Some threads in wrong forums

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Trying to resolve the issue as fast as I can but if you spot any that are where they shouldn't be, please send us a reported post. Thanks and apologies!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The Mao cheer thread number 3 got moved from Trashcan to OTBT. Thank you for moving two other threads back to the Trashcan.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
The thread is now in The Archives. There have been no new posts in that thread since early May.
This thread is still surviving in GSD. There have been no new posts in this thread since early March, 2016. What's the difference?
https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/eu-commission-investigating-isu-eligibility-rules.98094/

ETA:
I wish Mao's retirement thread to be back in GSD like other threads whose newest posts are even older than Mao's retirement thread's since there are still people who want to read it like Miki89.

Last edited:

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I'm asking this since I don't know the rule, but how long can a thread survive in GSD after the last new one was posted?

There isn't a hard-and-fast guideline on this, as it's based on when there is time to move them, but threads are usually archived every few months.

I moved the thread back to GSD. It will be moved back to the Archives at some point soon, so be sure Miki89 reads it while she has the chance.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
There isn't a hard-and-fast guideline on this, as it's based on when there is time to move them, but threads are usually archived every few months.

I moved the thread back to GSD. It will be moved back to the Archives at some point soon, so be sure Miki89 reads it while she has the chance.
Thank you Prancer for moving the thread back to GSD for a while.

BTW there are over 40 threads on from page 9 to 13 in GSD whose last messages were posted earlier than Mao's retirement thread's. (Those threads' last messages were posted in 2016.) Seems there aren't many posts on those surviving threads. Is it mean that threads which got lots of messages on them like Mao's retirement thread are earlier to be moved to Archives, or in other words threads which didn't get many messages can be overlooked? If so, I understand why threads on page 9 to 13 are surviving while Mao's retirement thread had to be moved to Archives.

Last edited:

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
One way that threads are archived is to choose a starting point--say, threads in which posts haven't been made since January. We then start with the earliest of those threads and work backward. This keeps us from accidentally moving threads that have more recent posts. Sometimes it can be a while before the older threads get moved because no one has gotten to them yet.

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
One way that threads are archived is to choose a starting point--say, threads in which posts haven't been made since January. We then start with the earliest of those threads and work backward. This keeps us from accidentally moving threads that have more recent posts. Sometimes it can be a while before the older threads get moved because no one has gotten to them yet.
I got it. Thanx for the explanation. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information