Papadakis/Cizeron #6 - Season's Over - Let's Get Drunk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alain06fr

How many other sites is there where you post under handle "Alain06" ?
And do you know how many sites I post under other pseudos? Did it even come to your mind?

the administrators of "this site" were members here
And why don't you tell us your GS pseudo? So everyone knows, especially in this thread. if you like giving lessons of transparency, why don't you apply them first to yourself?

You'll excuse me but I'll pass the talk.
Sure, feel free to pass the talk. Freedom is one value I like the most. Furthermore, I fully understand it won't be of any interest for a person as educated and as experienced as you are.

Not to belittle what you have to say.
Yeah, indeed... LOL

I lived and worked in 4 different countries, I'm fluent in 3 languages and I can understant 4 others. I've visited more than 100 countries in my life and I'm not yet done. I have several degrees, including a PhD in cognitive sciences and psychology. I know a lot about cultural differences.
Thanks for this very humble description of yourself... Now, honestly speaking, I have much better things to do on FSU than spreading the list of my diplomas, the list of countries I visited and so on... Moreover, it's definitely not my style.

But you seem to always consider people you talk to as very young and uneducated folks.
Strangely enough, it's exactly what I was thinking about you when reading your posts, especially when you present yourself as far too educated and far too experienced to even read what I want to say.

BTW why posting the alledged scoop about W/P in here ? Shouldn't it be posted in the GSD and the off season worldwide "mercato" rather than here ?
I was not aware of this "mercato" thread and, even if I was, I would have still posted this information in this thread to share it in first place with friends and people I know.

BTW, for someone who prides herself of having a PhD in psychology, it's quite unbelievable that you never got, even one second, the fact that I speak on figure skating forums with my heart much ... much more than with my head (which is sometimes good and sometimes bad, I must admit!). Sometimes I am “serious” meaning I really want to share what I know or think (or when I feel there’s a sort of bashing of Gaby and Guillaume) otherwise I’m here to have fun and I like to make jokes.

All the best!

Last edited:

alain06fr

Naaaaaa, you'all are wrong.Here is the true story.Since the Shibs take one year off, Marina has no top team anymore, so she is joining force with MFD at Gadbois, taking C/B from Igor with her. Since H/D were not happy with this decision, they decided to move to Russia together with Krilova (who is getting married to Zhulin by the way) . Since he's left alone, Carmalengo and Romain who knew each other very well when coaching in France at Zazoui's school, decided to open a new school in Montreal, taking P/C with them. Kaitlin and Andrew decided to join Pasquale and Romain too. (Kaitlin is having an affair with Pasquale). And last but not least, Soloviev will skate with Illinych with Igor. Gilles Poirier are leaving Carol Lane, who is now available for Carreira Ponomarenko ,to go to Lena Caron who in addition to her already numerous talents now becomes a coach. Scott and Charlie also decided to start on their own and are joining forces with Lipnitskaya who moves her training to the US.Tessa will work as an assistant coach at Gadbois to fill in for Romain. Meanwhile Didier is lost. .... Capito ???? :gallopin1:rofl: :sekret::wall:

Now seriously, could someone confirm the move for Kaitlin and Andrew to Gadbois. Alain, you tease us so much, I need a second serious confirmation from you.

And since as you said we have no clue about what P/C think of Gadbois, could you give us some ?:confused:

So much fun reading your post! :D
And yes, I can confirm to you that Waever and Poje moved to Gadbois.
As other fans pointed out (and I agree with them), I guess their target is Montréal 2020, not Beijing 2022.

barbarafan

So much fun reading your post! :D
And yes, I can confirm to you that Waever and Poje moved to Gadbois.
As other fans pointed out (and I agree with them), I guess their target is Montréal 2020, not Beijing 2022.

Yay!!!! I was all excited ...then disappointed ....and finally relieved...I am so gullible I tend to swallow a lot of BS....I finally have something to look forward to this season.....Cdn Nationals was so disappointing to me but I am slowly coming out of my funk. Heart over head forever.....and peace,happiness and fulfillment over medals. And praise be for instagram to see snippets of what's to come.

barbarafan

May be rumor is wrong and it is Carmenlengo who is going to Montreal to work with Montreal team : it would make sens to get so much new teams in there ?!!!

