NBC-NBCSN Broadcast Schedule 2019-2020

Sylvia

TBD
Glad to see NBC is opening with Tomoki's FS! :)

ETA:

Followed by the free skates of Kvitelashvili, Uno, Samarin, Aymoz, Chen.

Clips from Papadakis/Cizeron's RD and then their entire FD.

Clips from Kostornaia's and Zagitova's SPs.

Final group of six free skates: Sakamoto, Andrews. Higuchi, Zagitova, Kostornaia, Bell.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
NBC TV broadcast of Cup of China is Sunday, Nov. 10 from 12 - 1:30 p.m. Eastern (check your local listings).

ETA the programs shown:

Shcherbakova's SP
FS of:
Keegan Messing
Boyang Jin
Han Yan
Matteo Rizzo
Chock/Bates' free dance in full! :cheer:
Very brief clips of Sui/Han's FS
FS of:
Young You
Tuktamysheva
Glenn
Miyahara
Shcherbakova

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
NBC TV broadcast of Rostelecom Cup is Sunday, Nov. 17 from 12 - 1:30 p.m. Eastern (check your local listings).

ETA the programs shown (let me know if I missed listing any):

Medvedeva's SP
FS of:
Uno
Nguyen
Aliev
Makar Ignatov (I think?)
Samarin
FS of:
Miyahara
Medvedeva
Bell
Trusova

Last edited:

Jonas

NBC TV broadcast of Rostelecom Cup is Sunday, Nov. 17 from 12 - 1:30 p.m. Eastern (check your local listings).

ETA the programs shown (let me know if I missed listing any):

Medvedeva's SP
FS of:
Uno
Nguyen
Aliev
Makar Ignatov (I think?)
Samarin
FS of:
Miyahara
Medvedeva
Bell
Trusova

Though my Cable Channel Guide listed the Men's FS from Rostelecom for 9:00 PM, the above listed was what I remember watching, i.e., they didn't show the full slew of men's FS -- even Krasnozohn's FS was chacked.

Sylvia

TBD
NBC doesn't usually show U.S. singles skaters unless they make the 2nd group for FS (Amber Glenn in China) or skate very well in FS (Tomoki Hiwatashi who was 4th in the FS in Grenoble after placing 10th in SP).

NBC's TV recap for NHK Trophy is scheduled for Sunday, Nov. 24 from 4 – 6 p.m. Eastern (check your local listings).

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Remember - the NBC Sunday recap show becomes the “Men’s LPs” and “Ladies LPs” shows on Olympic Channel. So after seeing all Men’s SPs (or Ladies SPs on Ladies night), we’re treated to yet another repeat of the NBC Sunday show. No escaping Tara and Johnny! On the other hand, OC has been airing complete finals of the couples disciplines...the likely case tonight with Rostelecom Dance - all 10 RDs, followed by all 10 FDs.

Sylvia

TBD
NBC's TV recap for NHK Trophy is scheduled for Sunday, Nov. 24 from 4 – 6 p.m. Eastern (check your local listings).
NBC leads off with Kostornaia's SP. :)

Tanith is hosting today from the studio with Tara & Johnny.

ETA:

Free skates of Yuhana Yokoi, Zagitova, Kihira & Kostornaia... unfortunately, Karen did not get the mercy chack :(.

ETA #2:

Sui/Han's FS :)

Papadakis/Cizeron's FD :)

Free skates of Jason Brown, Roman Sadovsky, Yuzuru Hanyu, Kevin Aymoz, Sergei Voronov.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
U.S. TV broadcast schedule of Grand Prix Final (in Eastern time):

Friday, Dec. 6Grand Prix Final9 – 11 p.m.NBCSN
Saturday, Dec. 7Grand Prix Final9 – 11 p.m.NBCSN
Sunday, Dec. 22Grand Prix Final4 - 6 p.m.NBC

Frau Muller

Hopefully the two NBCSN telecasts will be different- the SPs today & only LPs tomorrow. After Alysa’s Jr Ladies win (the power of positive thinking), I’m also hoping that one of the telecasts shows her LP.

UPDATE: Oh well...Alysa took Silver. I hope that NBC or NBCSN still show her...and Kamila.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Friday, Dec. 6 Grand Prix Final 9 – 11 p.m. ET NBCSN - Men's & ladies short programs will be the focus, according to the summary I see.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I guess the schedulers at USFS/NBC don't follow anyone outside the US. I just noticed that the US Nats men's short is scheduled at the same time as Euros Hunger Games long. Sorry, NBC, I'll catch the guys on replay.

Sylvia

TBD
Friday, Dec. 6 Grand Prix Final 9 – 11 p.m. ET NBCSN - Men's & ladies short programs will be the focus, according to the summary I see.
Yesterday NBCSN showed all of Alysa Liu's Jr. SP & clips from her FS tonight between the Men & Ladies SPs.

Men's FS underway on NBCSN, has started (not surprisingly) with a repeat of Nathan's SP.

ETA: Aliev got the "mercy chack" today.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
NBC is rebroadcasting Grand Prix Final highlights today, Sunday, Dec. 22 from 4 to 6 p.m. Eastern time (probably the same as what NBCSN showed on Dec. 7).

