From Russia With Love [#39]: Into Winter 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanca

Values her privacy
Beluga caviar.
I see. So how to have caviar and not having to cause yourself pain in intimate organs? I guess caviar would cause me enough pain (I hate taste and smell of fish!!!), so even if I was a masochist, one pain would be quite enough.

Bigbird

Almost finished with it. Yep, this interview is SOMETHING.
Haha..maybe looking to the future, needs more third stream income? Maybe A/D don't look so promising? Shakes my head in laughter...Ah Zhulin, the more things change the more they remain the same.

Tinami Amori

How can she be the next one up when she basically didnt skate all season?

Now if Ksenia goes to the Russian cup file and finishes in the top 3 or 4 there then she's in play.
But there are too many other skaters who skated all season including task aides who would be under consideration before Ksenia.
However the 3rd skater is for worlds is not going to you go and finish 18th like Stasya did 3 years ago almost costing Russia 3 spots.
Re first sentance. She (Ksenya) may not have skated all season, but if she is clean, lands 4T (which she did at warm up/practice at the last competition) and wins the Russian Cup Finals, she maybe a candidate for worlds. The Federation would want to send the strongest, not the one who skated "longer during the season".

I would think that if Kostornaya finishes 3rd or 4th, and Tuk/Sin finish above her, they will be a more likely choices.

We're just guessing, "what ifs"....... :).

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I just finished Trankov's interview with the same interviewer as Zhulin's, but Trankov's is a bit older (from November 2020).

Since this thread has been quite a shitshow here, so that I stopped following it at some point, has Trankov's interview ever been translated? :lol:
It's really good.

Scott512

Re first sentance. She (Ksenya) may not have skated all season, but if she is clean, lands 4T (which she did at warm up/practice at the last competition) and wins the Russian Cup Finals, she maybe a candidate for worlds. The Federation would want to send the strongest, not the one who skated "longer during the season".

I would think that if Kostornaya finishes 3rd or 4th, and Tuk/Sin finish above her, they will be a more likely choices.

We're just guessing, "what ifs"....... :).
Exactly.

The battle for the final spot for the Olympic team will be insane.

Cherub721

YEAH!
I just finished Trankov's interview with the same interviewer as Zhulin's, but Trankov's is a bit older (from November 2020).

Since this thread has been quite a shitshow here, so that I stopped following it at some point, has Trankov's interview ever been translated? :lol:
It's really good.

No, would love to read a translation/highlights!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Sooooo ANL had a night free and I went to the youtubes to watch the “Kilted Coaches” channel (I LOVEEEEEE THEM) but I came across the 1997 women’s short programs from Lausanne, Switzerland. Irina Slutskaya was last to go and I adore that short program but after 25 years I’ve never been able to find the music. On screen it says she’s skating to “Phantom on ice.” I’ve never been able to find this on iTunes or anywhere. Is this not really what it’s called?

Side note: To see Dick button and terry Gannon wearing tuxedos and what everyone was wearing seems like it was 100 years ago. I quite miss the charm and sophistication of those days!!!!! I bet @Brenda_Bottems does too

Side note (more of a rant, LOL): Why is Lucinda ALWAYS robbed and in Switzerland of all places

Side note: Krisztina of Hungary is like pre-Julia! Those jumps!

Last edited:

Ka3sha

It's really good.
Did you read it or watch it?
As far as I remember text versions are a bit shorter and more refined :lol:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
! If anyone can tell me the name of Irina music as well would be much appreciated
You mean composer Roberto Danova’s album (CD) from the mid-1990s? If it was an actual ice show, I don’t recall...in Europe? But there was a famous music CD. Maybe just a concept or maybe an actual show.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

You mean composer Roberto Danova’s album from the mid-1990s?

Interesting. Never heard of this. Stylistically this could be it ....although I sampled almost all of the tracks and none of them to seem to be what she skated to

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

You mean composer Roberto Danova’s album (CD) from the mid-1990s? If it was an actual ice show, I don’t recall...in Europe? But there was a famous music CD. Maybe just a concept or maybe an actual show.

Oops hold the phone! I believe it’s tracks 11 and 32, “il bel canto”

You did it, girl!

Ka3sha

Choreographer Aleksandr Stepin passed away this morning

He worked in Moskvina's school last few years, before that he worked with the Velikovs (choreographed for Petrova/Tikhonov and Stolbova/Klimov), Pluschenko, Yagudin and others.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Choreographer Aleksandr Stepin passed away this morning

He worked in Moskvina's school last few years, before that he worked with the Velikovs (choreographed for Petrova/Tikhonov and Stolbova/Klimov), Pluschenko, Yagudin and others.
Oh, so sorry. He was a great coach of character dancing at the Vaganova...father of current Mariinsky Ballet first soloist Phillip Stepin. May he RIP.

Tinami Amori

Stepanova/Bukin do not plan to participate in the Russian Cup Finals. (not an injury or sickness. the team is already guaranteed a place on the World Team after their win @ the Russian Nationals.)

Samarin also will not skate in the RCF. Not an injury, just taking time to recover and regain his athletic form.

Tarasova/Morozov also will not participate in the Russian Cup Finals.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Some fun from Moris Kvitelashvili, practice @ Khrystalniy rink.
Perfecting 4T.

Inventing a new move "helicopter".

Tinami Amori

Team doctor (in figure skating), Philip Schvedskiy, receives presidential Gratitude Letter for his contribution to the rescue of patients with C19 infection, as well as contribution to premier scientific developments in the treatment of patients in this category.

hanca

Values her privacy
The rumour on the Russian forum says that Balabanova/Sviatchenko have split up. To be fair, if it is true, it is probably the right decision. She was quite tall for him. Even though they were doing reasonably well, their long term prospects were quite limited. Someone mentioned that he has been seen skating with Labazina, which is weird because a month or two ago someone else saw her skating with Windsor. Was it just a tryout? And is this just a try out?

Yalin is looking for a partner on Russian ice partner search. So the partnership with Vislobokova didn’t last very long, it was a long shot. She was too tall for him and struggling with jumps.

Ka3sha

Last edited:

Ka3sha

Lina Fedorova did an interview with Tatiana Tarasova, who celebrates her birthday today

mjb52

Lina Fedorova did an interview with Tatiana Tarasova, who celebrates her birthday today

Can someone PLEASE translate the highlights, I just saw a quote and it looks amazing!

eta: I feel like the all-caps looks imperative but it is really that I am imploring and beseeching! :)

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Sofia Samodurova has videos and pics in her stories of herself and Mishin and a small boy (I can't tell who) getting all gussied up. Anyone know what the occasion is? It's too early for Mishin's birthday gala, isn't it?

ETA: This account has pictures as well, with Liza and Anastasia added. The girls look stunning in their gowns.

Last edited:

mjb52

Wow, they look incredible. The tiktok video of Samodurova with the little girl (sister?) and the Russian rap song is also adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information