2022 Olympic Season Music Ideas/Suggestions

museksk8r

Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy
What music would you suggest skaters/teams skate to in the upcoming Olympic season?

I would love to see a pairs or dance team skate to the “Crimson Peak” soundtrack by Fernando Velázquez, like Mishina & Galliamov or Gilles & Poirier (though I know Paul stated in the Worlds press conference that their music is already selected).

alj5

I've always loved the soundtracks from The English Patient and Sarah's Key and don't recall them used often.

I also love the soundtrack of Westworld by Ramin Djawadi, in particular some of his covers of popular music (paint it black has been used, but there's so much more).

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
I guess it’s time for my yearly plea to the universe for H/D to skate to Masquerade Waltz. A gorgeous piece for a team with long, sweeping limbs and lots of power.

Marina has a history of repeating music over time. I’d love to see her give Mahler to T/M for their fs next season. Their skating has the speed and lightness it calls for.

mjb52

I'd like to see some Schuberts (I know I don't really need to pluralize this), esp. the pieces from the silent movie version of Phantom of the Opera. Mulholland Drive has a great soundtrack that I don't know whether anyone has ever used. Lynch movie soundtracks in general are pretty cool. Oh, someone brought up Thomas Tallis on another thread (sorry, can't remember who), would love to see some skaters use his work.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I can say what I DON'T want to hear:

• Feeling Good
  • POTO
  • Blues for Klook
  • Moulin Rouge/Roxanne
  • shitty emo covers of great songs
Well, the only one on this list that might come true is "Blues for Klook" - I'm sure we will hear each and every single one of the others at least once. I predict the Belarussian pairs team, who apparently have a fondness for movie soundtracks, are the go-to bet for POTO and Moulin Rouge. :rofl:

I was surfing around on Amazon music and came across the soundtrack for "The Legend of 1900" by Ennio Morricone and I think there are some really interesting pieces from it that would be great for skating.

Last edited:

eusebius

I am just catching up on the men's free from Worlds. And I love Jason Brown, but Slaughter on 10th Avenue has to go. My choice for him in the Olympic Season would be Appalachian Spring, which is surprisingly underused in skating - I had to go back to Boitano in 1994/5 to find one. I wonder who the best choreographer for this would be. Rohene? Maybe Jeff Buttle? Jason would Martha Graham this up to the hilt.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I watched Kostornaia skate to Fifty shades of grey and liked the music. A pair could skate to the music. It is powerful.

Skyfall is one of my favorites, again for a pair and may be ice dance.

mjb52

I see some skaters have used Chopin's Preludes but not sure if anyone has done my favorite, the Raindrop one (#15 I think).

Orm Irian

I've nominated the Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell soundtrack before and I will keep doing it until a skater I like pays attention. :) Also, Friend/Badaoui or even Kerry/Dodds should skate to the Come in Spinner soundtrack for a Swing RD.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Happy Valley by Vanessa Mae could be good music for M&G. It was used by B&S for their 99 SP. M&G dont have the speed of B&S but Mishina's personality could suit it. With the Olympics in China, this could be a good choice.

Last edited:

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I still want anyone to skate to the soundtracks of my favorite rides at my favorite amusement park.

suki

I say this every year, but I want someone to do their FP/FD to Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End by The Beatles. (it's hard to find the original audio recording on youtube, so here's Paul with his band)
I also want someone to skate to the ELO version of Roll Over Beethoven.

Apparently I just want people to skate to British classic rock bands.
This is one of my favorite songs by The Beatles. So many changes of rhythms and timing make it perfect for ice dancing. The American ice dance team Kimberly Navarro/Brett Bommentre skated to it in 2006 season, but no other ice dance team or skater has used it since. I would love to see some team use this as an Olympic free dance.

mjb52

I'm guessing S/K intend to skate to classical next season (although hey who knows!) but I could see them doing a good program to The Beatles at some point.

Marco

I am all for creativity but would love for Jason Brown to keep Sinnerman for next season too.

I want Anna Sh to skate to some real delicate classical music like Schubert, and without weird sound effects or breathing noises, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information