From Russia With Love [#39]: Into Winter 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
Tarasova/Morozov article by @Eislauffan:
Olga Ermolina's interview with Tarasova/Morozov on the Russian federation website:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Do we know the dates of Rusfed's upcoming events yet? (I need to pick my days off for the next few weeks. :D)
Right? I have some PTO that I need to use before March 15 and I might as well take it off to watch some of those events since there isn't any other need for me to take PTO between now and then.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Do we know the dates of Rusfed's upcoming events yet? (I need to pick my days off for the next few weeks. :D)
Kinda:
1-5/2 Junior nationals
February: team Russia team competition
February-March: the Russian cup final
March: an international juniors event
22-28/3 Worlds
14-18/4 team event

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Think I read somewhere Samsonov had to stop practicing (as in retired), he might be back on the ice once his injury is mended (did not sound likely)

Tinami Amori

For the planned Russian Team Tournament the organizers plan to include the following:
Ladies: Shcherbakova, Valieva, Usacheva, Trusova, Kostornaya, Tuktamysheva.
Men: Kolyada, Ignatov, Kondratouk, Samarin, Aliev, Mozalev.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
For the planned Russian Team Tournament the organizers plan to include the following:

But why Shcherbakova and Kolyada? As Russian Nationals Champions their place on the team is safe, so why bother them with another competition during these difficult times?

Tinami Amori

But why Shcherbakova and Kolyada? As Russian Nationals Champions their place on the team is safe, so why bother them with another competition during these difficult times?
This is will be Russia Open event, a team against team, like Japan Open this year, or Tara vs Johnny, and not a "selection for the World Team" competition.

Last edited:

mjb52

Seems like, from reading a ton of interviews with Russian coaches and skaters, it is important for them to have things to train for, both physically and emotionally? I don't think they necessarily look at it as a bother, but I guess we'll see what happens. I would think if they truly preferred not to skate, they would be able to withdraw? I could see skaters feeling pressured to compete in some of the other stuff (not saying they were, just that I could see it as a theoretical possibility), but it's harder for me to imagine it happening with this.

Tinami Amori

Seems like, from reading a ton of interviews with Russian coaches and skaters, it is important for them to have things to train for, both physically and emotionally? I don't think they necessarily look at it as a bother, but I guess we'll see what happens. I would think if they truly preferred not to skate, they would be able to withdraw? I could see skaters feeling pressured to compete in some of the other stuff (not saying they were, just that I could see it as a theoretical possibility), but it's harder for me to imagine it happening with this.
This year, all or most of the top Russian skaters want to compete as much as possible, especially if the event pays prize money.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Not only is the prize money enticing but the skaters have a lot of fun at these types of Team Competition events.
yeah, but "Team Competition" doesn't exactly say "social distancing" etc...but, oh well...it's Russia, so 'rona rules are very "basic" anyway.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more performances of those great skaters, but Rostelecom Cup and Nationals (Mishins?) were not exactly 'rona-friendly and see where it got them.

zebraswan

Most of them may have antibodies by now, and according to news reports, they are trying to greatly ramp up vaccinations in Russia. At this point there is no putting the toothpaste back in the tube. And I'm sure nobody is being forced to do a competition like this against their will.

hanca

Values her privacy
Most of them may have antibodies by now, and according to news reports, they are trying to greatly ramp up vaccinations in Russia. At this point there is no putting the toothpaste back in the tube. And I'm sure nobody is being forced to do a competition like this against their will.
Do they? Are you sure about that? There was a case here where a man had the virus, (positive test) recovered, had test for antibodies, good level of antibodies...then six months later had another test for antibodies and no antibodies any more. So if the antibodies last only less than six months, those skaters who had it March/April/May/June/July (and maybe even August) can probably catch it again.

Alli84

From Google Translate:
The team tournament is to be held at the Megasport Sports Palace in Moscow; the first competitive skates are expected on February 6.

Also if it hasn't changed, the Russian Cup Finals are from Feb 23 to Feb 27.

Cherub721

YEAH!
Can we assume at this point that the team competition is the one being held in lieu of Europeans even if it's not the exact dates?

RoseRed

Do they? Are you sure about that? There was a case here where a man had the *****, (positive test) recovered, had test for antibodies, good level of antibodies...then six months later had another test for antibodies and no antibodies any more. So if the antibodies last only less than six months, those skaters who had it March/April/May/June/July (and maybe even August) can probably catch it again.
Having antibody levels go way down is normal, from what I've heard, and does not mean that the immunity is gone.

hanca

Values her privacy
Can you guys take the cv talk elsewhere
It is not that much off topic. If some suggest that Russian skaters can have their competitions now because the majority of the team has already had the cv and therefore have antibodies, I don’t think it is a huge thread drift to point out that they still may get ill because people have been getting it second time.

mjb52

That would be better suited to being debated in its appropriate place so we don't have to turn this into cv forum 2: the debate over antibodies and reinfection with a bunch of off-topic posts and links.

Scott512

If they are not into this team event they should withdraw and I mean Anna and Kolyada.

if this was like a virtual team of that against other countries I would be into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information