The Carolina Kostner Thread

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Sigh... now she will retire with my other femme fatales Alissa, Kiira, Shizuka and Mao

Kostner ready for one last Olympic skate

"Being here is a huge victory," Kostner said. "The rest is icing on the cake."

"I want to show who I am, how lucky I am to be here, how lucky I feel to be skating such a long career," she said. "To skate at different stages of your life is very special.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2018/02/21/266908174

Dr.Siouxs

Numerically, she is still within striking distance of a medal. But she needs all her content and all the GOEs (and a little help from Osmond, Miyahara, and Sakamoto. :p)

msadot

The Medal gets closer and closer... onto the 50th! She believes it, and so do I (like I stated).

AND... I wouldn't be so sure this will be her last Oly.

:irina1::irina1::irina1::irina1::irina1::irina1::irina1::irina1::irina1::irina1:
:irina1::irina1::irina1::irina1::irina1::irina1::irina1::irina1::irina1::irina1:

Laney

Congratulations Carolina!!!!!!! To achieve what she did - I don´t see any of the current ladies to reach this. She was fabulous. I don´t care if not all her jumps were perfect. It´s a pity about the 3/3 combination. But she had her Lutz back and her overall skating is so superior to the rest of the girls! Thank you Caro!!! This is as skating should be!!!

Sylvia

TBD
Reuters article published after her FS: Obstacles bridged, Kostner savors last Olympics
Excerpts:
A bronze medalist at Sochi four years ago, Kostner failed to make the podium at Pyeongchang but said after her free skate on Friday that she had savored her final Olympic experience.
“Being part of such a high level of figure skating is for me a true honor,” she told reporters after finishing fifth. The Italians finished fourth in the team event.
“For us, Italy placing fourth in the team event with all these big strong nations was such an amazing accomplishment.”
“Carolina is one of the people who motivates me. She is an example of perseverance, of a long-lasting athlete. I have trouble imagining how someone can stay in that shape for a very long time,” she [Medvedeva] said.
“When you see people like Carolina, you understand that if she can do something, then that something is possible. If you love what you do, you put all of yourself into it, like Carolina Kostner.”
Kostner is looking forward to the world championships, which will be held in Milan in March. More long range plans include possibly helping skating to grow in Italy so that young skaters will not have to leave home at 13 the way she did to train.
But retirement is still nowhere on the horizon.
“I don’t know yet, I think I will focus on worlds. Then decisions like that should never be taken in a hot moment, it will naturally come,” she said, citing the example of her cousin Isolde Kostner, an Alpine skier who won three Olympic medals.
”She stopped skiing shortly before the (2006) Olympics in Italy,“ Kostner said. ”Many did not understand why she wouldn’t pull through because it was in her home country, and she said you will strongly feel when it is time to stop.
“And I haven’t felt it yet,” she laughed.

MR-FAN

Kostner Softie
So, not to jinx her or anything, buuuuut! :cool:

If she medals, that would make it 13 years since her first medal. Did anyone win medals 13 years apart before?

Sylvia

TBD
Carolina's "quick quotes" to the ISU after her SP:
I am amazed and happy and joyful to be here. For me it’s a big honor, like a big cherry in the cake. I already felt amazing even before my performance because skating in my home country is so, so special and so emotional. You could feel the silence, you could feel the tears. I could feel the support and the passion. I remember, 15 years ago when I started to compete internationally, nobody came to watch figure skating in Italy and now we fill up this big venue.
(On her plans for the free skate) I hope I’ll be able to show all the elements and want to show how much I love skating.
:)

arakwafan2006

Notable ladies short programs of all
Time

Michelle Kwan 1998 US Nationals

Yu Na Kim. 2014 Olympics

Carolina Kostner 2014 Olympics

Mao Asada. 2014 Worlds

Carolina Kostner. TODAY

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information