Papadakis/Cizeron #7 - A Matter of Confidentiality

Status
Not open for further replies.

VGThuy

IDK TCC has a greater legacy and more medals than Gadbois and yet their skaters still travel everywhere for ice time. Solo ice time is precious when you have to share ice with 10+ other skaters at a time. Aren't you close to them? Ask them yourself;)

And also, if P/C can get easy ice time at Maurice Richard arena and elsewhere, isn't Gadbois doing their job ensuring that there is an easy-to-follow schedule where they can schedule ice time there and at Gadbois? It's one of those things where it's normal for even the top schools have to schedule ice time elsewhere just due to logistics and the amount of ice time the top competitors need.

I have to ask, there's been one or two posters grumbling about Gadbois right now. What's up with that?

alain06fr

IDK TCC has a greater legacy and more medals than Gadbois and yet their skaters still travel everywhere for ice time. Solo ice time is precious when you have to share ice with 10+ other skaters at a time. Aren't you close to them? Ask them yourself;)

Don’t you know that solo skaters also train in Gadbois in addition to these 24 couples?

I have of course no problem to have skaters train in different rinks and it really makes sense to train on bigger rinks than Gadbois especially when rehearsing the whole programs before official competitions. Anyhow, there are so many rinks in Montréal.

The person I am the closest to is ... myself! All senior skaters are adults hence it’s up to them to take their responsibilities for anything related to their carreer. It’s their business not mine!

On the other hand, music choices, choreography, transitions, synchronization, full package, technical stuff, etc. are the interesting topics for discussion.

In fact, I intentionnally made a very basic and very obvious description of what the best worldwide ice dance training center should offer to its top world class couples... I am just amazed to see how embarrassing such an obvious description can be for some people...

sap5

In fact, I intentionnally made a very basic and very obvious description of what the best worldwide ice dance training center should offer to its top world class couples...

Are you saying Gadbois isn't offering what's in your description?

Icetigger

Yeah, @alain06fr - stop trying to convince us they need to leave, and keep trying to convince P&C to leave the school that put them on the map.

The school that put them on the map/the school they put on the map. Let's see how Gadbois fares this season with the other teams without outside choreographic input, and without P/C's particular talents (or V/M's).

Emdee

Don’t you know that solo skaters also train in Gadbois in addition to these 24 couples?

I have of course no problem to have skaters train in different rinks and it really makes sense to train on bigger rinks than Gadbois especially when rehearsing the whole programs before official competitions. Anyhow, there are so many rinks in Montréal.

The person I am the closest to is ... myself! All senior skaters are adults hence it’s up to them to take their responsibilities for anything related to their carreer. It’s their business not mine!

On the other hand, music choices, choreography, transitions, synchronization, full package, technical stuff, etc. are the interesting topics for discussion.

In fact, I intentionnally made a very basic and very obvious description of what the best worldwide ice dance training center should offer to its top world class couples... I am just amazed to see how embarrassing such an obvious description can be for some people...
Maybe it is time for you to start your own training centre. There are many rinks in smaller towns that are not fully utilized and there is a dearth of top notch teachers. Put them together and what do you get...bibbity bobbity boo! Up front costs should be quite reasonable..under a million for sure. Just saying...

alain06fr

Are you saying Gadbois isn't offering what's in your description?

Be cautious! You may get into big troubles quickly by asking such questions! Lol 😉 Asking a question like this one is already some kind of “casus belli” ! (Not for me of course). Gadbois is in Canada, MFD and PL are Canadians so... Of course, several Canadian members simply say what they think regardless of any Canadian related considerations but some others don’t.

Just try to criticize a little bit Gadbois or the coaches and you’ll suddenly see comments and associated “likes” from some members coming from nowhere, who almost never post comments in the G&G thread, who never went to Gadbois even once, who probably don’t really care of G&G and - for some of them - even bashed G&G in other threads.

