Viewing Options for Worlds.

A.H.Black

Worlds is March 20-26. Here is the US schedule copied from Sylvia's main 2022-23 schedules page.

Mar. 21ISU World Figure Skating Championships 20239 p.m.-1 a.m.Peacock
Mar. 22ISU World Figure Skating Championships 20231:45-8 a.m.Peacock
Mar. 22ISU World Figure Skating Championships 20236-8 a.m.USA Network
Mar. 22ISU World Figure Skating Championships 20239 p.m.-1 a.m.Peacock
Mar. 23ISU World Figure Skating Championships 20231:45-8 a.m.Peacock
Mar. 23ISU World Figure Skating Championships 20236-8 a.m.USA Network
Mar. 23ISU World Figure Skating Championships 20238-10 a.m.USA Network*
Mar. 23ISU World Figure Skating Championships 20239:45 p.m.-3:15 a.m.Peacock
Mar. 24ISU World Figure Skating Championships 20234:15-8:30 a.m.Peacock
Mar. 24ISU World Figure Skating Championships 20236:30-8:30 a.m.USA Network
Mar. 24ISU World Figure Skating Championships 202311:30 p.m.-3 a.m.Peacock
Mar. 25ISU World Figure Skating Championships 20234:15-8:30 a.m.Peacock
Mar. 25ISU World Figure Skating Championships 20236:30-8:30 a.m.Peacock
Mar. 25ISU World Figure Skating Championships 20238-10 p.m.NBC*
Apr. 9ISU World Figure Skating Championships 20233-6 p.m.NBC*
Apr. 4ISU World Synchronized Skating ChampionshipsNoon-2 p.m.USA Network*
*taped coverage
Peacock does have the tiles up. The times are not exactly the same as above. Most events are off by an hour. As always, the times are hard for US viewers. I'm hoping Peacock does us the favor of providing for delayed viewing, but who knows.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Copying over from the 2023 Worlds subforum in Kiss & Cry: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/tv-streaming-coverage-for-2023-worlds.110568/

U.S. TV schedule for Worlds (preliminary; will post the link to NBC Sports' press release when published) - all times Eastern (Japan is now 13 hours ahead of ET):
Wednesday, Mar. 22ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2023: Women's Short6-8 a.m.USA Network
Thursday, Mar. 23ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2023: Men's Short6-8 a.m.USA Network
Thursday, Mar. 23ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2023: Pairs Free8-10 a.m.USA Network*
Friday, Mar. 24ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2023: Women's Free6:30-8:30 a.m.USA Network
Saturday, Mar. 25ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2023: Men's Free6:30-8:30 a.m.USA Network
Saturday, Mar. 25ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2023: Women's Free8-10 p.m.NBC*
Sunday, Apr. 9ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2023: Recap3-6 p.m.NBC*
*taped coverage

For Peacock Premium subscribers: https://www.peacocktv.com/watch/sports/sports-figure-skating
(ETA: Fingers crossed that there will be event replays available for at least 48 hours, like for Nationals, Euros & some of 4CC.)

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I’ve scheduled Peacock events to “my stuff” - However, pls be aware that peacock will not be showing the Exhibition on Sunday (15:00 local; 1am eastern)….because there’s always someone asking about the exhibition!!!!

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The schedule is butt ugly for Eastern time if you want to see everyone. I'm sure I'll be able to stay awake for pairs and for the RD, but the rest will depend on my ability to time shift. The idea of joining the ISU stream for singles at 6 am local time then rewinding during resurfacing and warmups is sounding better and better.

peibeck

Simply looking
Copying over from the 2023 Worlds subforum in Kiss & Cry: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/tv-streaming-coverage-for-2023-worlds.110568/

U.S. TV schedule for Worlds (preliminary; will post the link to NBC Sports' press release when published) - all times Eastern (Japan is now 13 hours ahead of ET):
Wednesday, Mar. 22ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2023: Women's Short6-8 a.m.USA Network
Thursday, Mar. 23ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2023: Men's Short6-8 a.m.USA Network
Thursday, Mar. 23ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2023: Pairs Free8-10 a.m.USA Network*
Friday, Mar. 24ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2023: Women's Free6:30-8:30 a.m.USA Network
Saturday, Mar. 25ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2023: Men's Free6:30-8:30 a.m.USA Network
Saturday, Mar. 25ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2023: Women's Free8-10 p.m.NBC*
Sunday, Apr. 9ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2023: Recap3-6 p.m.NBC*
*taped coverage

For Peacock Premium subscribers: https://www.peacocktv.com/watch/sports/sports-figure-skating
(ETA: Fingers crossed that there will be event replays available for at least 48 hours, like for Nationals, Euros & some of 4CC.)

