Synchronized Twizzles W:4 M:4
One Foot Turns W:2 M:3
Dance Spin 4
Choreo Assisted Jumps
Choreo Character Step Sequence
Straight Line Lift 4
Diagonal Step Sequence W:3 M:3

Choreo Dance Lift

A very strong performance. The opening 30 seconds of this program is brilliant, and it loses something in the middle. Mark was providing too much explanation of the choreography, and it was taking me out of the performance.

132.12 = 1st Place
222.20 = 1st Place

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
None of it's gonna matter but they are crawling like usual, the partnered elements are CAUTIOUS and her edges are so shallow, they really don't go into the corners at all, should I go on?

I remember I went on this rant during Skate America and then a poster came and said it's her favorite FD of all-time. Okayyyyy.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Nobody commits to a thing as hard as Chock/Bates. As a lover of The Dark Side of the Moon, I’m happy to see a new reinterpretation, tho I hate this music being chopped up.

I hear you, but I felt that they had enough of each song to give a sense of the whole thing.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Don't want them to be 2-time world champs, don't want them to have absurdly undeserved GOEs and PCS. And "no mistakes" according to our Scottish friend?
Madi of course looks beautiful as well all her costumes, but I don't know how the dress relates to time or clock
It's her take on Dali's melty clocks.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Looked slow to me, but they sold it. And it's nice to see them skate it without looking like ghosts.

Cripes, even on USA the feed's terrible. Going back to Mark and Europe.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
You need to sit mom down and have a good talk with her.
Trust - my response was "they're crap" or something to that effect.

ChoBat - agree with @canbelto - lifts looked like work today and they usually are smoother. It doesn't matter. They had a big enough lead from the RD that it's all settled already.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
I get that the ISU is encouraging less dirge-like programs because 1. no one wants a dirge-like program and 2. they want to bring in younger viewers. But Eye of the Tiger is not bringing in younger viewers--I mean, I'm in my 40s and am too young for Rocky to have any real meaning for me (10 when the 80s ended) and you can't bring in new viewers while alienating your base.

This program's message gets more pretentious with each outing. C/B were good, but to me, they skated not to lose. No mistakes but in my eye, kind of cautious. I hope the Italians skate lights-out

Carolla5501

Lala will beat F/G next year. Count on it.

You seem to be laboring under the illusion that reputation judging is not the only thing that matters. This is where you finish this year. This is where you finish last year next year you will move up on the people above you leave

It’s why this is actually the only ice dance event. I’ve watched all season. Who cares it doesn’t matter

Now, maybe the judges will prove me wrong, and actually put the Italians over the Americans or the last Canadiens over the Americans but I’d be shocked. I’m not sure they actually watch the skating.

skatingguy

decently
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI 🇮🇹
Personal Best: 132.34
Season Best: 129.69
Current Rank: 2
Music: Through the Sheets (from "Emily" soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski
Arrival of the Birds (from "The Crimsonwing Mystery of the Flamingos" by The Cinematic Orchestra
A Model of the Universe ("The Theory of Everything" soundtrack) by Johann Johannsson
Closing Credits ("The Dresmaker" soundtrack) by David Hirschfelder
Coach: Barbara Fusar Poli, Roberto Pelizzola

2024 & 2023 European Champions. 2023 World silver medalists. 2022 & 2019 European bronze medalists. 2023 GP Final silver medalists. Six-time & reigning National Champions. Came 4th at 2022 WCh, compete at WCh since 2013. Ranked 5th at 2022 OWG, 10th at 2018 OWG & 14th at 2014 OWG. Started to compete at ECh in 2013. Placed 1st & 2nd in their two GP events in 2023. He is a multiple national medalist in singles and was ranked 18th at 2007 WJCh before focusing on ice dance. His younger brother Andrea competed in ice dance at the international level. She is originally from France.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information