Worlds 2024 Pairs FS: ‘The wedgie always gets its woman’

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Listen, folks, the judges went and gave MiuKih the gold last year with excessive GOEs so I'm perfectly fine with SDDes winning this year in the same fashion. Just sayin'...
Honestly yeah. I have no dog in this fight, and can see arguments either way already. Going to be a debate for sure, especially considering Miura & Kihara have never met a line they could match together.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
It's not fair or right, but you know, I won't be upset if the Japanese don't win here because I am small and petty. The Japanese won last year because of home crowd advantage--that competition should have been Alexa's. So if the same thing happens to them this year, I'm not going to cry about the unfairness of it either.
at least Alexa has the Olympic gold medal now

caseyedwards

What the heck was that nonsense reaction? Lol acting like it was peak shen xiao or something and then of course they lose the free skate because — obviously! Joke joke home cooking fixed

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
It's not fair or right, but you know, I won't be upset if the Japanese don't win here because I am small and petty. The Japanese won last year because of home crowd advantage--that competition should have been Alexa's. So if the same thing happens to them this year, I'm not going to cry about the unfairness of it either.
Matry - when did you and I jump into the same brain? :rofl:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Mark just made a remark to that effect (without the pettiness). :lol:

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Listen, folks, the judges went and gave MiuKih the gold last year with excessive GOEs so I'm perfectly fine with SDDes winning this year in the same fashion. Just sayin'...

And Kneirim and Frazier the year before... The judges seem to pick a favorite each year rather than mark what's going on. The favorite usually gets a boost in the short program so that they win overall even if they mess up a bit in the free.

Oh well, I am happy for Stellato even if it should've been a silver medal.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Not mad with the result. The top 2 got thrown excessive GOEs and I think M/K do have the better skating skills, but the performance and composition not so much. Their SP is just miserable and I think Deanna and Max were amazing there, so they rightfully held the win.

Hase and Volodin with more time are the most well-rounded and I think the ones to watch, though.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Aww they lost the free when they won the world title, then won the free when they lost the title.

I think the PCS would have been a bit lower if she hadn’t doubled - I don’t think the judges would have denied Deanna the gold tonight. I’m just happy they were capable of skating fairly cleanly, and hopefully they’ll be back next year with decent programmes :)

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
And Kneirim and Frazier the year before... The judges seem to pick a favorite each year rather than mark what's going on. The favorite usually gets a boost in the short program so that they win overall even if they mess up a bit in the free.

Oh well, I am happy for Stellato even if it should've been a silver medal.
Nah, 2022 was no contest for Alexa and Brandon. Miura and Kihara were lucky to even hold on to second over James and Radford. But I do think they got lucky with their win last year, too.

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
Question - is Deanna the oldest world champion figure skater ever?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information