From Russia With Love [#37]: Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eislauffan

Stanislava may continue (if the discussion on Russian forum is true), but Ivanov isn’t a particularly great skater. Last season he didn’t compete (with his previous partner) at the Russian cup events and therefore did not have a chance to qualify to the nationals, but they did compete at Russian cup final and placed 8th out of nine pairs, with the score of 163. (163 is not very good for Russian senior pairs. For comparison, the pair placing last at the senior nationals scored 171). So even if it is true that Vyslobokova will continue, we may see her only at Russian cup events and not at the nationals or international competitions. Also, Ivanov seem to be changing his partners quite often. I remember three or four previous partners in the recent few years.

Sure we don't know if this partnership (if it exists) will lead to anything. I actually was at the Rusisan Cup Final and I saw Elisei Ivanov competing with his partner. Dmitri Ialin and others told me before that Elisei is very talented and has lots of great ideas for lifts etc. So maybe he'll become a good coach later on, who knows.

Eislauffan

Does he have tripples? I watched his fee from last year and they did 2S eu 2S and 2A. Obviously it could have been his previous partners ability.

Alexei Briukhanov you mean? I remember him and Stanislava doing 3S (I believe), in the season 2018/19 at least. Then Stanislava had jump issues in the past season.

hanca

Values her privacy
Alexei Briukhanov you mean? I remember him and Stanislava doing 3S (I believe), in the season 2018/19 at least. Then Stanislava had jump issues in the past season.
At the nationals they tried triple salchow but it was downgraded. The same in one of the Russian cup. But it could have been downgraded because of her, she struggled the whole season with jumps, so it is very likely that the downgrade is hers.

hanca

Values her privacy
@Eislauffan , have you heard anything about Balabanova/Sviatchenko? It seems weird that he isn’t on the team, at least in reserve. Are they together or have they split up? I found them pretty good for a new pair.

lala

Jesus! How can you learn all names?

edit: My name became "with". I don't know how it could have happened....

Last edited:

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
And then there is Vasiliev talking about 4 pairs teams switching to Belarus who are either `in the making' or `starting to skate together now', so I wonder whether all these new teams will necessarily represent Russia

hanca

Values her privacy
Jesus! How can you learn all names?

edit: My name became "with". I don't know how it could have happened....
I have no problem with Russian names. Possibly because Russian is Slavic language, and so is my mother’s tongue. I do seriously struggle with English names. Not only names of people but also names of cities. Like seriously struggle. It took six reminders from my husband before I finally remembered Guildford. Or not constantly confuse Brighton, Brixton and another one starting Bri....

hanca

Values her privacy
It seems people on Russian forum believe that Akhanteva/Kolesov have split up. Wow! I am still thinking that there may be other explanations, such as her having a minor health problems and therefore not skating at this moment...

It also seems that Efimova/Simenenko was not a joke. That’s interesting. He looked quite a decent junior a few years ago, when he was skating with Kudriavsteva. Then he had some sort of injury and did not skate a year or two. Came back with Selivanova, who was either completely new to pair skating or a very low level skater. But from what I saw, she actually looked better than he did; he did not look very strong with his jumps. And after one or two competitions he is upgrading to Efimova? I am not sure if he will be strong enough to lift her! Efimova is tiny and slim, but she is an adult woman and he did not look that great lifting tiny prepuberty Selivanova... And add to it Efimova’s problems with jumps and Simenenko’s not very strong jumps... If I was Efimova, I would probably approach Volodin; that would be a better option.

RoseRed

It seems people on Russian forum believe that Akhanteva/Kolesov have split up. Wow! I am still thinking that there may be other explanations, such as her having a minor health problems and therefore not skating at this moment...

It also seems that Efimova/Simenenko was not a joke. That’s interesting. He looked quite a decent junior a few years ago, when he was skating with Kudriavsteva. Then he had some sort of injury and did not skate a year or two. Came back with Selivanova, who was either completely new to pair skating or a very low level skater. But from what I saw, she actually looked better than he did; he did not look very strong with his jumps. And after one or two competitions he is upgrading to Efimova? I am not sure if he will be strong enough to lift her! Efimova is tiny and slim, but she is an adult woman and he did not look that great lifting tiny prepuberty Selivanova... And add to it Efimova’s problems with jumps and Simenenko’s not very strong jumps... If I was Efimova, I would probably approach Volodin; that would be a better option.
I thought people were saying he's with Viktoria Vasilieva now. Was that not true/confirmed?

hanca

Values her privacy
I thought people were saying he's with Viktoria Vasilieva now. Was that not true/confirmed?
Yes, that’s what I understand he is with. However, if you were Volodin, and was just about to move to seniors because you aged out of juniors, would you prefer a girl who has just started pairs, or would you chose a girl who has been skating seniors for a while? My suggestion of her turning to Volodin -I didn’t mean to imply that he is available at the moment, but that it is what Efimova should have done a month or two ago when her partnership with Korovin broke down.

