2019-20 GPF Men

who will make GPF?

• Total voters

Dobre

Which GP looks to be the toughest/deepest one?

Which one would you like to attend in person if you could pick just one? :)

Don't know for sure about the first one, but I really like the field for Skate America this season:

Nathan-Worlds #1
Jin-Previous Worlds #3 and current 4CC silver
Cha-GPF bronze
Brezina-GPF finalist
Brown-top ten at Worlds and 2nd in the SP
Messing-GPF finalist and 4th at 4CCs
Aliev-hot mess last season but 2nd at Europeans the year before
Savosin-Jr. World silver
Shimada-JGPF finalist
Tomono-hot mess last season but 5th at Worlds the year before

Extra "performance & entertainment" value points from me for Nathan, Brezina, Brown, Messing, and Shimada, and at least some of the time from Jin, Cha, and Aliev.

That's a nice field, SA. Kudos on this one!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
Which one would you like to attend in person if you could pick just one? :)

I know which one I would not attend. tee-hee

SkAm and SC look the toughest for singles... NHK maybe for Pairs... and Dance usually seems equal except for you-know-where.

Sylvia

TBD
With Shoma Uno's coaching situation currently up in the air, I wonder how his GP season will go?

Dobre

I'd say the toughest dance events are France and NHK, since Guignard/Fabbri are the only third-ranked team that are realistically capable of challenging for second.

And also because in addition to the three most established contenders in each of those events, there are also two other GP medalists in both of those fields. So 5 GP medalists in both France & NHK. Skate America is also very deep, though, as it has 4 + F-B&S who would have been potential GP medalists last season if they had competed & competed in the right fields. And SC has 4 1/2 GP medal teams. China has 3 + F-B&S. Russia has 3.

Shows how much experience has been gained since last season when we had multiple events without a full podium of athletes that had medaled on the GP previously.

Tahuu

Of the men's fields at SC and NHK, Kolyada is the one most likely to get silvers. He has a clearer path to GPF.

Colonel Green

Of the men's fields at SC and NHK, Kolyada is the one most likely to get silvers. He has a clearer path to GPF.
Kolyada remains his own greatest obstacle. If he shows up, heā€™ll have smooth sailing. Whereas with errors he could easily fall behind somebody like Rizzo at SCI.

Tavi

Kolyada remains his own greatest obstacle. If he shows up, heā€™ll have smooth sailing. Whereas with errors he could easily fall behind somebody like Rizzo at SCI.

Agreed. Last season he did well in his two Challenger events and then underperformed for the rest of the season, until his Worlds FS. To the extent heā€™s resolved whatever issues he struggled with last season, he has a great chance at the GPF. If he hasnā€™t, well, then his underperformance may likely continue.

Dobre

Of the men's fields at SC and NHK, Kolyada is the one most likely to get silvers.

He could do even better than that. Hanyu has this tendency to skate amazing fabulous programs, but not so much when I am in the audience: SC 2014, SC 2015, Worlds 2016. And I am going to SC this year:slinkaway. (We won't tell Kolyada though).

rfisher

Let the skating begin
He could do even better than that. Hanyu has this tendency to skate amazing fabulous programs, but not so much when I am in the audience: SC 2014, SC 2015, Worlds 2016. And I am going to SC this year:slinkaway. (We won't tell Kolyada though).
I've noticed a similar effect when I watch Kelly Slater (surfer) compete versus when I catch the replay. I've started just watching the replays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information