Skate Canada Challenge (virtual), Jan. 8-10 & 15-17, 2021

Skate Talker

I'd really like to see this program again with more miles on it.
Me too. Of all the disciplines dance is the one where the programs improve the most over the course of the season. But if any of these skaters change their programs for next year at least we will have gotten to see them.

Skate Talker

Okay - lets try this for the last start list of the competition

FREE DANCE Start Order

1 Elysia-Marie Campbell / Liam Fawcett QC 59.48 (8)
2 Jessica-Lee Behiel / Jackson Behiel AB/NT/NU 59.74 (7)
3 Molly Lanaghan / Dmitre Razgulajevs ON 71.09 (6)
4 Haley Sales / Nikolas Wamsteeker BC/YK 72.61 (5)

5 Alicia Fabbri / Paul Ayer QC 75.00 (4)
6 Marjorie Lajoie / Zachary Lagha QC [NT] 81.58 (3)
7 Laurence Fournier Beaudry / Nikolaj Sorensen QC [NT] 86.55 (2)
8 Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier ON [NT] 87.96 (1)

(OMG ha ha - put it in as results by mistake)

Skate Talker

Bruce Waddell & Natalie D Alessandro being interviewed now.

Bruce explaining how singles skating helps his ice dancing.

Natalie says they plan to keep this free dance for next year.

Skate Talker

Jessica-Lee Behiel / Jackson Behiel - aww too bad - not as steady a skate as the RD. Still I appreciate how they enjoy the skate and a few of their elements are really precise.

Skate Talker

Molly Lanaghan / Dmitre Razgulajevs - perpetual motion - lovely ebb & flow.

just a bit of a rough last few seconds

Colonel Green

It’s a shame that these two couldn’t have done another junior season after 2018/19, because they’re kind of stuck in no man’s land waiting the rest of the quad before the old guard retires.

Colonel Green

Now that’s a high-energy program all the way through. Probably would/will benefit from more mileage and a more regular season to train it.

Amy L

I've never seen Rio, but I remember that it had something to do with a parrot. I guess that's why Zachary pecked at her, but really?? :lol: :lol:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Heck of a lift! But I apologize to L/L's music. This music is exponentially worse. Complete with slam poetry.

mackiecat

I've never seen Rio, but I remember that it had something to do with a parrot. I guess that's why Zachary pecked at her, but really?? :lol: :lol:
. It tells the story of Blu a domesticated male Spix's macaw who is taken to Rio de Janeiro to mate with a free-spirited female Spix's macaw, Jewel The two eventually fall in love, and together they have to escape from being smuggled by Nigel, a cockatoo.

Skate Talker

Laurence Fournier Beaudry / Nikolaj Sorensen - so interesting to watch - a bit messy at the end. More time and it's a keeper.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
This FB/S FD is quite different from what I've expected. Listening to the song before I thought they'd use the flamenco-y part for most of the program...

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Heck of a lift! But I apologize to L/L's music. This music is exponentially worse. Complete with slam poetry.
It is our responsibility to dance! The mystical force commands it! :lol:

The voiceovers were definitely a bit WTF, but I loved all the lifts. (Well, except for the last one...that was an oops.)

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Shoot, I'm getting called away before Piper and Paul skate. Someone please let me know where I can watch it later.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Beautiful skate for G/P. Just one small balance check for her on the one-foot sequence, that's the only thing I saw wrong in the entire program. And this always manages to be a fast 4 minutes, so fast and flowing. Wonderful choreography.

Colonel Green

Shoot, I'm getting called away before Piper and Paul skate. Someone please let me know where I can watch it later.
It’ll be archived on Dailymotion.

I’m also going to upload it to YouTube eventually, but that probably won’t be until tomorrow since downloads take a while and sadly I have to work tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information