Unpopular Opinions

orbitz

I felt bad for Megan Trainor after she won her Grammy this year for best new artist, and the general public was like WTF? I mean come on - she may not go down in history as one of the greats, but her songs are damn catchy!

Have you seen her video for her new song 'No' ? :scream: I don't care for the song either. I can't stop snickering every time she goes into the talking/rap part, "My name is no, my number is no, ....". Ugh.

I was a huge fan of Paris Hilton's song "Stars Are Blind". Had it downloaded when it first came out (and may actually download it again).

I bought this from itune when it came out, haha. Yes it's mindless and totally forgettable but darn if it isn't catchy while it's playing.

susan6

Two things that the world is currently in a frenzy about, that I could not care less about:
1. Game of Thrones--never watched it....a) don't have HBO and b) will not watch shows that feature a lot of rape
2. Beyonce's Lemonade album/video collection/movie/whatever. Remember when music used to be fun? I miss Prince.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

myhoneyhoney

I HATE Game of Thrones. So many rave about it so I forced myself to watch the 1st season. 2 episodes into the 2nd season I cracked. I wanted to shred that DVD before sending it back to Netflix. UGH! I'll never get those hours back.... never!

ItalianFan

I live in Italy but I HATE soccer which monopolizes the TV here for hours and hours and hours

I don't like any tv show or movie set in dreary medieval times or in the aftermath of some kind of world wide catastophe or with zombies or vampires. I guess that includes about 85% of current stuff.

I hate Matthew McConaughey & Hugh Grant. they both have that insipid kind of face with no personality behind it

When In America I tend to criticize the US and when in Italy, Italy. That manages to make my opinions pretty unpopular on both sides of the Atlantic!

ItalianFan

Almost forgot the most unpopular of all....I couldn't care less about ANY social media. I don't follow anybody anywhere nor do I post photos of what I ate for brunch or the tropical beach I'm presently lounging on on instagram. I realize that if you're a celeb your fans are your bread and butter and you gotta give 'em something to feed on otherwise they'll abandon you for the competition. but it is really all just "fried air" as the Italians say.

tamuno

Game of Thrones, Outlander, Borgias - foul TV. Stay away from them, people!! Just previews and reviews of Game of Thrones was enough for me. Outlander I was lucky to make up my mind after just the first episode where I understand 'nothing' happened compared to what the show degenerated to. Diana Gabaldon scares me and as a woman, I have no idea what goes on in her mind in what she chooses to 'dramatize'.

Do people not feel ridiculous waiting year after year for 'Grey's Anatomy'?? At this point after 87yrs, what else is there that entertains?????

gkelly

I can't watch network sitcoms anymore. That was a big part of my TV watching when I was younger, but both I and the television landscape have changed.

I can barely stand the least-common-denominator obviousness of network writing, acting, and directing any more. And I prefer long-term storylines to standalone plots that are quickly resolved.

I don't like to read or write short stories either.

I do enjoy good physical comedy or verbal wit, but it has to be pretty darn special to make up for stupid plotting.

foul TV. Stay away from them, people!!

Make up your own minds, people!!

If the subject matter or what you've heard of the general tone of a show doesn't interest you, you can choose to stay away.

If you think you might be interested, read what others think of them, positive and negative, read reviews, watch trailers, and/or watch a first episode; and decide for yourself.

If you don't like it, stop watching and maybe let others know why.

Ignore directives that you must watch or must not watch based on someone else's reactions.

screech

I live in Italy but I HATE soccer which monopolizes the TV here for hours and hours and hours
This is like me, a Canadian, and hockey. Can't stand it.

Add me as another who has no desire to watch Game of Thrones. And I hate that other TV shows reference it, or build episodes around it (like last week's Big Bang Theory), and I hate it when late night shows make huge skits about it. Same thing with Empire.

I always thought JC Chasez was the most talented member of NSync - way better than Justin Timberlake.

I don't get the love for Channing Tatum. Especially lately - he looks like someone who would sweat all over you and like his sweat would be smelly. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's how he looks to me.

I have never watched Modern Family, nor do I plan on it, because Sofia Vergara bugs me. She can be hilarious in interviews, but she comes across as a caricature.

This unpopular opinions thread is making me come across as a very catty person, but oh well, we're all entitled to opinions.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !

When In America I tend to criticize the US and when in Italy, Italy. That manages to make my opinions pretty unpopular on both sides of the Atlantic!

First, I can't stand soccer and I hate that it takes precedent over every other sports (like skating :angryfire) in a whole lot of countries.
As for criticisms, same, when I'm in Turkey I criticize Turkey and the opposite when I'm in France. Does that make us grumpy and obnoxious ??? Probably :saint:
@screech this thread does make us sound like catty people but it's healthy to be able to vent once and a while. Why would be bother with forums otherwise. Better here than annoying our friends and family.

