Recent content by quiqie

1. quiqie

Discussing Tuberidze's latest interview

I don’t think she has a sense of humor at all. I think her seemingly dry sense of humor is her saying quite outrageous things in all seriousness and other people believing she must be joking.
  2. quiqie

Aljona Savchenko has been released to the USA to continue her pairs career

Well, whatever one might think of the whole Alyona situation, Dave Lease IS a tool, or, rather, a piece of absolutely toxic human garbage, constantly striving to insert himself in any dumpster fire, so why would Liam feel the need to apologize, I have no idea.
  3. quiqie

No PDAs for Zagitova

Some of us are fine with it, others would prefer if said strangers kept their hands to themselves :rolleyes:
  4. quiqie

From Russia with Love [#33]: Summer 2019

...leave any foreign robotics at the door, and learn the Gadbois-specific signature style robotics in gradient, sure.
  5. quiqie

From Russia with Love [#30]: If There Are Test Skate Videos, It Must Be Fall 2018

She was asked a general question: what about the rivals of Russian skaters, who can surprise us. The top story right now is that three North American skaters (Gold, Wagner, Daleman) are having psychological problems. She’s trying to explain why it happens. I realize that the perception and...
  6. quiqie

From Russia with Love [#30]: If There Are Test Skate Videos, It Must Be Fall 2018

I remember Ashley Wagner saying she feels a lot of pressure because of all the (American) girls, e.g. Gracie Gold, who could do 3-3s easily. So what did she do, she worked on her 3-3 to make it less MIA and kept her weight in check. At some point it stopped working and she was sidelined by the...
  7. quiqie

I guess Orser and Wilson had the same effect on Hersh and he couldn’t bring himself to ask them any pertinent questions, like why they gave Medvedeva such forgettable filler programs or unhelpful jump layout this year, printing instead all the cookie-cutter damage-control answers they fed to him.
  8. quiqie

... because Medvedeva coming to Canada to train is getting the (ridiculous) press coverage of a ‘Soviet skater defecting to the West’? I wonder if Hersh would write in an article on PC that “there are no French people in Gadbois” and ask them to detail their feelings about how things worked in...
  9. quiqie

In other news: Hersh is such a <no longer young><a contemptible person>.
  10. quiqie

Vaytsekhovskaya's interview with Stolbova

She can commiserate with Barbara Fusar-Poli.
  11. quiqie

Anton Sikharulidze interview

I can’t believe this thread is still alive.
  12. quiqie

UPDATED/CONFIRMED: Evgenia Medvedeva leaving Tutberidze for Orser

Of all the skaters in Tutberidze’s group, Zhenya was always her favorite, the ultimate teacher’s pet and I don’t for a second believe she would hesitate to voice her opinion about her programs if she had one. There will always be skaters who prefer to let the coach make the decisions and carry...
  13. quiqie

On the other hand, I remember Zhulin saying that B/S were diligent and hardworking, but offered very little in terms of creative input, even despite him pressuring them to be more involved in the creative process. On yet another hand, I distinctly remember that Lipnitskaya used to get her way...
  14. quiqie

Except the “us vs. them” ideology is not limited to Russia, and “those evil Russians” is very much a thing, especially in North America (“it’s Russia!” (c) Carol Lane)
  15. quiqie

Re the flowers, iirc Guerreiro once said, disscussing his many coaching changes and parting ways with coaches: “it’s what you do, you come with flowers to say good bye and thank you. Sometimes though you might get those flowers thrown in your face.”
Do Not Sell My Personal Information