Recent content by E.A. Week

1. E.A. Week

Evan Lysacek - the most underappreciated champion?

Same here. I was a huge Johnny Weir fan, but I still enjoyed Evan's skating and thought he had a lot of potential. After 2006, though, he just lost me. I will always watch this and wonder where the heck that Evan went. He was so good-looking then, with his tousled hair and slightly kooky...
  2. E.A. Week

Madison Chock & Evan Bates Hopes, Fears & Cheers!

Just a drive-by post to say I've seen the videos of CB's new programs, and I love both of them.
  3. E.A. Week

Congrats to CB on their silver medal, also to the Shibs on finishing fifth. Ice dancing continues to be the strong suit for US skating these days. I honestly thought CB would finish third, behind PC and WP, so the second place finish was a pleasant surprise to me.
  4. E.A. Week

It is indeed! Wow, I think there are major corporations out there that don't have such a nice web site! My hat is off to the site designer.
  5. E.A. Week

The Adam Rippon Good News Thread

Yes, he did! A big step in the right direction for Adam. I don't think he's ever come close to winning the free at Nationals.
  6. E.A. Week

I am so happy! I've enjoyed Adam's skating for five years now, but had kind of lost hope he would ever be able to pull it all together. Never been so happy to be proven wrong. The US men's program seems to be finally getting its legs. I was so impressed with Adam's gutsy quad Lutz attempts...
  7. E.A. Week

Hawayek/ Baker Cheer Thread

I think you're probably right on this one. Winning bronze at NHK has positioned H/B pretty well. I think if they deliver two solid programs at Nationals, they'll make the team for Worlds. The USFS will want to start grooming them for 2018 and the quad beyond. It would be great for such a...
  8. E.A. Week

I'm impressed with both CB's programs. Also, their skating in general is better--better speed and flow, deeper edges, and their performance is really expressive. Their scores were very good for so early in the season--they had one level 2 on a step sequence in the freedance, but otherwise, it...
  9. E.A. Week

Thanks for starting this thread, Doris! I started getting on the CB bandwagon after last season (I loved their freedance at WTT in 2013). It was great to watch how their programs progressed through 2013-2014, and they really knocked it out of the rink in Boston. They had to follow Meryl &...
  10. E.A. Week

I really hope Adam takes advantage of the opportunity to go to 4CC and skates his best. Bittersweet consolation, I'm sure, but if he intends to continue competing, he needs to let the USFSA know he's still serious. A good finish there might net him good GP assignments for next fall. He's...
  11. E.A. Week

You should! If I knew how to paint (used to take drawing classes waay back in the day, but never made it to painting), I would probably have a thousand paintings of Adam right now. I mean--the eyes, the lips, the curls, the bone structure, the flawless skin (my inner spotty 13-year-old is very...
  12. E.A. Week

Two of my fave Adam programs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdP5oHCjAbk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLTw8A79EKQ On a completely shallow note, Adam has to be one of the physically most beautiful people in the world. Seriously, when it comes to the genetic lottery, that kid just hit the...
  13. E.A. Week

I adore Adam, and my fingers are crossed very hard for him to make the team for Sochi. The Rippon Lutz is so spectacularly beautiful, it just takes my breath away every time I see it. My dream team for the US men is Adam Rippon and Jason Brown. :D
Do Not Sell My Personal Information