Recent content by Sk8tn

1. Sk8tn

Great Skaters who never made it to the Olympics

Robert Wagenhoffer - got to 6th in the Worlds in both singles and pairs, but no Olympics.
  2. Sk8tn

What coach would you choose for *your* kid? (Piggybacking off Kostornaia thread)

He’s my coach too, and he took me through my Gold Dances (adult track). I’ve loved taking from him.
  3. Sk8tn

2022 Nationals in Nashville

I just tried the email address for Logan VanSickle above, and it came back “undeliverable”. Does anyone have other contact information for this person or any other contact?
  4. Sk8tn

2022 Nationals in Nashville

I have my confirmation number for buying the Championship Weekend tickets, but nothing else. They are not in my Ticketmaster app either. How do I find out if I will actually have the tickets I purchased>
  5. Sk8tn

Tracking skating on a smartwatch

I just started using an Apple Watch SE. What is the best sport to use to track a skating practice? They have a Skating entry, but it is really skateboarding. Would the Hockey entry be better, or something like Yoga or Social Dance? Or would any really work since it’s really just going to note...
  6. Sk8tn

Battle of the Blades is returning to CBC this Fall!

I think seeing last year’s winner include parts of Yankee Polka and the Blues pattern dances and lots of clean turns and twizzles might have set the bar higher for skating skills.
  7. Sk8tn

ISU Cancels 2020 World Figure Skating Championships

I called Bell Centre, and I was told that online purchases (which I did) would be automatically refunded to the card used. That was just a verbal, and I don’t know about other type of purchases.
  8. Sk8tn

Montreal chosen as host for 2020 figure skating world championships

Also, shouldn’t there be a difference between someone choosing not to go to an event for which the bought a ticket and the event not happening?
  9. Sk8tn

Montreal chosen as host for 2020 figure skating world championships

Evenko is saying there will be no exceptions to their no refund policy. Do people think that will stand or that they will have to cave and refund ticket holders? It does seem unconscionable to not make those of us who bought tickets whole by issuing a refund. It is not up to our discretion if...
  10. Sk8tn

2020 US Nationals Dance Bronze Medal Poll

NHK made me more confident for H&B. C&P just need a little more seasoning at Senior.
  11. Sk8tn

U.S. Ice Dance 2019-20 season news & updates

Losing points on Finnstep worries me about C&B, H&B, Gilles and Poirier, and Stefanova and Bukin too. If Sinitsina and Katsalapov remain 2nd, those lost Finnstep points will bear a lot of blame.
  12. Sk8tn

CBC Revives Battle of the Blades Skating Show!

For me, as an adult ice dancer in my early 50s, it’s no question that Sheldon is the best by a wide margin. However, Spooner‘s speed, cleanness and difficulty of turns, and relationship to the music are second only to Sheldon among the hockey players.
  13. Sk8tn

Does Skate Canada publish any level of tests passed? If anyone sees it published in the future that Sheldon is passing dance tests, please report it here so we can know. Part of me would not be surprised. Just like George Laraque kept figure skating after Battle of the Blades, I would not be...
  14. Sk8tn

It was amazing what Shae-Lynn got out of Brisebois!
  15. Sk8tn

I am glad to see someone in my age group show good skating skills and ice dance skills. I just tested my last Gold dance (US Adult 50+ track), and I’d be happy to call steps and partner him on a social dance session. Hmmmm, do you think he could make older ice dancers popular enough north of...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information