Worlds 2024 Men SP: ‘No Fan-ada?’

peibeck

Simply looking
Lewton Brain is extremely pleasing to watch. Great spins and tech. Maybe starting to learn at a later age he didn't learn a lot of poor habits early on?

Sally1214

I missed most of the good doctor's program but I sure do have a lot of respect for him being able to even qualify for the Worlds, being in his mid-30s and with everything else going on in his life. And, I know he's happy 'cause he's from Finland ... and the news tells me that pretty much everyone in Finland is happy, so there's that.

skatingguy

decently
Georgii RESHTENKO 🇨🇿
Personal Best: 72.74
Season Best: 72.74
Music: Triple Concerto In C Major, Op. 56: I. Allegro by Ludwig van Beethoven
Coach: Michal Brezina, Adam Solya, Rafael Arutyunyan

2024 National Champion. Finished 9th at 2024 ECh & 26th in his debut at 2023 ECh & 34th at 2023 WCh. 2022 & 2023 National silver medalist. Ranked 11th at 2022 WJCh. Reshtenko is originally from Russia and represents the Czech Republic since 2018. Has relocated to the USA for training. Coach Michal Brezina is a four-time Olympian and is the 2013 European bronze medalist.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Monegasque skater, super! I remember Lucine.
One of the smallest & most gorgeous countries on earth! Lots of great Imperial Russians & famous dancers buried there.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Wow! That's a great score! Might just be enough for the FS. Or not. We'll be on edge for awhile to see if it's good enough.

Karen-W

Georgii needs to lose the gloves if he's going to go with the half-length sleeves.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Is that half sleeve look on purpose or did he just forget to pull his sleeves all the way down before going out to skate?

This kind of high level commentary is why I need to be in Boston next year.

skatingguy

decently
Georgii RESHTENKO 🇨🇿
Coach: M. Brezina, A. Solya, R. Arutyunyan
Music: Triple Concerto in C Major, Allegro

4T+2T
3A
Change Foot Camel Spin 4
2Lz* - invalid element
Step Sequence 3
Fly Sit Spin 4

Change Foot Combo Spin 4

Reshtenko was doing well, but that double solo jump is going to bury him in the standings.

65.35 = 6th Place

Last edited:

slicekw

Searching for a great dog park.
Georgii needs to lose the gloves if he's going to go with the half-length sleeves.
I can totally get behind gloves with a 3/4 length swing coat a la Doris Day or Audrey Hepburn, but agreed that it looks a bit odd with black gloves and a half-sleeve tee. If he needs them to grab a skate, skin-colored would work.

Karen-W

I can totally get behind gloves with a 3/4 length swing coat a la Doris Day or Audrey Hepburn, but agreed that it looks a bit odd with black gloves and a half-sleeve tee. If he needs them to grab a skate, skin-colored would work.
A half-sleeve tee with spikes on it no less!!!

skatingguy

decently
Tomas-Llorenc GUARINO SABATE 🇪🇸
Personal Best: 74.58
Season Best: 71.93
Music: St. James Infirmary Blues by Mario Pezzotta Orchestra, arr. by Cedric Tour
Happy by C2C, arranged by Cedric Tour
Coach: Edoardo De Bernardis, Eva Martinek, Luca Mantovani

Four-time & reigning National Champion. Ranked 18th at 2024 ECh, 12th at 2023 ECh & 22nd in his debut at 2022 ECh. Came 27th at 2023 WCh & 21st at 2022 WCh. Won NRW Trophy & was 2nd at Volvo Cup 2023. Finished 8th at Budapest Trophy & 12th at Autumn Classic 2023. Trains in Italy. Competed for Switzerland until 2019 before representing Spain, his country of birth.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I managed to clear my entire schedule for World's. So far so good. I am enjoying some roasted vegetables for brunch. I know I will be a little nervous about the men's event so I made myself some healthy snacks!!

Healthy snacks? While watching Worlds? 🤯

I was going to watch this on my phone during my commute, but CBC Gem will only let you watch on mobile if you download their app. Well, fcuk you, CBC, I'm going to follow along here. Do your thing, FSU!

Karen-W

To-Llo muscled that 3a, but the combo was messy. He's another skater who is going to just be on the cusp for the FS. Also, St James' Infirmary was much better used by the Baby Brits in ice dance this season.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Woke up a bit ago and saw Brain’s performance first. So happy he’s here, such a nice skater. I was debating whether to unspoil myself on the rest of the previous men and then watch on delay until I caught up, but it’s more fun to nitpick on the judging in realtime rather than after the fact :p

Reshtenko’s program was quite different I thought, especially coming from Solya. On the other hand, I feel like almost every Sabate program is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information