2017-2018 Program Music and Choreographers

VGThuy

I remember being so blah about Kayne/O'Shea's SP last season but then being really surprised at how much I actually enjoyed their LP despite not having a totally clean performance. It was a real step up for them in terms of choreographic content IMO.

wickedwitch

I remember being so blah about Kayne/O'Shea's SP last season but then being really surprised at how much I actually enjoyed their LP despite not having a totally clean performance. It was a real step up for them in terms of choreographic content IMO.
I loved loved loved their LP last year and am incredibly disappointed they didn't keep it for this season.

Sylvia

TBD
Cross-posting from the U.S. Ladies thread:

Amber Glenn article: [ETA that link no longer works atm]
She tells Figure Skaters Online she will be skating to the film soundtrack of The Red Violin by John Corigliano, choreographed by Scott Brown.
“I’m really excited about that (my free skate),” she exclaimed. “It tells a story and it is really beautiful. It has a lot of changes in it. It is not just one thing throughout the program. There’s slow, there’s fast, there’s dramatic, there’s calm. There’s a lot of different things in it.”
[Scott] Brown also choreographed Glenn’s short program, which is to the song, “Fever” (The Heat Version) by Beyoncé.

Last edited:

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
I actually am unsarcastically, unironically :cheer2: for Grant's choice.

I never ever thought I would like another Les Miz program, but Grant, he did it proud, and I liked it.

So if he can work the same magic with POTO, good on him.:saint: We shall see....

Sylvia

TBD
Two for the Ice tweeted the link to the FB page of Carolanne Soucisse/Shane Firus (4th in Senior Dance at 2017 Canadian Nationals) where they announced their program music on May 7: https://www.facebook.com/CaroShaneF/

SD: Bailando, El Perdedor & Let Me Be Your Lover by Enrique Iglesias & Co.
FD: Cheek to Cheek & I Won't Dance - duets by Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
Lauriault/Le Gac announced that their SD will be to "September" and "How Deep Is Your Love." (No mention of whether they are using the original artists or cover versions.)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUUMbX_FV7w/?taken-by=lauriaultlegac

September; as in Earth Wind & Fire, September??? Be still, my heart.:eek:

I adore EW&F and have been looking for someone, somewhere to skate to them (back in the day when ice dancers skated to godawful musak, some pair I forget had ten seconds of an EWF song, but I know of none since....)

I applaud Lauriault/LeGac for skating to the tunes that gramps and granny got down to:D (truly, this also is not ironic, I'm thrilled, if it's a cover, death to my soul....)

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
Brezina posted on Instagram:
'Thank you so much for working with me it was a pleasure and can't wait for the program to settle in and be able to do it fully like you wanted me to!'
With Benoit Richaud. Judging from the hashtags, the songs are 'Stand by me' covered by Bootstraps (the same singer covering two of the three songs in H/D's FD) and 'Human' by Rag'n'bone man

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUTGAjdgY1T/?taken-by=mick_brezina

DobrinFan

hanca

Values her privacy
I will die if Adios Nonino makes it into her LP somehow after using it as a SP for parts of like 4 seasons. :respec:
It doesn't really matter. It is not as if you had to watch it many times during the season. The chances of her getting to Europeans /Worlds are not very good, so we will see her programs only at two GP events and at Russian nationals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information