros!

#balticprincess :glamor:

Dobre

Does anyone know if either of the Czech female ice dancers--Cortney Mansour or Nicole Kuzmich--already has or is likely to have citizenship for the Olympics? Curious both because Mansour & Ceska are on the bubble as a dance team and because the Czech Republic is a plausible competitor for the team event.

(Crossposting this on The Dance Hall thread as well so feel free to answer in either location)

Sylvia

TBD
2 new Russian-Hungarian teams are mentioned on the HUN federation's FB page:

Daria Beklemishcheva & Márk Magyar in pairs: https://www.facebook.com/MagyarOrsz...550939258538/1538014449545512/?type=3&theater
She last competed internationally at the JGP Final in December 2004 2014 (typo, oops): http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00015000.htm

ETA: @hanca corrected me below - Beklemisheva's most recent international competition with Bobrov was not in December 2014, but in March 2015, at junior worlds. I misread their ISI bio.

Anna Yanovskaya & Ádám Lukács in dance: https://www.facebook.com/MagyarOrszagosKorcsolyazoSzovetseg/posts/1536829286330695

Both teams are scheduled to debut for Hungary at the Bavarian Open next month.

Last edited:

Chemistry66

2 new Russian-Hungarian teams are mentioned on the HUN federation's FB page:

Daria Beklemishcheva & Márk Magyar in pairs: https://www.facebook.com/MagyarOrsz...550939258538/1538014449545512/?type=3&theater
She last competed internationally at the JGP Final in December 2004: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00015000.htm

Anna Yanovskaya & Ádám Lukács in dance: https://www.facebook.com/MagyarOrszagosKorcsolyazoSzovetseg/posts/1536829286330695

Both teams are scheduled to debut for Hungary at the Bavarian Open next month.

Oooh, Hungarian. This will be interesting. Hope that if either (or both) stick around, they have no release issues.

ETA: I guess if they're competing at the Bavarian Open, there were no release issues.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

now at least it's getting more and more interesting towards the ice dance olympic spots '18.
any word by whom y/l are coached?

hanca

Values her privacy
Sylvia I HOPE you mean December 2014 -- a THIRTEEN year layoff from 2004 to 2017 would probably deserve an entry in the Guinness Book of World Records!
She does mean 2014. Beklemysheva/Bobrov looked pretty decent and at the end of the 2014-15 season he dumped her. I probably wouldn't take it personally because Bobrov has had every year a different partner, but Beklemysheva was quite upset and wanted to take a year off skating and then decide what she was going to do. (That's what she said in some interview). About six months ago she went on icepartnersearch. Bobrov is on second partner since he stopped skating with Beklemysheva, (6th partner in total), and looking at Bobrov's current partner, I think he is an idiot. Neither in 2015-16 nor in 2016-17 he qualified to Russian nationals. They were not good enough to skate in JGP either. He could have got all this experience with Beklemysheva, but it is his career. I am wondering when he dumps the current partner, because I don't think he will be getting JGP next season either. Next season will be his last junior eligible season.

ETA: actually, @Sylvia is not correct. Last Beklemysheva's international competition was not in December 2014, but in March 2015, at junior worlds.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

34 149.3 Goda BUTKUTE / Nikita ERMOLAEV LTU ISU CS Tallinn Trophy 2016 -- reportedly will split at the end of this season

Ah, did I miss these news?

So the 'get together again' was just to end the season and split apart afterwards? :confused:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Ah, did I miss these news?

So the 'get together again' was just to end the season and split apart afterwards? :confused:
She's still on IPS, but maybe didn't remove the listing?

She says she wants to represent LTU at Euros, Worlds, and Olympics, which significantly reduces the chances of her finding another partner, especially after Tobias had to renounce Lithuanian citizenship when she got an Israeli passport. Ermolaev is Russian, and I doubt Lithuania would have considered him for citizenship even if Tobias had never applied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information