TV & streaming coverage for WC in Montréal, Canada

text_skate

Sorry guys to start this thread with German TV coverage, but here it is (only free TV)

ONE
Thursday, 21.03.24
15:25 Zusammenfassung SP Ladies

Friday, 22.03.24
15:30 Zusammenfassung Pairs Free

Saturday, 23.03.24
15:30 Zusammenfassung Ladies Free

Sunday, 24.03.24
15:30 Zusammenfassung Men Free
23:15 Gala

----

Eurosport 1
Wednesday, 20 Mrz live
17:30 (3h:15min) Pairs SP

Thursday, 21 Mrz live
23:00 (4h:00min) Pairs Free

Friday, 22 Mrz Aufzeichnung
22:00 (1h:00min) not specified

Freitag, 22 Mrz live
23:05 (3h:55min) Men Free

as of now no Dance coverage on TV

Japanfan

I would like to watch the ISU coverage but am sure CBC in Canada will block it. Is the solution to that a VPN? Can someone explain how to do that? Thanks in advance.

skatingguy

decently
I would like to watch the ISU coverage but am sure CBC in Canada will block it. Is the solution to that a VPN? Can someone explain how to do that? Thanks in advance.
The CBC will not be blocking the ISU coverage - Skate Canada will be. Skate Canada has the broadcast rights to ISU events held in Canada, and they decide who gets to broadcast the event.

Sylvia

TBD
For anyone who would like to use a VPN to watch the Skating ISU YT channel's livestreams, here's a thread re. VPN tips/advice to check out: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/vpn-tips-advice-recommendations-etc.109926/

CBC Sports TV & Live Streaming schedule: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/streaming-schedule?sport=Figure+Skating
Meagan Duhamel will commentate for CBC's Worlds coverage (singles & pairs) with Kurt Browning & Brenda Irving.

ETA - U.S. TV coverage will be on the USA cable network with the Men's FS live on NBC: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ule-on-nbc-peacock.111059/page-5#post-6565188 (will post in this thread after the times are confirmed)

Last edited:

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
For anyone who would like to use a VPN to watch the Skating ISU YT channel's livestreams, here's a thread re. VPN tips/advice to check out: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/vpn-tips-advice-recommendations-etc.109926/

CBC Sports TV & Live Streaming schedule: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/streaming-schedule?sport=Figure+Skating

ETA - U.S. TV coverage will be on the USA cable network with the Men's FS live on NBC: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ule-on-nbc-peacock.111059/page-5#post-6565188 (will post in this thread after the times are confirmed)
RE: CBC TV coverage - BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR LOCAL TV LISTINGS!

Based on my local schedule, I believe that the CBC TV coverage will be what is currently shown as streaming, i.e. late night on the 20th, evening on the 21st and 22nd, afternoon & late night on the 23rd plus noon (or 1 p.m) on the 24th. That means that there will be some coverage that is tape delayed.

All the rest of the coverage will be streamed.

Last edited:

Alilou

Ubercavorter
RE: CBC TV coverage - BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR LOCAL TV LISTINGS!

Based on my local schedule, I believe that the CBC TV coverage will be what is currently shown as streaming, i.e. late night on the 20th, evening on the 21st and 22nd, afternoon & late night on the 23rd plus noon (or 1 p.m) on the 24th. That means that there will be some coverage that is tape delayed.

All the rest of the coverage will be streamed.
Broadcast (cable)TV (and just to make things confusing this coverage that is made for cable TV and will have CBC's own commentators, Kurt, Megan, etc. will also be available on Gem). All times Pacific.

Thursday 12.30am-2.30am
Friday 5-7pm
Saturday noon-2pm
Saturday 11pm-1am

I'm quite confident the entire competition will also be streamed live on Gem with the ISU feed. Their streaming schedule indicates this (even if it's a bit loosey-goosey atm).

Last edited:

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Broadcast (cable)TV (and just to make things confusing this coverage that is made for cable TV and will have CBC's own commentators, Kurt, Megan, etc. will also be available on Gem). All times Pacific.

Thursday 12.30am-2.30am
Friday 5-7pm
Saturday noon-2pm
Saturday 11pm-1am

I'm quite confident the entire competition will also be streamed live on Gem with the ISU feed. Their streaming schedule indicates this (even if it's a bit loosey-goosey atm).

Your times would be for the Pacific time zone, I believe :)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
CBC will not block it - they are going to stream it on Gem. And as @Lil Sarah says, probably you'll also be able to get it on YouTube.

Skate Canada started their own new "streaming" channel on DailyMotion in a collaboration with CBC but it is only for local comps - eg Skate Canada International and nationals

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I hope that the Peacock stream will be free of comment and, if with comment, that it be anyone but A&A.