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
US Nationals

Thursday, Jan. 23 | Pairs Short Program | 5 – 7 p.m. (NBCSN)
Thursday, Jan. 23 | Ladies Short Program | 9 – 11 p.m. (NBCSN)
Friday, Jan. 24 | Rhythm Dance | 5 – 6 p.m. (NBCSN)
Friday, Jan. 24 | Ladies Free Skate | 8 – 11 p.m. (NBC)
Saturday, Jan. 25 | Men's Short Program | 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. (NBC)
Saturday, Jan. 25 | Free Dance & Pairs Free Skate | 8 – 11 p.m. (NBCSN)
Sunday, Jan. 26 | Men's Free Skate | 3 – 6 p.m. (NBC)

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Cross posting from the US Nats Men’s thread. If you would like to let NBC know how you felt about its handling of the men’s free program...

DH was channel surfing during the men. CBS did NOT move the golf. ABC did NOT move the basketball. FOX programming continued as well. NBC was the only network to do so.

OK, folks. Remember that thing called postal mail? The president of NBC Sports is Pete Bevaqua. The mailing address is
1 Blachley Road
Stamford, CT - 06902
Fire up those laser printers and lets give them a piece of our minds for treating skating as a throwaway entertainment option. While you’re writing, please compliment them on using Tanith and Charlie for Gold and ask them to bring Ben in whenever Charlie is alone in the booth.

LeafOnTheWind

Cross posting from the US Nats Men’s thread. If you would like to let NBC know how you felt about its handling of the men’s free program...

DH was channel surfing during the men. CBS did NOT move the golf. ABC did NOT move the basketball. FOX programming continued as well. NBC was the only network to do so.

OK, folks. Remember that thing called postal mail? The president of NBC Sports is Pete Bevaqua. The mailing address is
1 Blachley Road
Stamford, CT - 06902
Fire up those laser printers and lets give them a piece of our minds for treating skating as a throwaway entertainment option. While you’re writing, please compliment them on using Tanith and Charlie for Gold and ask them to bring Ben in whenever Charlie is alone in the booth.

We also need to yell at them for cutting off the medal ceremonies on Sports Gold. It would have been nice to see the men's medal ceremony.

kwanette

Fetalized since 1998

It doesn't appear that the Olympic Channel will show delayed coverage this year? Only repeats of what's on NBC for the Grand Prix events?

Date
2019 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series
Time (ET)
Network
Saturday, Oct. 19​
Skate America presented by American Cruise Lines
12 - 2 a.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Saturday, Oct. 19​
6 - 8 p.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Sunday, Oct. 20​
1 - 3 a.m.​
NBCSN​
Sunday, Oct. 20​
12 - 1 p.m.​
NBC​
Saturday, Oct. 26​
4:30 - 6 p.m.​
NBC​
Sunday, Oct. 27​
Skate Canada
4:30 – 6 p.m.​
NBC​
Sunday, Nov. 3​
Grand Prix France
4 – 6 p.m.​
NBC​
Sunday, Nov. 10​
Grand Prix China
12 - 1:30 p.m.​
NBC​
Sunday, Nov. 17​
Grand Prix Russia
12 – 1:30 p.m.​
NBC​
Sunday, Nov. 24​
Grand Prix Japan
4 – 6 p.m.​
NBC​
Friday, Dec. 6​
Grand Prix Final
9 – 11 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Saturday, Dec. 7​
Grand Prix Final
9 – 11 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Sunday, Dec. 22​
Grand Prix Final
4 - 6 p.m.​
NBC​
Date
2020 U.S. Figure Skating Championships Greensboro, North Carolina - Jan. 23 - 26
Time (ET)
Network
Thursday, Jan. 23​
Pairs' Short Program
5 - 7 p.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Thursday, Jan. 23​
Ladies' Short Program
9 - 11 p.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Friday, Jan. 24​
Rhythm Dance
5 – 6 p.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Friday, Jan. 24​
Ladies' Free Skate
8 - 11 p.m.​
NBC (Live)​
Saturday, Jan. 25​
Men's Short Program
2:30 - 4:30 p.m.​
NBC (Live)​
Saturday, Jan. 25​
Free Dance & Pairs' Free Skate
8 -11 p.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Sunday, Jan. 26​
Men's Free Skate
3 - 6 p.m.​
NBC (Live)​
Saturday, Feb. 2​
Skating Spectacular
4 – 6 p.m.​
NBC​
Date
2020 ISU Championship Events
Time (ET)
Network
Wednesday, Jan. 22​
European Championships: Men's Short
11:30 p.m. - 1:30 a.m.​
NBCSN​
Thursday, Jan. 23​
European Championships: Men's Free
7 - 9 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Friday, Jan. 24​
European Championships: Ladies' Short
11 p.m. - 1 a.m.​
NBCSN​
Sunday, Jan. 26​
European Championships: Ladies' Free
10 p.m. - 12 a.m.​
NBCSN​
Saturday, Feb. 1​
European Championships: Men's and Ladies' Free
3 - 5 p.m.​
NBC​
Thursday, Feb. 6​
Four Continents Championships: Ladies' Short
3 - 5 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Friday, Feb. 7​
Four Continents Championships: Free Dance
7:30 – 9:30 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Friday, Feb. 7​
Four Continents Championships: Men's Short
11 p.m. - 1 a.m.​
NBCSN​
Saturday, Feb. 8​
Four Continents Championships: Ladies' Free
7 – 9 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Sunday, Feb. 9​
Four Continents Championships: Ladies' & Men's Free
4 – 6 p.m.​
NBC​
Sunday, Feb. 9​
Four Continents Championships: Men's Free
11 p.m. - 1 a.m.​
NBCSN​
Wednesday, March 18​
World Championships: Pairs' Short
12:30 – 2:30 p.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Thursday, March 19​
World Championships: Ladies' Short
6 – 8 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Thursday, March 19​
World Championships: Pairs' Free
8 – 10 p.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Thursday, March 19​
World Championships: Men's Short
10 p.m. - 12 a.m.​
NBCSN​
Friday, March 20​
World Championships: Rhythm Dance
6 – 8 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Friday, March 20​
World Championships: Ladies' Free
8 - 10 p.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Saturday, March 21​
World Championships: Ladies' Free
1 – 3 p.m.​
NBC​
Saturday, March 21​
World Championships: Men's Free
9 – 11 p.m.​
NBC (Live)​
Sunday, March 22​
World Championships: Free Dance
4 – 6 p.m.​
NBCSN​
Sunday, April 12​
Season Recap Show
4 – 6 p.m.​
NBC​
For US Champs Gala, above says Sat Feb 2. Is it Sat Feb 1st? or Sunday Feb 2nd, ty. My DVR guide doesn't go that far.

