News and updates à la Française, part trois

synian

sorry this isn't a direct link you have to scroll down a little bit to find it ... don't know how to direct it ?!!

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
The reporter presents the Lyon training center as a champions nest where all the great French ice dance couples one day have trained. She also mentions the new trend of starting training with Muriel Zazoui and then leaving to train abroad like P/C. Muriel reacts to this by saying they didn't really leave the family as she trained Dubreuil and Lauzon too. So P/C chose a kind of continuity. The reason behind those teams leaving is financing issues according to the reporter.

I think that is the gist of it.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
It might be, but to me, the singer was doing the heavy lifting, particularly towards the end, and neither the skating nor the choreography matched it. It's early in the season, though.

Bellanca

That’s the downside w/ vocals, IMHO, they can distract from the skater(s) which could be helpful in some cases, or harmful.

J

Jeschke

You know, ever since the rule change, I've hated this trend towards programs where lyrics are the focus of the music, but somehow I love James & Cipres new LP. I think it's easily the best thing they've ever done.
i absolutely agree; there are lots of special details in this program, i really enjoyed that. if they now get their nerves together, get rid of the 2ft landings, they are ready for a euros medal.

have i missed the switch to zimmerman?

laviemn

It might be, but to me, the singer was doing the heavy lifting, particularly towards the end, and neither the skating nor the choreography matched it. It's early in the season, though.

I was really excited when I recognized the song, then by the end of the program I was wishing they had more choreographic detail and expression. I think Morgan was feeling it though, he performed more than I've ever seen him. He seems to have this new competitive fire in the last year.

Didier isn't trying to yank their funding, is he?

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
i absolutely agree; there are lots of special details in this program, i really enjoyed that. if they now get their nerves together, get rid of the 2ft landings, they are ready for a euros medal.

have i missed the switch to zimmerman?
I had missed the switch too.
Can we give them extra points for having Zimmerman? Just because I missed him so much^^^

sus2850

I love Vanessa and Morgan's new long program and they seem so much happier than the last two seasons. Any info how the move to the US came about and how the federation sees it (considering what was posted above about Mae)?

kirkbiggestfan

Interesting article about Papadakis/Cizeron:
http://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/pa...cizeron-devoile-son-nouveau-programme-4540209
I suck at translating but here are Haguenauer's main points:

-everybody is trying to imitate P/C, but they have to be one step ahead the competition. The competitors are trying to be more modern and more romantic.
- we wanted to play with a lot of rythm changes:fast sections with crazy piano section and "silence-like" sections
-it's risky but it is something that they will have to sell to the audience. It is up to them to interpret it to captivate the audience.
-the SD is the swing. Romain wanted something fun. The program is very fast with a lot of bouncing in their leg work.
-their choreographer had them move their upper-bodies forward as opposed to the straight traditional postures of skating standards.

Dobre

I love Vanessa and Morgan's new long program

I just wanted to post this comment too. I was so busy during SA that I didn't have time to follow the pairs threads at the time. But this free skate program is wonderful! You could tell the crowd loved it, regardless of the mistakes. People were really responding, even during practice. I feel like I have been waiting forever to see these two have good packaging in both the short and especially the long program within one season. This is that season. I truly hope they will dial back the crazy throw and give us a chance to see this LP skated beautifully this year. I think the crowd would go crazy. And I would so love for Vanessa & Morgan to have that moment.

breathesgelatin

Interesting article about Papadakis/Cizeron:
http://www.ouest-france.fr/sport/pa...cizeron-devoile-son-nouveau-programme-4540209
I suck at translating but here are Haguenauer's main points:

-everybody is trying to imitate P/C, but they have to be one step ahead the competition. The competitors are trying to be more modern and more romantic.
- we wanted to play with a lot of rythm changes:fast sections with crazy piano section and "silence-like" sections
-it's risky but it is something that they will have to sell to the audience. It is up to them to interpret it to captivate the audience.
-the SD is the swing. Romain wanted something fun. The program is very fast with a lot of bouncing in their leg work.
-their choreographer had them move their upper-bodies forward as opposed to the straight traditional postures of skating standards.

Thanks for posting!

I like their SD this year a lot. I think it is their best SD this quad so far. Will be interesting to see how it scores. It captures more of a true swing feel for me than most of the other teams we've seen use swing so far, with the full body movement they're using.

I do think the FD is a potentially weaker vehicle than their last two programs, both of which I loved. I'm of the firm belief this team can do more than "romantic/modern" and I loooooooved their 2013-14 Woodkid FD. I know that's not a universal opinion. I guess I was hoping for something more edgy/dark/rocknroll or something this year. But oh well. I may feel different when I see it in HD and in international competition. But right now I'm just not sure.

nuge

Thanks for posting!

I like their SD this year a lot. I think it is their best SD this quad so far. Will be interesting to see how it scores. It captures more of a true swing feel for me than most of the other teams we've seen use swing so far, with the full body movement they're using.

I would like their blues to be a little shorter because it seems to go on for ages and then the Swing is stuck on the end and is over so quick.Love the dance though and I'm sure with the HD and better camera angles and more trained of course they will be superb!

J

Jeschke

So, with Aymoz winning, who has updates on the euros selection?
Euros criteria was a quad.

I mean, I would like to see ponsart in ostrava, but of course I want drama-aymoz too :gallopin1

Will DG be gracious or will it just be another episode of the wtf-dg-soap? :rofl:

maya1985

French euros selection:
Men: Besseghier; Aymoz (suppleant: Ponsart)
Ladies: Lecavelier; Meité
Pairs: James/Ciprès; Esbrat/Novoselov or Mendoza/Kovalev (Suppleants: Esbrat/Novoselov or Mendoza/Kovalev)/ The choice will be based on the results of Torun
Dance: Papadakis/Cizeron; Lauriault/Le Gac (suppleants: Alessandrini/Souquet)
https://ffsg.org/evenement/isu-championnat-deurope-2017-ostravia-republique-tcheque/

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Nmsis

Latest informations are that Kevin Aymoz has left Annecy (between Nats and Euros) and has come back to Grenoble.
The FFSG has sent Katia Krier to coach him "temporarily" (probably with the instructions to bring him back to Bercy at all costs)

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting here (thanks for the updates, @Nmsis!):
Junior Nationals are in 2 weeks in Cergy.
I've put all the informations here.
A few informations are available on the skating committee website. Schedule, entries.
The dance committee hasn't published the dance entries yet.
Latest informations are that Kevin Aymoz has left Annecy (between Nats and Euros) and has come back to Grenoble.
The FFSG has sent Katia Krier to coach him "temporarily" (probably with the instructions to bring him back to Bercy at all costs)
Link to the 1/16/17 press release: https://ffsg.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/CP-kevin-AYMOZ-1.pdf
And Auréa Furno, who won the Summer Cup among the juniors, has also moved to Bercy after the Summer Cup (or the FFSG's shopping days)
Nevertheless, she won't be in Cergy as she had a blank season.

Last edited:

Nmsis

And Auréa Furno, who won the Summer Cup among the juniors, has also moved to Bercy after the Summer Cup (or the FFSG's shopping days)
Nevertheless, she won't be in Cergy as she had a blank season.

J

Jeschke

any word about mendoza/kovalev?
lots of late withdrawals.

are they still together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information