Netflix/Prime/Hulu/BritBox Binge Watching: Coronavirus Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

annie720

I told dh about Tiger King. He looked it up and said no way is he going to be in the same room if this is on. :)

Seerek

Last night I discovered the limited series (4 eps only, I think) Unorthodox. I watched 2 eps and will finish it this weekend. Petty interesting.

I'm hoping this series results in Shira Haas' career really taking off. Arguably the best mini series lead performance of the entire season, imo.

snoopy

I’m watching an Apple TV show, Dickenson. A charming show based on the life of Emily. It has period costumes but modern language. It’s essentially a coming of age story but with a little mysticism and poetry thrown in.

ryanj07

I’m becoming obsessed with the Spanish drama/romance “Velvet.” It is set in 1950s Madrid and focuses on a high end dress shop. There is definitely a bit of a haves/have nots vibe between the owners and wealthy patrons who shop at the store and those who work there.

CassAgain

I'm hoping this series results in Shira Haas' career really taking off. Arguably the best mini series lead performance of the entire season, imo.

I thought the actor who played her husband was excellent, too, but she was on a whole other level.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I spent the last couple of days with binging "Tiger King" and "Unorthodox".

"Tiger King" is probably the craziest stuff I have ever seen :lol: The memes about it are great as well. It really has got to be an amazing show if the most sane person on it is a former drug kingpin who nonchalantly tells the story of how he helped getting rid of a body.

"Unorthodox" is great, such wonderful performances. I've heard about the book before from my boyfriend's aunt and still have to read it. Loved the series.

canbelto

I also can't believe Joe Exotic withdrew 60k from Jeff's account to ... make logo'ed condoms for his campaign. Omg. :lol:

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
I just discovered another limited series show, I Am Not Okay With This, and watched all 7 episodes. It's a teen coming of age with a twist show. It references MANY teen films and shows that have come before (esp one episode that mirrors a certain John Hughes film, down to some memorable shot compositions), but is also really relatable, And the two main actors, who worked together in the IT films, are great.

Each episode is only about 20 minutes long, so it goes quick - my only complaint is that there are a couple of things that really could have been fleshed out better if the episodes had even another 5 minutes. I hope there is a 2nd season - the ending certainly points to it.

Teamgracie

I watched Unorthodox, found it fascinating. I’m now watching Paranoid. If anyone else doesn’t tend to like the real creepy mysteries I tend to have better luck with the British ones.

annie720

I started Unorthodox last night. I like it, but I think I might like it more if they had cast someone other than Shira Haas in the role. I feel like I can't stop seeing her as Ruchami in Shtisel and it's interfering with my appreciation of this show.

skateycat

One of Nature's Non-Spinners
We love Samurai Cat!

This is probably going to be the dumbest show ever but it has 4 1/2 stars on Amazon Prime. Maybe funny?

Samurai Cat
When a crime boss becomes obsessed with his cat, his goons hire a samurai desperate for cash to kill the kitty, which they believe is a goblin cat possessed by a human soul. But it's too cute to kill. So he keeps it instead. Hilarity and action ensue as Kyutaro attempts to evade detectives and learn how to care for a kitty.

I have to watch this. :lol:

skateycat

One of Nature's Non-Spinners
We've been binging Guilt Free Zone, and keeping up with Brooklyn Nine Nine and Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist.

LeafOnTheWind

Has anyone watched the documentary Tickled?

After stumbling upon a bizarre "competitive endurance tickling" video online, wherein young men are paid to be tied up and tickled, reporter David Farrier investigates the strange underworld of secret identities, criminal activity, and more.

The preview clips look interesting. So far I've only found it on Netflix DVD. I'm thinking this might be my next Tiger King because it all sounds so bizarre.

There is a trailer on IMDB

LeafOnTheWind

I'm about to start season 3 of Ozark but I was debating whether to rewatch Seasons 1 & 2 again to refresh my memory on what's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information