BaileyCatts

I show a 3 hour Europeans broadcast on 2/1 (probably the typical recap only) and US Gala on 2/2 on NBC.

mollymgr

They never uploaded the full Gala on NBC Gold last year even though they said they would. I wonder if it will change this year. The one on TV is always heavily edited to include only the skaters they want to show and replays of their competitive programs to fill time instead of dedicating it just to the Gala.

georgiana08

Speaking of the Gala, am I blind or were Christina and Anthony missing? I thought all of the other pewter medalists were there, but I didn't see anything about them. Looks like Avonley and Vadym were there instead.

Debbie S

Speaking of the Gala, am I blind or were Christina and Anthony missing? I thought all of the other pewter medalists were there, but I didn't see anything about them. Looks like Avonley and Vadym were there instead.
All of the Junior champs skated, as they do every year. And yes, ice dance was the only discipline that didn't have the Senior pewter medalists in the gala. Grrrr.

snoopysnake

1 Blachley Road
Stamford, CT - 06902
Thank you for this information. I wanted to complain to someone and this is helpful.

I understand NBC's decision to broadcast information on the Kobe Bryant tragedy. Thankfully, there was enough time before 6pm EST for them to replay Nathan Chen's LP, which they did. But this is what they should have done when they returned from the press conference:
1. Stayed on the air beyond 6pm. They go overtime for basketball, football, golf, etc when live events go over.
2. Show via tape delay the Kiss & Cry of Tomoki Hiwatashi, and the remainder of what was shown on NBCSC, i.e. Nathan Chen's and Jason Brown's free skates and Kiss & Cry. All this would have taken only about 20 minutes.

Very few people nowadays get only free (i.e. broadcast) television but those of us in this category rely on the NBC network broadcast for our skating coverage. NBC should have done as I described above.

What NBC should do to make up for its error:
At a MINIMUM, show Jason Brown's complete FS and K&C during the broadcast of the gala.
Better still, show what I've listed above (item 2.)

Frau Muller

Reminder that the US Nationals Gala airs on NBC TV soon - 4-6pm eastern.

Spiralgraph

Thank you for this information. I wanted to complain to someone and this is helpful.

I understand NBC's decision to broadcast information on the Kobe Bryant tragedy. Thankfully, there was enough time before 6pm EST for them to replay Nathan Chen's LP, which they did. But this is what they should have done when they returned from the press conference:
1. Stayed on the air beyond 6pm. They go overtime for basketball, football, golf, etc when live events go over.
2. Show via tape delay the Kiss & Cry of Tomoki Hiwatashi, and the remainder of what was shown on NBCSC, i.e. Nathan Chen's and Jason Brown's free skates and Kiss & Cry. All this would have taken only about 20 minutes.

Very few people nowadays get only free (i.e. broadcast) television but those of us in this category rely on the NBC network broadcast for our skating coverage. NBC should have done as I described above.

What NBC should do to make up for its error:
At a MINIMUM, show Jason Brown's complete FS and K&C during the broadcast of the gala.
Better still, show what I've listed above (item 2.)

I agree with this. But it seems that NBC, as ABC did previously, treats figure skating more as entertainment than as a sport. So it had no problem interrupting Nationals.

A.H.Black

If anyone sees an announcement about NBC's plans now that World's has been cancelled, please post. I wonder how the financials work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information