VGThuy

I don't find Amy Schumer that funny. I was forced to watch Trainwreck the other night and I didn't think it was that funny. The jokes seemed very easy and I didn't find the delivery of said lines to really work. I was impressed with Brie Larson's acting though. In some ways I thought it was a bit more impressive than her award-winning performance in Room just because it had to be harder to make something deep out of that character in that movie. This is not an unpopular opinion, but from the few Judd Apatow films I've seen, I feel like they could have shaved another hour off and it would have the same effect.

Rob

Beach Bum
I can't watch network sitcoms anymore. That was a big part of my TV watching when I was younger, but both I and the television landscape have changed.
Any comedy show with a laugh track becomes completely unfunny to me.

Japanfan

I both hate and love Bill Maher. So is this a popular or unpopular opinion? :confused:

I don't know, but I share it.

He did a routine in response to a woman getting in trouble for breastfeeding at an Appleby's (sp?) restaurant several years ago, and it was tinged with a bit of misogyny. But I couldn't help myself from laughing all the way through.

And there was another, also from some years back, where he did a number on how he wished had had known about the possibility of high school shootings when he was a high school student. It was so funny.

skatepixie

I don't like chocolate.

I HATE yogurt -- it smells like vomit to me.

Star Wars is boring.

Most action movies are rather dull to me -- the characters are rarely interesting enough for me to care.

I don't "get" the Hamilton musical. It seems like a dumb rip-off of a Schoolhouse Rock episode gone very wrong -- or like something a bunch of drunk guys would come up with on a dare. I can't understand why it's a real hit. 1776 is the good musical about the Founding Fathers -- this thing is a joke.

I'm not into babies. Please don't make me hold yours -- rocking back and forth makes me ill, and I'm too static for the kid not to scream his head off. I adopted older kids on purpose, I'm really not deprived of the baby stage, I promise. :)

I don't like the beach. I don't like pools. I don't understand what's so fun about large amounts of water. A tropical vacation seems boring as heck to me.

Speaking of -- most things people find "relaxing," I find so boring they make me want to kill somebody to get some excitement around here. We're talking adult coloring, knitting, etc. Repetitive boring stuff isn't soothing to me, it's dull.

I like Twilight.

And most unpopular -- on this thread at least -- I don't mind being called a housewife or a homemaker or whatever. Stay-at-home mom seems like a misnomer, though -- I don't stay at home, I run an unpaid taxi service for aspiring dancers and gymnasts. :p

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
I don't like chocolate.

I'm not into babies. Please don't make me hold yours -- rocking back and forth makes me ill, and I'm too static for the kid not to scream his head off. I adopted older kids on purpose, I'm really not deprived of the baby stage, I promise. :)

yep, I don't get the fascination about babies and toddlers. On the other hand, I really enjoy interacting with older kids who are able to express themselves. Love having conversation with them, their point of views can be original and funny. One thing always makes me sad is when in a gathering of adults and kids, the ones attracting the most attention are the little ones and no one could care less what the 7 yr old and above are doing, they're not as cute anymore for many adults (maybe it's just my surroundings). Yet, most toddlers do the same funny stuff, it gets old a bit. How many times am I gonna have to be amazed by a 2 yr old dancing ????

VGThuy

I don't like chocolate.

I HATE yogurt -- it smells like vomit to me.

Star Wars is boring.

Most action movies are rather dull to me -- the characters are rarely interesting enough for me to care.

I don't "get" the Hamilton musical. It seems like a dumb rip-off of a Schoolhouse Rock episode gone very wrong -- or like something a bunch of drunk guys would come up with on a dare. I can't understand why it's a real hit. 1776 is the good musical about the Founding Fathers -- this thing is a joke.

I don't like the beach. I don't like pools. I don't understand what's so fun about large amounts of water. A tropical vacation seems boring as heck to me.

Speaking of -- most things people find "relaxing," I find so boring they make me want to kill somebody to get some excitement around here. We're talking adult coloring, knitting, etc. Repetitive boring stuff isn't soothing to me, it's dull.

I like Twilight.

And most unpopular -- on this thread at least -- I don't mind being called a housewife or a homemaker or whatever. Stay-at-home mom seems like a misnomer, though -- I don't stay at home, I run an unpaid taxi service for aspiring dancers and gymnasts. :p

In the context of this thread and this forum, this is an unpopular opinion post done right.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
You know those people who are all, "I can't wait to just soak in the tub with a glass of wine"? I'm not that person. I find baths really boring. Like, what am I doing just sitting here in all this water? There are other things I could be doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information