Look, it already started 😂

Last edited:

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Be cautious! You may get into big troubles quickly by asking such questions! Lol 😉 Asking a question like this one is already some kind of “casus belli” ! (Not for me of course). Gadbois is in Canada, MFD and PL are Canadians so... Of course, several Canadian members simply say what they think regardless of any Canadian related considerations but some others don’t.

Just try to criticize Gadbois or the coaches and you’ll suddenly see comments from some members coming from nowhere, who almost never post comments in the G&G thread, who never went to Gadbois even once, who probably don’t really care of G&G and - for some of them - even bashed G&G in other threads.

Look, it already started 😂
But you still didn't answer the question.

VGThuy

Honestly, what I don't like is how some people are preemptively painting Gadbois (Marie-France/Patrice) out to be some sort of fall person in case P/C's results this season or the following seasons is what people want them to be. We have no indication on whether P/C are happy or unhappy with the current situation nor do we know where P/C will stand by Worlds this season and in four years. This coupled with the Canadian thing seems very conspiracy theory to me.

Moustaffask8r

Honestly, what I don't like is how some people are preemptively painting Gadbois (Marie-France/Patrice) out to be some sort of fall person in case P/C's results this season or the following seasons is what people want them to be. We have no indication on whether P/C are happy or unhappy with the current situation nor do we know where P/C will stand by Worlds this season and in four years. This coupled with the Canadian thing seems very conspiracy theory to me.
I have a question.... where would the Gadbois school be if it wasn't for Gaby and Guillaume and Romain?? Where was Gadbois before G&G&R moved from France to Montreal

Peepsquick

I don't think that any of us worry about how P/C will fare this season. We might have diverse reactions to what they will show us but I have no doubt that taste notwithstanding, it will be top notch. I have total "faith" in them as you do with the Shibs. There is no whiff of conspiracy brewing.

alain06fr

I have a question.... where would the Gadbois school be if it wasn't for Gaby and Guillaume and Romain?? Where was Gadbois before G&G&R moved from France to Montreal

5 ice dance couples for sure trained in Gadbois during the 2014/15 season:

- Gaby & Guillaume,
- Paul / Islam (they stopped afterwards)
- Hurtado / Diaz (they split afterwards)
- Fournier Beaudry / Sorensen
- Robledo / Fenero (they moved to Gadbois with G&G&R)

So, before Romain, Gaby, Guillaume, Celia & Luis moved to Gadbois, 3 couples used to train there:
FournierBeaudry/Sorensen, Hurtado/Diaz,
Paul/Islam

Last edited:

yuna13fr

2 teams left and they took 3 Chinese teams, 1 JPN, 1POL and 2 USA ... I remember them saying 2 years ago that they were full apparently not so much! As a P/C fan I'm worried about how crowded galbois is. I know Marie f, Patrice and romain are professionals but they aren't super human. Imagine if poor zoueva had so many teams when she trained both D/W and V/M, what their fans would have said. Also check the V/M thread apparently in their book they mentioned conversation with Marie and Patrice regarding the coaching situation. No conspiracy theory but i think we have the right to be a bit concerned.

Last edited:

Emdee

These are the ice dance couples who - for sure - trained in Gadbois during the 2014/15 season:

- Gaby & Guillaume,
- Paul / Islam (they stopped afterwards)
- Hurtado / Diaz (they split afterwards)
- Fournier Beaudry / Sorensen
- Robledo / Fenero (they moved to Gadbois with G&G&R)

So, before Romain, Gaby, Guillaume, Celia & Luis moved to Gadbois, 3 couples used to train there: FournierBeaudry/Sorensen, Hurtado/Diaz, Paul/Islam
What you say is correct in that PC gave Gadbois a real boost and then with the addition of VM it became the top school.

Suppose PC didnt go to Gadbois and stayed in France. There is a strong possibility that they would not have had that meteoric rise.

Now let us say that VM did go to Gadbois when they did. VM being who they are could have singlehandedly led to the popularity of Gadbois.