Sylvia

TBD
Bringing this over from the TV Alerts subforum:
The CBC live stream does not let you rewind and I agree it often takes a while for the replay to be posted.
I don't know if radio canada will have French commentary on their feed (maybe only for the free skates? that's what I recall last year). But their streams do allow you to rewind about 30 minutes and the link for the live stream is the same as the replay so you can watch it right away. Here is the link for the pairs short: https://ici.radio-canada.ca/sports/...x-patinage-artistique-programme-court-couples

ETA that Peacock's event start times have not all been updated yet to match the detailed schedule, but should be by next week.

Last edited:

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I hope that the Peacock stream will be free of comment and, if with comment, that it be anyone but A&A.
And I imagine that it's Tara and Johnny with perhaps Terry Gannon and Ben Agosto. I'm probably wrong about all of this, but I would love it if Ben Agosto did the commentary for Ice Dance.

Thanks also for sharing that Peacock already has the events and times listed. I'll add them to My stuff, also.

Simone411

I'm at Peacock now, and just added the events to My Stuff. I noticed that the Men's Free Skate is the only event that includes the World Feed which begins March 23rd at 5 p.m. Central (6 p.m. Eastern). I added the World feed to My Stuff because it begins earlier than the regular feed for the Men's Free Skate which begins at 7 p.m. Central (8 p.m. Eastern).

Edited to add the date.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I'm at Peacock now, and just added the events to My Stuff. I noticed that the Men's Free Skate is the only event that includes the World Feed which begins March 23rd at 5 p.m. Central (6 p.m. Eastern). I added the World feed to My Stuff because it begins earlier than the regular feed for the Men's Free Skate which begins at 7 p.m. Central (8 p.m. Eastern).

Edited to add the date.
The only reason it says World Feed is because there are two options for this event only (for now, or maybe for good)- the other being on NBC primetime. Peacock always has given the option to also watch the network version, to which a poster or two usually spontaneously combusts upon hearing Tara and Johnny.

The rest of the events are World Feed by default, and don't need to be distinguished because of other options.

Simone411

The only reason it says World Feed is because there are two options for this event only (for now, or maybe for good)- the other being on NBC primetime. Peacock always has given the option to also watch the network version, to which a poster or two usually spontaneously combusts upon hearing Tara and Johnny.

The rest of the events are World Feed by default, and don't need to be distinguished because of other options.
Thanks, Tony. What I'm confused about is that the times are different. The Mens Free Dance (World Feed) begins at 5 p.m. Central (6 p.m. Eastern) whereas the regular feed begins at 7 p.m. Central (8 p.m. Eastern).

Would this mean that we have two more extra hours of coverage to watch on the World Feed?

Sylvia

TBD
I've updated the U.S. TV schedule (USA cable network and Men's FS live on NBC) in TV Alerts: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ule-on-nbc-peacock.111059/page-5#post-6566173
The Peacock Twitter X rep whatever claims that they were..the schedule has been updated ..but not the grid.
rep = bot? ;) Peacock's grid, or individual tiles' start times that are currently off, should be updated by next week eta - the event start times appear to match Peacock's schedule now: https://www.peacocktv.com/sports/skating
Would this mean that we have two more extra hours of coverage to watch on the World Feed?
Yes, Peacock livestreams everything; NBC will cover the last part of the Men's FS live.

Last edited:

Simone411

puglover

I will be in the US staying at my daughters. I am not sure if they have Peacock as I know they don't watch much tv. I probably won't be able to get the ISU channel or CBC and I really don't want NBC. Is that likely all I can get?

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I'm afraid so. I mean, there's the USA cable channel, but they're NBC's sister channel and I'm pretty sure they'll also have TT&J.

Sylvia

TBD
USFS' Instagram post earlier today confirmed the U.S. TV times (2nd photo) that I had posted in the TV Alerts subforum: https://www.instagram.com/p/C4jEYJFPQPU/

USA cable network (Eastern time) with the NBC crew:
Thursday, March 21 1:00-3:00 PM [Women SP - taped on. Wed.]
Thursday, March 21 3:00-5:00 PM [Men SP live ends right before 5 pm]
Thursday, March 21 8:00-10:00 PM [Pairs FS live ends right before 10 pm]
Friday, March 22 8:00 PM-10:00 [Women FS live ends right before 10 pm]
Saturday, March 23 3:00-5:00 PM [Free Dance live ends right before 5 pm]; top RDs shown on tape?

On NBC:
Saturday, March 23 Men's Free Skate 8:00-10:00 pm LIVE

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I will be in the US staying at my daughters. I am not sure if they have Peacock as I know they don't watch much tv. I probably won't be able to get the ISU channel or CBC and I really don't want NBC. Is that likely all I can get?
If you have a Peacock account then you can log in from any smart device and watch or stream to any smart TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information