Russian figure skating news & updates in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Zhulin: I didn't see their (NazNik) skate but I know.they do all they can not to be associated with Russia and Russian coaches. I wish them all the best. Of course they were brainwashed. I hope in the future the Russian and Ukrainian atheletes will be as friendly as they always have been.

Please pass me a bucket. Of course being bombed equals brainwashed...

MsZem

I see the sea
Israeli posters would obviously know more. But as I understand it, Israel’s position regarding taking sides is very influenced by the complicated and immediate Middle East security situation on their doorstep. So not so much any indication that Eteri would be welcomed with open arms. I have read that vast numbers of Ukraine refugees have entered the country.

At any rate I believe Israel has maybe two or three full sized rinks? The main elite training happens from Hackensack New Jersey and is run by Galit Chait and Boris Chait. Doubt Eteri could take over that.

And coaching in Israel itself? If they’d have her, it would be grass roots small Fed coaching. Would be far more lucrative to go the USA - more rinks, more skaters.
Israel has three full-sized rinks. Metula is in the north, right by the Lebanese border; it's the oldest, and not that well-maintained. Eilat has a mall rink, and it's at the southern tip of the country - very out of the way. Tnuvot is the newest, a bit beyond the northern suburbs of Tel Aviv.

There is no serious infrastructure for figure skating in Israel. I can't see this happening at all.

Ena Grins

Zhulin: I didn't see their (NazNik) skate but I know.they do all they can not to be associated with Russia and Russian coaches. I wish them all the best. Of course they were brainwashed. I hope in the future the Russian and Ukrainian atheletes will be as friendly as they always have been.

As friendly as they ALWAYS have been?

Tell me you don't know anything about basic history of neighboring countries without...etc.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Women SP:
  • Kamila without a triple axel today. But exquisite as usual. Are there any news about her doping stuff?
  • All the skaters so far have said how happy they are about skating in front of a full crowd. I guess, they are really happy about that, but I also have a feeling they are being made to repeat this all the time.
  • Petrosian should switch countries and represent Armenia. I want to see this little firecracker on the international stage.
  • Tuk has a new SP, she is wearing a very...uhm...special...black dress. She nails her triple axel. Shazam says the music is "Freedom" by Beyoncé feat. Kendrick Lamar. The Empress is on fire today, all clean and great presentation. This SP will bring the house down.
  • Samodelkina's right leg is taped. She went for the triple axel, but it was two-footed. She kinda looks like Lepistö.
  • Khromykh and her Beth Hart program...I hope it will be buried after this competition. I have seen it wayyy too many times. Galliamov and Semenenko are shown goofing around with their stuffed animals :lol:. Maiia was clean. Trankov: "Maiia, I have no questions, but may I have this dance to your music?" and they dance a bit :lol:
  • Anna delivered another clean SP, but nothing special. Eteri has her dog Michelle with her. Yags asks whether Michelle is some sort of a talisman, and Eteri says that it's a part of the coach.

Standings after the SP:
Team Red ("Red Machine"): 71
Team Blue ("Time of Firsts"): 72

The Jumping Competition was won by Team Red, although Mark Kondratiuk won the individual competition with his quad-quad combo.

Cherub721

YEAH!
The scoring is so confusing. Goes by way too fast. The red team was ahead the whole time and Anna was better than Maya and I think won the SP over Liza (I would have put Liza first) so I didn't get how all of a sudden the red team was second. Anna seemed confused too and abruptly stopped cheering when the team result came up. :lol:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
The four pair teams skated the best they have all season. Absolutly exquisite.

I love Anna and I was so pleased to see Maiia skate well. The Empress' new program is awesome. And, it was good to see Kamilla get back her confidence. And Adelia is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the future.

skatfan

Nothing like some gaslighting to go with the skating. Well done RSF. :rolleyes:

Carolla5501

Sure, she wants to be with Diana. As a mother I get that.

I dont want her near/coaching any

Yes after all, she’s always with the Daughter, this current separation is unusual.

And I see some if you could not handle it. You had to make sure that you show support of the Russian government no matter what. You had to watch a skating event even if you’re watching was validating the actions of their regime . Thanks so much for being great global citizens and giving Putin proof “average people don’t care what we do”.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Today's impressions:
- Ice Dancing was quite predictable. I, for one, am glad to never see S/K's FD again. Puppy and legs were their usual self.

- Gumennik landed a quad lutz, quad loop, quad sal-double toe, as far as quads are concerned.
Doubled another planned quad sal.
But dude keeps improving. Can we get him to skate for a different federation?
His coach is absolutely losing it in the team booth :lol:.
That was a great skate. Would've made top 5 at Worlds, I think. Can I say again how gorgeous his costume is?
It was definitely the right decision to swap him in for Samarin. Trankov: "Sasha Samarin got stuck in the Matrix, so he cannot skate today." :rofl: (yesterday he asked Samarin whether he chose the red or blue pill after he had a sub-par skate :lol:)

- Sex symbol is up next.
And has an epic splat on his opening quad loop.
Three-turns out of his quad salchow.
He is already so over this :lol:.
Nice quad toe-triple toe.
Fallout of another quad toe.
Ignatov is so tall, srsly...maybe he should switch to pairs and to a different federation.
Popped an axel and a flip, I think :gallopin1 .
Well, this performance is not going to help his team. I don't mind, since T/M and S/K are on that team and I don't want them to win.
Yags is talking some bs and Makar just doesn't care, gets dressed etc. Wow, Yags didn't call him "sex symbol" this time :eek:.