So your arguments are without merit.

It is great that Ice Dancers use their own choreographers. New inspiration is needed to prevent becoming stale. That is why teams change coaches as well.

I really do hope that breaking away from the pure lyrical will be good for PC. There skating needs to grow if they want to stay on top throughout this quad.

VGThuy

Is this a general question, or somehow a follow up to what @VIETgrlTerifa posted? Not seeing how the two are connected...

Thank you. I'm still not sure what some of the follow up posts have to do with what I posted. Nobody took away P/C's achievements. We all know they have had a real impact on ice dance and they and Gadbois together changed the direction of ice dance. I'm just noticing some posts by some posters (a small number) seem to be negative towards Gadbois and I was wondering where that was coming from.

Last edited:

Emdee

2 teams left and they took 3 Chinese teams, 1 JPN, 1POL and 2 USA ... I remember them saying 2 years ago that they were full apparently not so much! As a P/C fan I'm worried about how crowded galbois is. I know Marie f, Patrice and romain are professionals but they aren't super human. Imagine if poor zoueva had so many teams when she trained both D/W and V/M, what their fans would have said. Also check the V/M thread apparently in their book they mentioned conversation with Marie and Patrice regarding the coaching situation. No conspiracy theory but i think we have the right to be a bit concerned.
You will need to read their book to see the context of their convo with MFD and Patrice. No doubt PC has had their own conversations regarding what they want from their coaches that will one day be revealed. They have a special relationship with Romain who in his wisdom said some pretty snarky things with reference to VM.

Zueva had a smaller stable of helpers that further dwindled after Igor went.

alain06fr

What you say is correct in that PC gave Gadbois a real boost and then with the addition of VM it became the top school.

Suppose PC didnt go to Gadbois and stayed in France. There is a strong possibility that they would not have had that meteoric rise.

Now let us say that VM did go to Gadbois when they did. VM being who they are could have singlehandedly led to the popularity of Gadbois.

It is great that Ice Dancers use their own choreographers. New inspiration is needed to prevent becoming stale. That is why teams change coaches as well.

I really do hope that breaking away from the pure lyrical will be good for PC. There skating needs to grow if they want to stay on top throughout this quad.

Can’t believe it!

I just listed the couples training in Gadbois in 2013/14 & 2014/15 and then you claim that I said this and this and that! LOL! 😱😂 sounds like some people really want to speak in my name!

Peepsquick

They might not have reached their ultimate potential yet but their skating skills have grown steadily and have nothing to do with a style or another. I hope they stay true to themselves and don't start style-hoping in their free. I already know how great and versatile their skating can be in the RD. Let all skaters have some freedom of creation in their Freed Dance. The litany of rules and prescriptions are stifling enough as it is.

alain06fr

Could you tell us why V/M would have told MFD & PL right after the 2014 OG that they absolutely wanted to go to Gadbois after a 2-years break? Considering Gadbois was at that time a third class training center?

Do you believe in that story?
If so, do you get at least any evidence(s) of that?
For instance interviews of V/M or MFD/PL published in March or April 2014?

Last but not least, don’t you think that P/C’s metoric rise (double European & World champions at 20/21!) promoted so much Gadbois in the ice dance world, up to the point to definitely convince V/M to continue there in 2016, any other story being a bullshit fary tale?

In other words, w/o P/C’s meteoric rise in 2014/15 & 2015/16, there was no interest whatsoever for V/M to go to Gadbois in 2016/17.

Emdee

Can’t believe it!

I just listed the couples training in Gadbois in 2013/14 & 2014/15 and then you claim that I said this and this and that! LOL! 😱😂 sounds like some people really want to speak in my name!
Ok...so you didnt say that PC gave Gadbois a boost? In any case I think that they did...

believed

Could you tell us why V/M would have told MFD & PL right after the 2014 OG that they absolutely wanted to go to Gadbois after a 2-years break? Considering Gadbois was at that time a third class training center?