I have zero zero inside contacts so if I maybe something it is me just trying to make the pieces of the puzzles fit.A poster here who maybe has no sources either posted a vague story about Camerlengo might go to Russia as well if his children decide they want to stay there. Story says kids will spend the summer there to try it out. So if this is true he doesn't know what he will do yet...Teams need plans so maybe he has worked something out with MFD & patch. Even if he doesn't move there he will make loads of visits to see his kids. You can do choreo. and mentor like that but you cannot run a school. So he may have brought his teams to Gadbois to train and he will be part of their idea magic team but in his absences his teams will have top notch training non-interrupted but he may be head coach for those teams. In that vein Chock and Bates might have sought him out for a coach change and were offered the same terms. Pascal Denis had a team or 2 somewhere else when he joined Gadbois and he brought them with him to Gadbois & remained head coach for them. There are always ways to work things out when everyone is on board with getting the best results for everyone. Reality is often stranger than fiction. So while we are all panicking and OMGing the teams and the coaching team may be rested and organized and thinking it is hysterically funny.

marifran

Who is Carmenlengo? Someone who works with a Carmen or a new kind of lungo?
May be rumor is wrong and it is Carmenlengo who is going to Montreal to work with Montreal team : it would make sens to get so much new teams in there ?!!!

What ? I'm lost again : are you serious Synian ? What was that rumor of someone joining Gatdbois ?
And don't tell me Pasquale is going to Gadbois bringing W/P with a Carmen program for next season, I won't believe you !!!

marifran

I have zero zero inside contacts so if I maybe something it is me just trying to make the pieces of the puzzles fit.A poster here who maybe has no sources either posted a vague story about Camerlengo might go to Russia as well if his children decide they want to stay there. Story says kids will spend the summer there to try it out. So if this is true he doesn't know what he will do yet...Teams need plans so maybe he has worked something out with MFD & patch. Even if he doesn't move there he will make loads of visits to see his kids. You can do choreo. and mentor like that but you cannot run a school. So he may have brought his teams to Gadbois to train and he will be part of their idea magic team but in his absences his teams will have top notch training non-interrupted but he may be head coach for those teams. In that vein Chock and Bates might have sought him out for a coach change and were offered the same terms. Pascal Denis had a team or 2 somewhere else when he joined Gadbois and he brought them with him to Gadbois & remained head coach for them. There are always ways to work things out when everyone is on board with getting the best results for everyone. Reality is often stranger than fiction. So while we are all panicking and OMGing the teams and the coaching team may be rested and organized and thinking it is hysterically funny.

I have no clue at all but it is a fact that Pasquale and Romain both coached MF and Patch in Lyon in the years 2000 (seen them live with my own eyes). These 3 know each other perfectly and are probably getting along well.

Bellanca

Alright then, so in a nutshell where the ice dance teams are going to be training is now a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma? I take a few days off from this thread, only to pop in and discover no one knows where in the world (literally) everyone will land? :skandal :lol: Oh well, as long as they dance!! :) (y)

synian

Pasquale isn't moving up there and PC are not going anywhere.
Ok.. (I don't have any worry about Gabby and Guillaume staying in Montreal) , do you know if there is new coatches in the montreal school ? if yes who they are ?

mysticchic

I don't know if there are any new coaches. But after reading this thread, I text my person there and asked. After they got done laughing that is what they told me. They could be keeping it a secret, but i usually know a month before anything happens. I don't know who this Alain person is, but he sounds like a gossip. My person is asking G&G who he is.

synian

I don't know if there are any new coaches. But after reading this thread, I text my person there and asked. After they got done laughing that is what they told me. They could be keeping it a secret, but i usually know a month before anything happens. I don't know who this Alain person is, but he sounds like a gossip. My person is asking G&G who he is.
It wasn't Alain who suggest Pasquale Carmenlengo coming in the montreal school it was me who has jocking about him coming at the school to stay with some skaters (HB for example ..) because it seems like with new skaters team coming the Montreal school seems growing ... (I was jocking !!)

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
And do you know how many sites I post under other pseudos? Did it even come to your mind?
You don't want to know what comes to my mind.

And why don't you tell us your GS pseudo? So everyone knows, especially in this thread. if you like giving lessons of transparency, why don't you apply them first to yourself?
I'm not a member of GS, hence I have no screen name there.

Thanks for this very humble description of yourself...
I'm proud of all what I achieved in my life. It was a lot of hard work . Too bad if I sound conceited. But I don't care. I'd rather be bold than a false humble aka a hypocrit.

