Can't Help Falling In Love ... with Hubbell & Donohue (fan thread #2)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
It isn’t though. It’s one component of their entirety legal dance lift.
Risky for sure. But I find it very unique, challenging and interesting and it’s new.
At least in the past ice dance didn't allow overhead lifts. They must have changed the rules.I don't follow ice dance as closely as other disciplines. I just watch it.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
That's ironic, considering that they and everyone else have been making a huge deal of it all season. :)
I am not perfect. I don't remember everything.

OK I am done with this thread. I was actually rooting for H/D to medal. I don't want to be called a Troll by their fans. Goodbye.

Sylvia

TBD
To lighten the tone in here in a bit (I hope), scroll to the bottom of this all-important NY Post article for "Dashing Donohue" :lol: (I'm indignant Madi Hubbell didn't get her own photo & blurb! :angryfire):

(Off to post this link in the Chock/Bates thread as well. :))

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
To lighten the tone in here in a bit (I hope), scroll to the bottom of this all-important NY Post article for "Dashing Donohue" :lol: (I'm indignant Madi Hubbell didn't get her own photo & blurb! :angryfire):

(Off to post this link in the Chock/Bates thread as well. :))
What? Not Nathan's thread also? LOL!

I agree, though, I was a bit perturbed that Madi was excluded.

chantilly

I am not perfect. I don't remember everything.

OK I am done with this thread. I was actually rooting for H/D to medal. I don't want to be called a Troll by their fans. Goodbye.
Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

Sylvia

TBD
OK, sorry for the OT but I would like to say that @Vash01 doesn't deserve to be called a "troll" just because she doesn't remember H&D's controversial FD lift from Skate America and didn't read any of the debates on FSU regarding THAT lift.

Anyone can come into a fan thread -- even if they don't happen to be an "uberfan" -- and I hope this thread can remain a positive place for all H&D fans and/or those who like their skating (ETA) OR even just enjoyed a particular program/performance.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
OK, sorry for the OT but I would like to say that @Vash01 doesn't deserve to be called a "troll" just because she doesn't remember H&D's controversial FD lift from Skate America and didn't read any of the debates on FSU regarding THAT lift.

Anyone can come into a fan thread -- even if they don't happen to be an "uberfan" -- and I hope this thread can remain a positive place for all H&D fans and/or those who like their skating (ETA) OR even just enjoyed a particular program/performance.
Thank you Sylvia.

I had not followed any of the debates about that lift. I didn't even know there was a controversy about it. I looked at the static picture that was posted and voiced my impression Of it. I would have done it for any skater. A still photo does not show the movement In the lift.

Sitting in the arena, things happen fast. Even if I did forget what I saw in the arena, I did not deserve to be called a troll. I have been on fsu for something like 20 years. I cannot always please everyone. Nobody can. It will be good if members think twice before calling someone names.

I am particularly sensitive to fan threads. I don't go to fan threads of skaters that I don't like. The fact that I came here is because I like H/D. I feel discouraged by my experience here, but thank you Sylvia.

OT done. Now you can all go back to your conversation.

Last edited:

Bigbird

lauravvv

Now that is called support.

They both get to skate in the team event the program they had issues with at Nationals before the individual event. Good on them.
I wouldn't say that Chock/Bates had issues on their FD at Nationals. They got level 4 on all their elements (and by all I mean absolutely all, except those that are not supposed to get a level). They were just scored lower than Madison and Zachary.

Bigbird

I wouldn't say that Chock/Bates had issues on their FD at Nationals. They got level 4 on all their elements (and by all I mean absolutely all, except those that are not supposed to get a level). They were just scored lower than Madison and Zachary.
Yes. But it wasn't squeaky clean they had a challenge with a final choreographic lift and Evan looked busted. So I think objectively they want to have an inproved outing. They seem pretty confident with their RD but have had more issues with the FD. I think it's smart it's like having a trial run. Not bad I would say.

Fadeevfanboy

I think that is why they are giving those teams the programs they did come to think of it. The USFSA want both to improve their skates in those programs from this season so far, since both will need to be in peak form in the individual to have any shot of a medal. Hubbell & Donohue to improve their SD from their last outings and Nationals especialy. Giving each a chance to do that before the individual which this presents both is a great idea. And it probably won't make a real difference in the placings either way.

bcash

I think that is why they are giving those teams the programs they did come to think of it. The USFSA want both to improve their skates in those programs from this season so far, since both will need to be in peak form in the individual to have any shot of a medal. Hubbell & Donohue to improve their SD from their last outings and Nationals especialy. Giving each a chance to do that before the individual which this presents both is a great idea. And it probably won't make a real difference in the placings either way.
Yes I also thought this could be the thinking behind this decision.

Allskate

I think that is why they are giving those teams the programs they did come to think of it. The USFSA want both to improve their skates in those programs from this season so far, since both will need to be in peak form in the individual to have any shot of a medal.
I don't know if that was their reasoning, but it sure worked with H & D. Their RD was a definite improvement today. Fabulously nasty!

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
I’m so proud of Madi and Zach. I was thinking about the struggles of the early years to make it out of nationals, when people said they’d never stand on a world podium, win a national title, or make an Olympic team. And, also, how far they’ve come from this, that could have been career-ending: https://www.instagram.com/p/lMvTJfBdig/?utm_medium=copy_link

Tonight though, they won an Olympic event segment, defeating the reigning world champions in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information