Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Amy L

Finally finished catching up with the Euroes. I decided to totally spoil myself for pairs this year, it's better for my blood pressure this way. I'm so proud of Zhenya for not losing her nerve on the jumps, that salchow was a mess, but she got it back together for the rest of the program. I'm glad that the judges didn't make them the solid third place Russian pair coming out of Nationals. M&G are practically impossible to beat but at least T/M get huge scores if they don't trainwreck.

Not a fan of the new LP costumes. I didn't like the darkness of the original gray ones, but the new ones have a sort of shiny boob thing and it's kind of distracting. The gray/pink color scheme looks very Scherbakova to me, I guess their costumes have been totally Eterified at this point.

Last edited:

RoseRed

Finally finished catching up with the Euroes. I decided to totally spoil myself for pairs this year, it's better for my blood pressure this way. I'm so proud of Zhenya for not losing her nerve on the jumps, that salchow was a mess, but she got it back together for the rest of the program. I'm glad that the judges didn't make them the solid third place Russian pair coming out of Nationals. M&G are practically impossible to beat but at least T/M get huge scores if they don't trainwreck.

Not a fan of the new LP costumes. I didn't like the darkness of the original gray ones, but the new ones have a sort of shiny boob thing and it's kind of distracting. The gray/pink color scheme looks very Scherbakova to me, I guess their costumes have been totally Eterified at this point.
Evgenia's dress actually felt super Evgenia Medvedeva to me (so definitely Eterified). It's very reminiscent of her FS dress from 2016-17 (photo).

Dress aside, a really solid competition for T/M.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Someone's art work. It is really good.

more art work

Bolero

This inspires me to try one. I had done a couple of drawings of B/S Many years ago.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Interview with Trankov, after the silver medal at the Europeans. It is very encouraging. He calls it 'silver with a golden tide'- according to the translation. May be he means golden line?
I particularly liked the last paragraph.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
On Chrome, it translates as silver with a golden tint. He also called them the last classic pair of the Soviet Era :) I hope not, but it's a great compliment.
Golden tint makes more sense than golden tide. Anyway, it is a silver medal and they can be proud of it.

I think it has become more and more difficult to see classic Russian pairs because of the way the sport of pair skating has changed, and not just recently. I think the IJS scoring is a big part of it.

Fadeevfanboy

That will depend on how their fed decides to approach the TE. If they split the pairs, T/M should get a nod for the SP.

My guess is if M&G prefer to do the long T&M definitely do the short over B&K, but if M&G prefer to do the short, I could see B&K still getting to do the long over T&M since they have maybe been a bit more consistent in the LP overall. I am hoping for T&M either way though. M&G still might want to do both programs and Russian fed might ok it since pairs is no longer first. Will be interesting.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
I feel like with the Russian team, it’s not going to be down to personal choice, but how the fed thinks the best way to win is.

Spun Silver

It's not the worst thing if TM don't make the team event. It can be very hard to peak twice in a short time. Just ask Mirai Nagasu. I do want them to do the team event but there's an upside if they don't.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
It's not the worst thing if TM don't make the team event. It can be very hard to peak twice in a short time. Just ask Mirai Nagasu. I do want them to do the team event but there's an upside if they don't.

Their last skate on Olympic ice was thar fs that broke them mentally. I’d like them to be able to skate the short in the team event and hopefully have a skate that slays the old mental demons.

Fadeevfanboy

The team event is a probable gold medal though. That is the big upside. They have a shot at gold in the individual but obviously aren't favored. Would love to see them get an Olympic Gold, even if in the Team Event.

Spun Silver

The team event is a probable gold medal though. That is the big upside. They have a shot at gold in the individual but obviously aren't favored. Would love to see them get an Olympic Gold, even if in the Team Event.
Yes, and there's also the outpouring of national pride to consider, not to mention the white Mercedes. ;) You're right, it's best if they can get a team gold! I'd just really like them to be at their best in the individual event. I guess we just wait and see. I wonder when the team composition will be announced.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I would love to see them skate the SP in the TE but if they don't, it is OK. I just hope they skate great when they get the chance.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Although their costumes are less important to me than their performance, I have an opinion after watching their LP a few more times.

I feel that the lighter colors in their new costumes create an ethereal feeling. I had liked their darker costumes too, but the small changes -pale pink on her skirt and lighter shade of Gray plus slight pink on both of them - work really well. It also matches the theme lighthouse.

Fadeevfanboy

Although their costumes are less important to me than their performance, I have an opinion after watching their LP a few more times.

I feel that the lighter colors in their new costumes create an ethereal feeling. I had liked their darker costumes too, but the small changes -pale pink on her skirt and lighter shade of Gray plus slight pink on both of them - work really well. It also matches the theme lighthouse.
I love how invested they are in their programs and themes this season. Right down to the costumes. So beautiful to watch.

And even with that getting their technical consistency back quite a bit this season.

Fadeevfanboy

Reposting their LP from the Europeans, with British commentator.

I love watching the British commentary as they always appreciate their skating, unlike sometimes some of the comments here (not so much this thread but many others).

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

I have started liking that pink-gray dress. it looks so pretty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information