Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir # 47: Come What May...

Sonata

[QUOTE="Shayii, post: 5310311, member: 42586"

That clip posted above of the Shibs embracing Tessa and Scott is so sweet. This one of Kaitlyn and Andrew congratulating them is really nice too; look how Kaitlyn runs up to hug Tessa so sweet. It’s nice to see how supportive everyone is. http://icevirtuemoir.tumblr.com/post/171178179670/canadian-ice-dance-family[/QUOTE]

In that picture, you can see Kaitlyn Weaver jumping up and down in the corner until Tessa waves her over. So sweet!

I went to the grocery and they are no longer selling the Virtue Moir cereal boxes. I’m already in withdrawal ....

Golightly

I like Long Time Running, too!

Guys, do we have backstage video of M-F watching Tessa and Scott's FD?

D

Deleted member 74551

https://youtu.be/K4r1P_a_E_k

I love this audience view of the FD. The crowd goes insane, the reaction is incomparable to any other recording of a FD from the stands. They had everyone eating out of their hands from the end of those twizzles. Incredibly risky choreography considering twizzles haven't always been their most consistent element and their timing here needed to be bang on. It paid off.

Love this view as well even though it's not very close up because you can see just how well they interpret the music and really understand tempo changes in a way not many teams do. They're fast of course, but constant speed isn't the aim. Changes of pace and movement don't always fully come off on screen but it's so effective from above.

professordeb

Is it just me or did it lose sound after the end of that?
I had the same thing occur to me except it ended with VM stopped skating. Wonderful to see MF moving around but I found it just as funny watching Patrice. He's on the floor, he's on a platform, he's back down on the floor, now he's back up.
And all the celebrating and hugging afterward. I caught a short glimpse of Scott hugging a woman with longish dark hair and who was shorter that Scott. My thought -- Marina?
Thanks again for the link to @jl22aries

LisaLemon

Ugh I never got the Jim Cuddy tribute on my pvr, it never recorded..I really hope they show it again after the gala on Sunday..I need to have it recorded..:(

Judy

https://youtu.be/K4r1P_a_E_k

I love this audience view of the FD. The crowd goes insane, the reaction is incomparable to any other recording of a FD from the stands. They had everyone eating out of their hands from the end of those twizzles. Incredibly risky choreography considering twizzles haven't always been their most consistent element and their timing here needed to be bang on. It paid off.

Love this view as well even though it's not very close up because you can see just how well they interpret the music and really understand tempo changes in a way not many teams do. They're fast of course, but constant speed isn't the aim. Changes of pace and movement don't always fully come off on screen but it's so effective from above.

The logical part of my brain though thinks ... I would rather watch then tape?

LisaLemon

HELP! Does anyone have Tessa & Scott watching the Pull Me Through tribute? I saw it online somewhere but now can't find it? TY!

Twilight1

I remember watching Tatjana Tarasova at 2001 GPF and it was hilarious watching her move with/ and facial expressions for her skaters, especially Alexei Yagudin.

Marie- France has the dip and nod down pat!!

screech

Still nothing beats watching Brian Orser watch his skaters compete, though. I always wish there would be a spilt-screen of him and his student.

HUGE props to M-F and P for having 2 teams (almost 3) on the podium at their first(?) games as coaches.

Judy

I had the same thing occur to me except it ended with VM stopped skating. Wonderful to see MF moving around but I found it just as funny watching Patrice. He's on the floor, he's on a platform, he's back down on the floor, now he's back up.
And all the celebrating and hugging afterward. I caught a short glimpse of Scott hugging a woman with longish dark hair and who was shorter that Scott. My thought -- Marina?
Thanks again for the link to @jl22aries

Patrice is sooo intense ... and gorgeous lol.

Who is the guy that first joined them in the kiss and cry area after V/M and their coaches hugged? Was he their dance instructor?

Alexandria

Listening to this radio interview, and I love how they not only got multiple messages from Baz Luhrman but even Ewan McGregor's mom sent them a note saying how much she loved the program. That's so random but amazing that Moulin Rouge has been done so many times in figure skating yet they're receiving all this attention for making particularly special.

http://chumam.streamon.fm/listen-pl-6249?smc=11

elisa_p

I have to say...I'm glad I've been SO wrong about MR. When they first choose this, I had doubts if it could compete with a piece like MR and resonate with the audience. Never in my wildest dream did I think it would blow up this big. Although looking back I'm surprised I had doubts because it really is a olympic program catered 100% to the olympic crowds that tune in. It took them a while to get there but I think they had a vision of what they wanted the final product to look like. I honestly think that the experience they go with Sochi was what helped...they knew what didn't work and probably had a idea of what would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information