Last but not least, don’t you think that P/C’s metoric rise (double European & World champions at 20/21!) promoted so much Gadbois in the ice dance world up to the point to definitely convince V/M to go there in 2016, any other story being a bullshit fary tale?

- V/M have been friends and mentees of Marie and Patch for years (source: book, interviews, videos)
- Patch personally attended their Sochi practices and stayed with them throughout that Olympics (source: book, interviews, videos, pictures)
- Scott and Patch have talked about the need for an ice dance school in Canada since the late 2000s (source: book)

Emdee

Last but not least, don’t you think that P/C’s metoric rise (double European & World champions at 20/21!) promoted so much Gadbois in the ice dance world, up to the point to definitely convince V/M to continue there in 2016, any other story being a bullshit fary tale?

In other words, w/o P/C’s meteoric rise in 2014/15 & 2015/16, there was no interest whatsoever for V/M to go to Gadbois in 2016/17.

Patrice and MFD supported them at Sochi practices.
VM were not happy with their Sochi result and were uncertain of retiring unfulfilled.
These are incontrovertible.
Who are we to say that the reason given was a fairy tale?
VM even in pre 2008 interviews said how they looked up to MFD and Patrice who showed them the ropes.
They also wanted to train in Canada and had a clear understanding of how they wanted to go forward. They had certain expectations to be met for them to come back.

If I am not mistaken VM were Olympic and world champions at about the same age that PC were world champions.

Emdee

I really dont want this to be a VM vs PC war as those times are over and I am rooting for PC as I did before but I find some of your (Alain) comments and snarky asides and dirt throwing behaviour quite obnoxious...but amusing nevertheless.

Last edited:

Peepsquick

Patrice and MFD supported them at Sochi practices.
VM were not happy with their Sochi result and were uncertain of retiring unfulfilled.
These are incontrovertible.
Who are we to say that the reason given was a fairy tale?
VM even in pre 2008 interviews said how they looked up to MFD and Patrice who showed them the ropes.
They also wanted to train in Canada and had a clear understanding of how they wanted to go forward. They had certain expectations to be met for them to come back.

If I am not mistaken VM were Olympic and world champions at about the same age that PC were world champions.

Can we please not use this thread as yet another pissing contest with the Canadians!:rolleyes:

sap5

I’m always up for discussing aspects of any school, but if a bunch of criticisms are just thrown without any basis being shown for them, that doesn’t make for an interesting discussion, IMO. If there’s something that Gadbois is doing wrong or not the best it could be, let’s flesh it out. Otherwise this is getting boring.

Alilou

Ubercavorter

You clearly have not been following Canadian ice dance for years they way some of us have. MF and Patrice were mentors for VM when VM were just coming up the senior ranks. VM always looked up to MF and P. In the 2 years they didn't compete they had show programs choreographed by MF and worked a little with both MF and Patch since they still regarded them as mentors.

VM had no idea what they were going to do after Sochi. They did ask MF and Patch if they would coach them IF they decided to come back. That's as far as it went. I don't think they gave a royal flying fcuk what size of school Gadbois was, they just wanted MF and Patch to coach them if they decided to come back to competitive skating. This would have happened whether or not Romain and P&C moved there from France.

I just don't get what your problem is @alain06fr . Seriously. You seem to hate them with a passion that is way out of proportion to the situation.

Oh and you still haven't answered @sap5's question: Are you saying Gadbois isn't offering what's in your description?

Twilight1

Oh for fracks sakes...build a bridge and get the flock over it.

Marie and Patch have been around and competed against Tessa and Scott for probably 15 years. The Canadian team has a huge history of mentoring each other and being there for years. This is not some damn conspiracy. I remember seeing them on tours together and M-F and Patch have done many show programs to keep them in touch.

You got some serious sour grapes happening here.

Gabrielle had a snap break at the Olympics. That is it.

No big conspiracy theory against your team by the eville Canadians. Just shyte luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information