- Weed Jesus is up next.
Has he dyed his shirt a bit darker? I don't remember it being so "dirty". He also added something like a "belt" to his costume.
He lands another quad lutz. I think he restored it at practice in Beijing after the Olympics were over.
Great quad toe.
Today, the kamikaze-like triple axel worked out just nicely.
Both of them, the second one was with a double toe.
Quad sal, well done. Another quad sal, this time with a double toe.
He just keeps getting better. Sheesh, this skate would've won a medal at Worlds. **** you, Putin!
And he trips on his footwork and sliiiiiiides :rofl:.
And now the best choreo sequence EVER. The crowd is going crazy :rofl: Mark is absolutely having the time of his life out there :kickass:.
:lol: when he put on his jacket, he accidentally hit Medvedeva in the face with a sleeve and didn't even notice.
Medvedeva asks him about the random fall during the step sequence. Mark: "Last year, at this competition, Dima Aliev did something similar and I just wanted to support my friend."
195 points :rofl:

Ads now.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
- Mozalev now.
Quad sal, quad toe-triple toe, clean as a whistle, triple loop, triple axel-double toe.
I love this program for him, very beautiful choreo sequence.
Another quad toe, triple axel with three-turns out of it, triple lutz-euler-triple salchow.
Why are these guys skating their best programs at this competition and not at the Olympics?!
If Putin hadn't invaded Ukraine, we'd have a great battle between Mozalev, Malinin and Kagiyama in the future.
Yagudin wants to squeeze Mozalev's "manly hand". Now Mozalev has to carry Yags to the team booth...Yags...please stop being so cringeworthy!
190,80 pts.

- Semenenko
I hope he brings back the costume change at least today.
Goes for a quad loop, but doubles.
Quad sal-triple toe with a classic Semenenko-landing, quad toe, another classic Semenenko-landing, triple axel-euler-triple salchow.
No costume change :wuzrobbed .
Doubles a planned quad salchow :wall:, triple axel-double toe.
I love love love this music, but this Voland was not convincing today.
Trankov is very supportive and nice.
Semenenko says he skated for his coach Tatiana Mishina today because she is back home in St. Petersburg with an illness.
177 pts.

- Kolyada's last "White Crow" :wuzrobbed
I hope he enjoys his skate and does well.
I'm not crying, you're crying!
He is sublime :swoon:.
Apart from a singled axel which he did with an euler and triple salchow, this was flawless and absolutely gorgeous. Everything he does is pure quality.
Truly a program for the ages.
:rofl: Yags: "Misha, you are not the most talkative person, so just one question: How are you?"
Kolyada didn't answer :lol:.
Yags: "Okay, thank you for the answer!"
Could it be that Misha dislikes Yags? xD
Now Zagitova is trying her luck and asks him questions like: "What did you think about during your skate?" "Nothing."
Dude's hilarious.
200,11 pts.

Team Blue: 103
Team Red: 104

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I'm just going to ignore everything Zhulin says while this is all happening. His first born is the stepdaughter of Putin's close advisor, so I would imagine he is on red alert and thinking of her safety, and Navka's.

Yeah, no. If he was on alert about their safety and felt anything but how he does then he'd keep his damn mouth shut. Zhulin really is that bigoted and horrible.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Pairs now.

- T/M can suck it. I hope this is their last performance, I don't want to ever see them again. Oh yes, and I hope M/G and even B/K beat them today. I think they got around 160 pts.

- M/G are up next.
I might be in the minority here, but I adore their Sviridov FS.
Best triple sal-triple sal-sequence they've ever done. Totally in synch and even hers looked great.
Everything is so clean and pure quality :swoon:, they are everything I love about pairs skating.
Another clean program from them, their consistency is amazing.
Kondratiuk is losing it in the team booth :rofl:.
Trankov: "How was your 159th clean skate?"
I will destroy something if they get less points than Putin's puppies T/M. 161,53 pts, they are leading :respec:

Ads now.

Lana K

In mourning for Kaori's 2022-2023 season hair
Does anyone happen to have the links for watching the comp from today? :saint:

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
And we're back with B/K.
Clean triple sal-triple sal-sequence :eek:.
I used to like them more in the past, but today I am rooting for them to beat T/M :lol:.
And another clean program :respec:.
Russian pairs are a marvel. I think international pairs skating is suffering the most from the (rightful) ban of Russia, even more than women's skating.
Yags to Moskvina: "What is your secret that all of your programs are so complete and full of drama and innovation?"
Moskvina: "I just have pupils I love very much and the crowd that supports us."
162 pts, they are leading! :eek:

P/Kh and their amazing Black Swan are next.
Can they please also beat T/M?
Triple toe-triple toe-double toe :eek:.
She two-foots the triple salchow :wall:.
Their time will come when we finally get rid of T/M.
This is such a well-constructed program. They hit all the beats with their tricks, amazing. I vastly prefer this to T/M's boredom. (Yes, I am not T/M's biggest fan. Never have been.)
I think they will be FORTH.
They are wishing their coach Sergei Dobroskokov a happy birthday, awwwww :) .
145,00 pts.

Standings after Pairs:
Team Red: 122
Team Blue: 119

Ka3sha

Vaitsekhovskaya did a great interview with Boikova/Kozlovskii, and it looks like these two have grown up and changed their perspective to work and skating due to their 4th place at the Olympics.
(It could be geo-blocked since Vaitsekhovskaya works for Russia Today)

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Some impressions from the Channel 1 Cup which I miraculously can watch even without a VPN:

Mark Kondratiuk did a great quad lutz Rippon-style :eek: The progress this dude has made over the season is mind-blowing. Step-out of triple axel (yes, he threw himself kamikaze-style into the jump again :lol:), quad sal-double toe. He apparently won the individual jumping contest yesterday by doing a quad-quad-combination.
I really enjoy Mark's skating. He gives it everything, performance-wise, and was cheering like crazy for his fellow athletes in the K & S, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information