U.S. Ice Dance 2022-23 news & updates

Debbie S

I feel like Latin and hip hop have been the only two rhythms selected for the past 84 years, so maybe it’s more a case of these teams not having experienced skating any other rhythms besides these two.
Quickstep/Finnstep in 2020 and 2021. And tango in 2019. :) Hip hop and Latin have been the most recent ones, so it's not surprising teams would choose what they remember best. And some of the teams haven't been together for more than a season or two.

Last edited:

coralline

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

litenkyckling

Also in Marina's group: Zoe Larson/Andrii Kapran, ice dancers who represent Ukraine.

ICYMI: In observation of International Dance Day on Apr 29, USFS Fan Zone asked U.S. senior dancers about their favorite rhythm dance style, and published answers from nine couples, from (alphabetically) the Browns to Zingas/Kolesnik.

I’d love to see Christin and Anthony tackle a tango again - glad he agrees! I think theirs was quite impressive given they were 17/18 so I’d like to see what they can bring now they’re older and more experienced (and in Christina’s case - so much improved)

ice coverage

Last edited:

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Seriously, now who ended the Wolfkostin/Chen partnership? And if he did, who is he with? :watch::nopryde:
Pretty sure, based on the IG posts at the time, that Chen was the one who ended it. But, who knows? It might have been a situation of just ripping a band-aid off a wound that just wasn't healing.

Ena Grins

Well, I really liked Flores/Tsarevski together, and I like Flores/Desyatov from the little we've gotten to see them, so hoping I'll like this team too. Of all the ice dance permutations though, this is not one I had anywhere on my radar. 👀👀👀

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information