Worlds 2024 Women SP: ‘Schizas of Montreal’

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
If you look at where Gubanova's free leg went after landing the first jump, I think she had no leverage to get in the air. Her free leg went very far inside the circle.

Has she commented on what happened?

Sylvia

TBD
If you look at where Gubanova's free leg went after landing the first jump, I think she had no leverage to get in the air. Her free leg went very far inside the circle.

Has she commented on what happened?
From ISU's "Quick Quotes" document (linked from their Worlds event page):
Obviously I am not happy with my skate today. It was tough. I want to make up for it in the free skating. (on
switching the combination to the end of the program and missing it) It just didn’t work today. There are days
when this just happens. (on her preparation) It was easier than last year. I knew how to pace myself, when
to work hard and when to take a rest. I was well prepared. (on what she’s going to do on the day in
between before the Free Skating) Shopping.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
So no technical explanation. Such a shame as she had a good program going.

skatingguy

decently
Apologies if this was discussed up thread, but I am mystified why a skater of Gubanova's experience and skill could not just muscle around a single toe in her combo and get precious extra points. Makes no sense to me. Other skaters have just jumped and rotated from no speed
A single toeloop would have been an invalid combination - needs to be at least a triple-double, or double-triple to get points in the short program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information