Recent content by Lara

1. Lara

The 2024 Total Solar Eclipse Thread

It’s pretty amazing how light it still was with just a tiny sliver of sun left (on both ends of the eclipse). That was my most surprising takeaway. But the totality was awesome. We got some hazy clouds in the end but not to the point of interfering. Agree it was like twilight only 4 hours too...
  2. Lara

The 2024 Total Solar Eclipse Thread

That's my understanding. I have glasses from a partial eclipse in 2017, I think I first heard about the upcoming 2024 event back then and was already crossing fingers re. weather. Clear skies so far... :D
  3. Lara

Jeffrey Buttle's Ararat free skate

I would have really loved to see him at the exhibition at Montreal Worlds. The only win to make me as happy at the time was Shen and Zhao in 2003. It took the right circumstances but was beyond thrilled he delivered.
  4. Lara

Japanese figure skating 2023-24 season news & updates

Yep - whereas “n” is a sound so you could have Ha-na or Ha-n-na, and it seems either one can correspond to 花 (the kanji for flower) at least per my dictionary app.
  5. Lara

2020 Worlds - What would have happened?

Missing out on the snake charmer FD is probably what I mourn most about losing 2020 vs. 2024.
  6. Lara

Japanese figure skating 2023-24 season news & updates

Even more respect for their skate now, wow. Here’s hoping they’re both fully recovered next season.
  7. Lara

TV & streaming coverage for WC in Montréal, Canada

I don't think these replay links for Radio-Canada pairs and ladies SP were posted: https://ici.radio-canada.ca/sports/diffusions/18-861080/mondiaux-patinage-artistique-programme-court-couples https://ici.radio-canada.ca/sports/diffusions/18-861087/mondiaux-patinage-artistique-programme-court-femmes
  8. Lara

Will there be a US Nationals in 2025?

Could fit Reading… :slinkaway
  9. Lara

Worlds 2024 Free Dance: ‘The Moors of Montreal’

Here for that domination for sure. :cheer:
  10. Lara

Worlds 2024 Pairs FS: ‘The wedgie always gets its woman’

I’d have easily stayed had I known! Darn but glad they did it for M&K.
  11. Lara

2024 World Figure Skating Championships in Montreal

I believe she did pairs and Kaetlyn Osmond did singles (never specifically caught the names but sounded like them, correct me if wrong)
  12. Lara

Worlds 2024 Men FS: ‘Putting the Eh? in Standing Ovation’

ETA that I meant Lukas in my prior post. Apologies that I keep getting names wrong (pretty sure I wrote Kimmie instead of Kimmy the other day). :wall:
  13. Lara

Was nice to meet you even if brief! I’m still in shock. Memola started off the group well. Jason I was just able to relax and enjoy without the stress from the SP. Excellent job from Lucas. Then Shoma…ugh but I could still appreciate his skating, you could hear a pin drop in the arena in the...
  14. Lara

I cannot believe what I’ve just seen. That’s all. :eek:
  15. Lara

Can’t even snark after that. :( Rough flight, really need the bad vibes to clear up for the final group.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information