TV & streaming coverage for Skate America 2023

Sylvia

TBD
What is known in the U.S. as of Oct. 13, 2023 (ETA the combined TV/streaminng schedule now posted in the TV Alerts subform):

All times Eastern, check local listings, subject to change

DateCompetitionTime (ET)Platform
Oct. 19Skate America (Practice Cam)11 a.m.-5:05 p.m.Peacock
Oct. 20Skate America (Practice Cam)11 a.m.-4:05 p.m.Peacock
Oct. 20Skate America Pairs’ Short7:25-8:35 p.m.Peacock
Oct. 20Skate America Day 17:30-10:30 p.m.E!, Peacock
Oct. 20Skate America Men’s Short8:50-10:21 p.m.Peacock
Oct. 21Skate America Practice Cam9 a.m.-2:05 p.m.Peacock
Oct. 21Skate America Rhythm Dance3-4:21 p.m.Peacock
Oct. 21Skate America Pairs’ Free4:55-5:55 p.m.Peacock
Oct. 21Skate America Women’s Short7:15-8:45 p.m.Peacock
Oct. 21Skate America Day 28-11 p.m.E!, Peacock
Oct. 21Skate America Men’s Free9-11:25 p.m.Peacock
Oct. 22Skate America Practice Cam10:50 a.m.-1:15 p.m.Peacock
Oct. 22Skate America Highlights12-2 p.m.NBC*
Oct. 22Skate America Free Dance2:10-3:46 p.m.Peacock
Oct. 22Skate America Day 33-6 p.m.E!, Peacock
Oct. 22Skate America Women’s Free4-5:50 p.m.Peacock
Oct. 22Skate America Gala8:30-11 p.m.Peacock

Peacock Premium has 4 Practice Cam tiles up - start times match the colored schedule: https://results.isu.org/schedules/gpusa2023_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf
Thursday, October 19 11:00 am Eastern time
October 20 11:00 am ST
October 21 9:00 am ET
October 22 10:50 am ET

My unofficial hearsay is that there likely will be replays on demand available for a short time (up to 48 hours like the 2nd half of last season?) after the event.

===

CBC Sports' streaming schedule (@shutterbug posted this link in the TV Alerts subforum): https://www.cbc.ca/sports/streaming-schedule?sport=Figure+Skating

From the ISU's Grand Prix preview article (Oct. 13): "The ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating events will be live streamed on the official ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating YouTube Channel in most countries. Find out Where to watch the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating competitions."

Last edited:

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I wish replays were for a week. I like to re-watch the whole event when I get home to relive all the fun and see it from a different view. At least E/NBC will have some coverage I can watch when I get home.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I wish replays were for a week. I like to re-watch the whole event when I get home to relive all the fun and see it from a different view. At least E/NBC will have some coverage I can watch when I get home.
I continue to pay for VPN to make sure I can watch the ISU stream and replays. They’re typically available for a longer period than the Peacock ones.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I continue to pay for VPN to make sure I can watch the ISU stream and replays. They’re typically available for a longer period than the Peacock ones.
Yeah I have VPN but I cannot get it to cast to my TV. I just need to get a larger screen laptop.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Yeah I have VPN but I cannot get it to cast to my TV. I just need to get a larger screen laptop.
Is your tv smart? My Fire 📺 supports the Nord app, so I just go to Luxembourg on the TV then fired the YouTube app.

Sylvia

TBD
Australia's SBS:
"It all kicks off with the first leg of the ISU Grand Prix in Allen, USA, where the first events will be live from 10:25am on Saturday [Oct. 21], 5am on Sunday and again on Monday [Oct. 23] at 5am, before the Skate America event concludes at 2pm."

Sylvia

TBD
NBC Sports' press release (Oct. 18):
For all coverage on E! (which is simulstreamed on Peacock) and the NBC encore, Terry Gannon handles play-by-play, joined by 1998 Nagano Olympic gold medalist Tara Lipinski and three-time U.S. champion Johnny Weir. 2006 Olympic silver medalist Ben Agosto will serve as an analyst on ice dance coverage, and Andrea Joyce will serve as reporter.
In addition to competition coverage, Peacock will stream the Humana Skate America Practice Cam live starting on Thursday, Oct. 19, at 11 a.m. ET. The Humana Skate America Practice Cam will continue throughout the weekend; full details are below.

Carolla5501

So it sounds like Peacock doesn’t get the “paid by the word” commentary?

Never mind 😞 apparently Peacock will get it.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
So it sounds like Peacock doesn’t get the “paid by the word” commentary?

Never mind 😞 apparently Peacock will get it.
Says who? It should be no commentary on Peacock, unless one opts to see the multiple-discipline feeds used by E! And NBC. Remember last year when they tried to sneak in Ashley Wagner or Ben Agosto? Ooooo…we made noise!

Sylvia

TBD
Based on Louise Walden-Edwards' Instagram stories, she has flown to Dallas ... presumably to participate in the ISU's world feed coverage? British Eurosport more likely.

Saw today on Twitter/X this from Mark Hanretty: "I’m doing ISU stream at 4 events but not America."

ETA: Chris Howarth is commentating on the ISU's world feed.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Ugh. I might have to try and set up the laptop and a mobile hotspot for Peacock tomorrow for the RD and Pairs FS. That'll be tomorrow morning's project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information