Strangely enough, it's exactly what I was thinking about you when reading your posts, especially when you present yourself as far too educated and far too experienced to even read what I want to say.
You once explained me what it was to be a coach and I've been one so I told you I already knew what it took and meant. You've explained me what cultural differences lead people to do on a forum and I've been on forums since the Internet exists + I've had the opportunity to learn a lot about cultural differences so I told you so. I don't need no education on a few subjects and a lot on others because I love to learn. It happens you broached two subjects I know a lot about.

BTW, for someone who prides himself of having a PhD in psychology
Priding oneself with something and mentionning a background to explain why you a few things on a particular subject are two different things.
it's quite unbelievable that you never got, even one second, the fact that I speak on figure skating forums with my heart
I don't give free consultations. And I'm no cardiologist :D Now, welcome to my IL.

Icetigger

You don't want to know what comes to my mind.

I'm not a member of GS, hence I have no screen name there.

I'm proud of all what I achieved in my life. It was a lot of hard work . Too bad if I sound conceited. But I don't care. I'd rather be bold than a false humble aka a hypocrit.

You once explained me what it was to be a coach and I've been one so I told you I already knew what it took and meant. You've explained me what cultural differences lead people to do on a forum and I've been on forums since the Internet exists + I've had the opportunity to learn a lot about cultural differences so I told you so. I don't need no education on a few subjects and a lot on others because I love to learn. It happens you broached two subjects I know a lot about.

Priding oneself with something and mentionning a background to explain why you a few things on a particular subject are two different things. I don't give free consultations. And I'm no cardiologist :D Now, welcome to my IL.

Maybe you could open up a thread somewhere else where you could just talk about yourself for those who are interested. This one is supposed to be about P/C and related matters.

lauravvv

ewig_fliegende - From what I remember, it was said that the choreography did not really suit Stolbova/Klimov/their style, not that it was "below mediocre".

D

Deleted member 74551

Marie-France may have really missed with S/K, I have no idea but no creative endeavour yields a successful outcome 100% of the time, but I’m not sure how that’s supposed to impact P/C’s development when they’re a) very different skaters and b) have had 4 straight winning FDs from her.

Viscaro

Yeah, plus choreographing for a dance team you know very well and for a pair team you do not know... I do think that P/C and MFD work very well together. They suit each other well. Of course with another team you've just met and have a few days to choreograph on the magic may not be there.

The fact that a team decided to drop her choreography does not make MFD's choreo bad at all.

It does not mean that I want P/C to only skate to MFD's choreo ! I'm curious like a lot of people to see them on a FD by someone else. But if they do keep dancing to her FDs, I will not complain. She's a very interesting choreographer :)

Last edited:

barbarafan

Yeah, plus choreographing for a dance team you know very well and for a pair team you do not know... I do think that P/C and MFD work very well together. They suit each other well. Of course with another team you've just met and have a few days to choreograph on the magic may not be there.

The fact that a team decided to drop her choreography does not make MFD's choero bad at all.

It does not mean that I want P/C to only skate to MFD's choreo ! I'm curious like a lot of people to see them on a FD by someone else. But if they do keep dancing to her FDs, I will not complain. She's a very interesting choreographer :)

She is very good but one of her strengths is she has no problem with embracing other choreog. and works well with them.As well the whole team reviews the programs on an ongoing basis and gives input for improvements as the season evolves. It might not take a village to win a competition but it does take one to build legends.

barbarafan

You know what, they don't need her to win the FDs.

They also don't need sharp blades on their skates to skate well....but you know what....it really does make a difference.
P/C are very intelligent and know what they want and need and who they want breaking down and perfecting all their movements to the tiniest details for hours every day and who they want at the boards willing them to execute perfectly from the bottom of their hearts. I certainly have trust in them and their judgement.

alain06fr

The fact that a team decided to drop her choreography does not make MFD's choreo bad at all.

Several new couples joined Gadbois since Worlds and I wonder whether MFD would be in situation to design 20+ perfect & top level SD+FD choreographies or not. I guess it will take even more time to bring up programs and fine tune them for the new couples as she needs to know about their wishes, their tastes, their expectations, their strengths, their weaknesses, etc. In addition, all programs of all couples need to fully comply with all these new rules in force for the next season. To sum up, a lot of constraints and obviously a lot of work.

As for P/C, the first season of this new Olympic cycle should be definitely a great opportunity to work with other choreographers, in collaboration - or not - with MFD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information