It's bad enough Peacock has no replays, but the USA schedule is almost as awful, even if you are on the East Coast. It's still the middle of the night for people on Central/Mountain/Pacific time. :blah:

Evgeniafan

Well my TIVO picked up all USA and NBC (except too early for 4/9 NBC Recap), & Peacock picked up all of the skating & I have put it into the PeacockMyStuff folder, so better than nothing, but the Japan hours are horrible for east coast US.
I do not know if I can bear watching 4 middle of the night days. Eastern time is brutal.

Amy L

I don't trust Peacock for replays. Their "48 hour replays" either didn't exist at all or lasted for 12.

Can my laptop virtually travel to Brazil again or is the ISU channel not streaming this?

chantilly

The ISU channel posts the videos of the entire event after the live streaming, at least through the entire season this far.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The ISU channel posts the videos of the entire event after the live streaming, at least through the entire season this far.
Yes, but the ISU has been hit with at least two copyright infringements in the last few months regarding ISU Championship videos. So my advice for those all in a panic about not seeing it on Peacock or not being able to get it to their DVR is to find the recordings shortly after they are finished, download them to your hard drive (yes, this technology has been around for a long time now), and then make DVDs or cast the videos to your TV or whatever else.

A.H.Black

Times are better for those of us in the west. I plan to watch pairs and dance and then bad the singles and hope that Peacock keeps them up for delayed viewing. The morning broadcast on USA should pick up most of what I miss. Actually, I'm pretty pumped about pairs and dance this year.

Skate Talker

Yes, but the ISU has been hit with at least two copyright infringements in the last few months regarding ISU Championship videos. So my advice for those all in a panic about not seeing it on Peacock or not being able to get it to their DVR is to find the recordings shortly after they are finished, download them to your hard drive (yes, this technology has been around for a long time now), and then make DVDs or cast the videos to your TV or whatever else.
I had been doing just this, however I was only able to download one segment at the beginning of Euros. Since then all I get error messages when I try to download, even immediately after the live streaming. Some refuse to even start downloading while others frustratingly appear to be downloading for hours, (that's unfortunately how long all those videos take for me), then suddenly with mere moments to completion they just vanish.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I had been doing just this, however I was only able to download one segment at the beginning of Euros. Since then all I get error messages when I try to download, even immediately after the live streaming. Some refuse to even start downloading while others frustratingly appear to be downloading for hours, (that's unfortunately how long all those videos take for me), then suddenly with mere moments to completion they just vanish.
Have you been using a separate software to download the videos? I used a program called ClipGrab for a long time while I was having to make my own music video playlists for my job, but I noticed towards the end that some videos would freeze at 80% or so. I updated the program and then didn't have those problems anymore; but it's always possible that there are some newer copy-protection features in the videos that cause them to error out.

Skate Talker

Thanks for the reply Tony. I was using Any Video Converter, which worked well for years, though it was quite slow. In the last year or so, if the event was also streamed and archived on the CBC sports website, I could download it at least 4 times faster, but that doesn't work either. I am inclined to believe it is indeed newer copyright protection.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
There is another option, I use Internet Download Manager, I think you can try for free for a week, it almost downloads everything from youtube, cbc, etc...

Sometimes it's better if you wait like 15-30 minutes after the stream ended, then refresh the youtube stream for the i.e. Men Short Program and download with Internet Download Manager, it gives you the feature to download in several qualities options

Sylvia

TBD
NBC Sports' press release was published today (Gannon, Lipinski & Weir for the U.S. TV broadcasts of Worlds): https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/...ck-usa-network-beginning-today-tues-march-21/

2023 World Figure Skating Championships LIVE Coverage Schedule
All times Eastern, check local listings, subject to change.

DateDisciplineTime (ET)Platform
Tues., March 21Pairs’ Short10 p.m.-2 a.m.Peacock
Wed., March 22Women’s Short2:45-8 a.m.Peacock
Women’s Short6-8 a.m.Peacock, USA Network
Pairs’ Free10 p.m.-2 a.m.Peacock
Thurs., March 23Men’s Short2:45-8 a.m.Peacock
Men’s Short6-8 a.m.Peacock, USA Network
Pairs’ Free8-10 a.m.USA Network*
Rhythm Dance10 p.m.-3:15 a.m.Peacock
Fri., March 24Women’s Free4:15-8:30 a.m.Peacock
Women’s Free6:30-8:30 a.m.Peacock, USA Network
Free Dance11:30 p.m.-3 a.m.Peacock
Sat., March 25Men’s Free4:15-8:30 a.m.Peacock
Men’s Free6:30-8:30 a.m.Peacock, USA Network
Highlights8-10 p.m.NBC*
Sun., March 26Championship Gala2 a.m. ETPeacock
Sat., April 9Recap3-5 p.m.NBC
*Encore

peibeck

Simply looking
I did notice they are available. But I can't dawdle.

Exactly. Luckily I'm currently on work from home, so I was able to catch the first flight during my lunch hour, and the rest after work was over. Luckily you can forward the on-demand so I skipped the ice makes and warm-ups. That gave me a whole hour to eat dinner before the Pairs FS starts. 🙃 Almost like being there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information