NBCUniversal's 2022-23 Figure Skating Broadcast Schedule

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
The women at NHK are on NBC right now. I turned the broadcast on in the middle, so I don't know if there's been any dance, or if they might squeeze in the top 2 teams at the end. Here's hoping.

Sylvia

TBD
NBC started their NHK broadcast with Starr Andrews' clean SP and even showed Chock/Bates' entire FD! :)

Wyliefan

Getting a kick out of the NBC team's "Eezabeau" pronunciation. It's not an Italian name, guys, you don't have to try for an Italian accent. :lol:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Getting a kick out of the NBC team's "Eezabeau" pronunciation. It's not an Italian name, guys, you don't have to try for an Italian accent. :lol:
Isn't it Italian, though? Her mom is from Italy. (Side note here- I took French for many years and know Isabeau has a literal French translation).

ETA- looked it up and she's named after a character in Ladyhawke, which takes place in medieval Italy. But the character is from France so maybe it's how her mom may pronounce it?

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Right, the character's French, and the name itself is of French origin.

ice coverage

Isn't it Italian, though? Her mom is from Italy. (Side note here- I took French for many years and know Isabeau has a literal French translation).

ETA- looked it up and she's named after a character in Ladyhawke, which takes place in medieval Italy. But the character is from France so maybe it's how her mom may pronounce it?

Isabeau herself can be heard saying her own name in this 2020 video (at approx. 0:22).
I would transcribe Isabeau's own pronunciation as IZ-uh-boh.

And BTW, Ilia himself uses an Americanized pronunciation of his last name -- MAL-ih-nin -- at least when speaking in the U.S.
At U.S. Classic this year, I asked him to say his last name for me, and he said it exactly as he does in the World Ice Skating Day video below. (Sorry, he does not appear until the very end of the video, but I do not have links to better videos for pronunciation purposes at my fingertips.)

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Adam is really good! I wish he’d speak a bit less during the skates, but knowing that this would be on broadcast tv, he was likely instructed to identify elements for the casual fan. Great job!

Allskate

Are these Four Continents listings correct? They don't make a lot of sense to me and are not on my tv listings.

Aceon6

Are these Four Continents listings correct? They don't make a lot of sense to me and are not on my tv listings.
The ones on page one? Those are quite old. My program guide says the following. All times Eastern.
Friday 8:00 am Mens short USA
Friday 9:00 am Womens short USA
Saturday noon Womens free E!
Sunday 11:30 am Mens free E!
There’s no live broadcast tv for anything and no pairs or dance that I can find.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
The ones on page one? Those are quite old. My program guide says the following. All times Eastern.
There’s no live broadcast tv for anything and no pairs or dance that I can find.
Peacock streaming is live in the US.
ISU on YouTube for most markets & VPN holders.

Aceon6

And I mentioned the streaming. 😛
Understood, but people read the broadcast thread for a reason. Broadcast is an over the air or over the wire technology that does not require an internet connection.

Allskate

Thanks! My Peacock annual subscription expired last week. I've been undecided about whether to renew because skating is the only thing I watch with it and the replays are not consistently available. I might subscribe just for Worlds and then see if there is any clarification on replays going forward.

A.H.Black

Thanks! My Peacock annual subscription expired last week. I've been undecided about whether to renew because skating is the only thing I watch with it and the replays are not consistently available. I might subscribe just for Worlds and then see if there is any clarification on replays going forward.
A bunch of us were able to get it when they had a deal in the fall. I got it for $2.00 a month. My friend is paying $1.00 per month. You might want to check to see if any of those deals are still in place.

Allskate

A bunch of us were able to get it when they had a deal in the fall. I got it for $2.00 a month. My friend is paying $1.00 per month. You might want to check to see if any of those deals are still in place.

Those deals are not available. And they wouldn't even let me get in on the existing deal that was for $29.99 for the year. They said I wasn't eligible. (A number of streaming companies won't let you get in on deals if you recently were a subscriber.) So, I'll watch Four Continents on cable tv and decide what to do about Worlds next month. I might just pay for the month of Worlds (if they are allowing replays), cancel, and then see what I can get in the fall.

Aceon6

Those deals are not available. And they wouldn't even let me get in on the existing deal that was for $29.99 for the year. They said I wasn't eligible. (A number of streaming companies won't let you get in on deals if you recently were a subscriber.) So, I'll watch Four Continents on cable tv and decide what to do about Worlds next month. I might just pay for the month of Worlds (if they are allowing replays), cancel, and then see what I can get in the fall.
Peacock has very limited access to replays. As of this morning, only the womens is available.

Wyliefan

Watching the women's long on E! Johnny makes the valid point that it's totally backwards for the commentators to have more camera angles accessible to them than the judges have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information