Allskate

Stupid woman. Now Med, Zags and Scher can join together in chopped liverhood.
I actually always have preferred those three women to Valieva. Valieva never appealed to me. I think Valieva's stroking is ugly, and I've never understood the "great artist" label. I thought it was hype. I haven't missed having her on the international scene at all.

I think Moskvina was deliberately vague to avoid consequences for her in Russia. But, I think she knows the truth. And, at least she isn't claiming that the Russians were robbed or pretending that it was cake that caused the problem.

puglover

Eteri has an Instagram post out about the situation that wasn’t so favourable to her students not named Kamilla.

Said Kamilla was the best most talented skater she ever coached.
Very likely true. However, Eteri only coaches very talented skaters who have government financial support and as long as they produce they have the presumed best of everything. Very different story for Kaetlyn O. who competed well against A & E while acknowledging that her family only had so much money they could spend and she had to make the most of it. Two systems but we accept that.

We refuse to accept advantage through drugs. When we hear that Russians don't want this to happen again, I don't know exactly what that means. We seem to have very different opinions on who screwed this up for Kamilla.

On My Own

I think Valieva's stroking is ugly,
I don't disagree, but did you really find Shcherbakova's (the worst of those 4) better?

God Medvedeva's skating made my eyes roll. Least offensive was Zagitova, simply because I thought that was a gutsy LP performance at the Olympics, by adding back the +3Lo after failing it at first.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I didn't say that I was a fan of Scherbakova or her stroking. But, I found Valieva's stroking more distracting. YMMV. Honestly, I don't miss any of those Russian girls. I found Tuktamysheva more interesting.

ITA with the quality of their skating and the absurdity of the way their scores got higher and higher. I liked some of the skaters along the way but the hype and the acceptance of it outside Russia is not very good.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Very likely true. However, Eteri only coaches very talented skaters who have government financial support and as long as they produce they have the presumed best of everything.

You forgot another requirement: skaters that will do everything she tells them to do without questioning it. Which might be even more important than talent in her eyes.

Allskate

crying rn
Alexa also has an IG story up right now. "Clean athletes rise to the top."

ITA with the quality of their skating and the absurdity of the way their scores got higher and higher. I liked some of the skaters along the way but the hype and the acceptance of it outside Russia is not very good.
Not just accepting it, but adding to it. I'm looking at you Johnny Weir. (But also looking at others. Even this week I've see her described by North American media as the greatest artist, which I find ridiculous.)

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I'm going to choose to believe she meant the doping/doping of a minor athlete.

WRT the whole medal delay fiasco, you'd have to fix incompetence to prevent that, which is pretty unlikely to ever happen.
I took her post to mean both. The doping and the circus that followed.

I would eat that.
I would too but I wouldn't call it a bagel.

caseyedwards

They are proven abusers of TUE. They are both proven cheaters. Also all sports in Russia are state sponsored. You can call all actions by all athletes state sponsored.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
They just showed black women with odd muscular bodies. They should have shown lovely Starr but it wouldn’t have proven their point.
Yes, well, they are pointedly going after Americans who have TUEs for ADHD etc. Those types of drugs are not permitted in Russia, IIRC, so they're trying to imply that we are doping in our own way but that WADA favors us because they haven't banned those kind of drugs outright.

caseyedwards

Yes, well, they are pointedly going after Americans who have TUEs for ADHD etc. Those types of drugs are not permitted in Russia, IIRC, so they're trying to imply that we are doping in our own way but that WADA favors us because they haven't banned those kind of drugs outright.
So true. America is such a pharmacological country all Americans are given special treatment and special favors to take huge amounts of PEDs.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I think Kostornaia was the most talented skater that Tutberidze ever coached. She might not be the most disciplined, focused, or hard-working, at least to ET's standards, but she was the real deal.
I totally agree.

I doubt she would ever be a favourite of the coaches, firstly because no quads and secondly I think she came to them later so they couldn’t take full credit?

ajingmarg

I think Kostornaia was the most talented skater that Tutberidze ever coached. She might not be the most disciplined, focused, or hard-working, at least to ET's standards, but she was the real deal.
Not in eteri's eyes.

Her personality never went well with Eteri's command type of control over her skaters.

Kostornaya may be talented for you but in Eteri's eyes she is a nobody. And is kicked out of the academy

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information