Sylvia

TBD
My suggestion of her turning to Volodin -I didn’t mean to imply that he is available at the moment, but that it is what Efimova should have done a month or two ago when her partnership with Korovin broke down.
How do you know she didn't approach him? The pairs world is very small and I assume the skaters & coaches communicate with each other when it comes to partner searches/tryouts, etc.

hanca

Values her privacy
How do you know she didn't approach him? The pairs world is very small and I assume the skaters & coaches communicate with each other when it comes to partner searches/tryouts, etc.
Of course I don’t. This is skating forum, we express our opinions and I expressed my opinion that Volodin would be a better partner for Efimova than Simenenko (based on watching lots of Russian pair skating and having an opinion on both guys’ level of skating). But of course it is possible that she approached Volodin and he declined. (I can’t see why, because an experienced senior pair lady would be better for him than someone completely new to pair skating, who may find out in a few months time that she hates pair skating and she may stop. But still, it is possible that he decided that Vasilieva is better for him.)

Ka3sha

Liza Tuktamysheva just posted her full long program from 2008 Nationals :)
She placed 2nd overall and 1st in the LP back then

Given current situation in ladies skating, 2008 sounds a bit surreal :lol:

Last edited:

Ka3sha

Evgenia Medvedeva was on a livestream earlier today: https://twitter.com/Olympic_Russia/status/1275033700502245376
Link to watch part 1 (10 mins.): https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBvHQ_ooUdt/
Here’s a translations of that interview (1st part)

Tamara Moskvina celebrates her 79th birthday today. She took part in a morning show on one of St Petersburg tv channels

DobrinFan

Unconfirmed: Kolyada went to Mishin.

Russian skater Mikhail Kolyada should soon begin training in the group of Alexei Mishin , a source familiar with the situation told SE. Mishin was not available for comment.

Also, Mishin's group will finally go to Kislovodsk July 1st to the 20th.
https://m.sportsdaily.ru/news/figuristy-mishina-edut-na-sbori

ETA: Confirmed. Kolyada goes to Mishin.
The St. Petersburg Figure Skating Federation has submitted documents to the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR) to transfer the bronze medalist of the World Championship Mikhail Kolyada to coach Alexei Mishin. This was reported to TASS by the president of the FFKKR Alexander Gorshkov.

The previous coach of 25-year-old Kolyada was Valentina Chebotareva, with whom he worked since the beginning of his career.

"The FFKKR has a package of documents from the Figure Skating Federation of St. Petersburg on the transition of Mikhail Kolyada to Alexei Mishin," said Gorshkov. "We do not mind."

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
According to the Russian forum, it seems that Varentsova-Bushlanov are one of the pairs that are trying to arrange to skate for Belarus. Vasiliev mentioned there are four pairs and named one of them - Lukashevich/Stepanov. He said that the other three are in the process of changing. There is a photo on Belorussian skating federation and among the skaters is Varentsova and Bushlanov.

Ka3sha

Tamara Moskvina celebrates her 79th birthday today.
Article
- In training, I can skate next to my students and say to them: “Fall, fall, fall!” They sometimes can’t stand it: “Tamara Nikolaevna, you bother me!” And I say that I am doing this on purpose. Because you never know what people will shout from the stands at the Olympic Games. And if my students are prepared, they won’t react to it.
Looking at Tamara Nikolaevna, it seems that there are at least twice as many hours in her day. After all, while coaching Olympic champions, she manages to devote time to her family, friends and relaxation.

“I am often accused of being a fan of work, and people constantly ask me if there is anything else in my life,” Tamara Moskvina says. “But I'm an ordinary person! I am a woman! I have a good husband, children, friends. I want to dress up beautifully, have my hair done, put on make up, look great. And what about going to the theater? What about trips? And the feast? All of this should have a place in human's life. And I have it - I'm happy.”

Sometimes they ask me if I have a gardener in my country house. I say: of course there is one. I have one assistant - her name is Tamara. And everyone is surprised: “Oh, come on! What a coincidence! ” And I say: of course, and here she is, right in front of you. And then I’m taking a step forward.
“Well, what did you think, are we here just to do some superficial things? No! If necessary, I can clean the toilet and wash a cup of coffee. Of course, we know how to do it! So it turns out that I live two lives: one as a human and the other one as a professional coach.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Given her results the last couple of years, she may be ready to quit herself. She hasn't looked all that happy.
Was she (Chebotareva) primarily a developmental and/or juniors coach who came along with some skaters through the ranks to elite seniors?

Tinami Amori

Very happy for Mikhail Kolyada! The sugestions of him joining Mishin (for stable jumps) have been expressed for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information