Recent content by suki

1. S

Nathan Chen Fan Thread #2

Thrilled beyond words for the great Nathan Chen. I am still catching up with the articles. Are there any videos of Rafe Artunian watching Nathan from the boards while he was skating? I love watching him watching his skaters knock it out of the park.
  2. S

Michelle Kwan gives birth to Daughter

Photos of a pregnant Michelle from E Online. She still looks like she could win Nationals even with a baby bump. https://www.eonline.com/news/1315360/michelle-kwan-gives-birth-to-first-baby-and-shares-photo-of-daughter
  3. S

Unpopular Opinions

I fast-forward through the videos of P/C, S/K, and H/D routines. I still watch videos of Davis/White, 2015-2018 Shib/Shibs. and Virtue/Moir to alleviate the boredom. I am hoping the next crop of ice dancing teams who dominate the next Olympic cycle will restore some of the excitement...
  4. S

Kostornaia out of Russian Nationals

Oh swell. Another 4 years of sniping and backbiting with the Eteri coaching team.:scream:
  5. S

The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

I love both couples. And if there is any male dancer who was born to disco, it's Jean-Luc. Check out his lip synch to Fergie's "My Humps" on Youtube from a few years ago. Hilarious.
  6. S

The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

It's the 1980s once again!:scream:
  7. S

A performance from the past it just gives you chills. Please post one

That was their free dance to the Beatles "Golden Slumbers," the last song on the Abbey Road album (featuring the immortal line "In the end the love you take is equal to the love you make"). It was a great free program. (Full disclosure: I am a Beatles fanatic.) The video was posted on...
  8. S

2021-22 Programs and Choreographers

Does it really matter? I assume Zhulin will be the choreographer, so I am not expecting much, but it will be overscored nonetheless.:blah:
  9. S

2022 Olympic Season Music Ideas/Suggestions

This is one of my favorite songs by The Beatles. So many changes of rhythms and timing make it perfect for ice dancing. The American ice dance team Kimberly Navarro/Brett Bommentre skated to it in 2006 season, but no other ice dance team or skater has used it since. I would love to see some...
  10. S

U.S. Ice Dance 2020-21 season news & updates

Do you mean Massimo Scali? I thought Scali was a great asset to the Shibs. I wasn't aware that Margaglio worked with them.
  11. S

U.S. Ladies [#29]: Skating with Adjusted Vision

Can anyone tell me what Johnny was saying about the "Russian" technique when placing the toe pick in the ice for a jump and how it is different from the way Americans/others are trained? I had to answer a phone call and heard only bits and pieces of what he said. Thanks!
  12. S

Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya passed away

Do you mean 1988 OGM in ice dancing Natalya Bestemianova? What did she say?
  13. S

Music I wish someone would skate to: 2020 Edition :)

The American ice dance team of Kimberly Navarro and Brent Bommentre skated their long program to this in the 2006-2007 season (Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, and The End). It used to be available on Youtube, but was removed (copyright issues?). It was a really a well choreographed and...
  14. S

Carreira/Ponomarenko Need a Cheer Thread

I loved seeing his mom, the goddess Marina Klimova, doing the programs with them from the stands. You could see her doing every step just by the way she moved she moved her head. Priceless:)
  15. S

Figure Skating Baby News!

Thanks so much!
Do Not Sell My Personal Information