The Dance Hall 10: The Saitama Samba 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taso

I’m sorry too, as I like them.

Which reminds me of something. Food poisoning seems to be weirdly common in skating—so often that is the reason given for a withdrawal. Anyone on this board have a clue as to why this would be? I mean, food poisoning is not all that common in other spheres of life.

I’ve wondered about this for a long time!
I have wondered if the many stresses connected to jet lag, time differences, you might nit normally eat and the stressors of competition itself might make some peoples' digestive systems more overreactive

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I have wondered if the many stresses connected to jet lag, time differences, you might nit normally eat and the stressors of competition itself might make some peoples' digestive systems more overreactive
As someone with surgically repaired innards, I’m sure any sensitivity or food allergy is magnified by travel, stress and foreign food. Speaking from experience.

barbarafan

Grimm/Savitskiy are out of the FD today. Darya has food poisoning plus a fever. :wuzrobbed (Cross-posted in the competition forum.)

Oh no!! they are such a good likable team. Hope it doesn't last long.

barbarafan

I think I'd have to agree - in fact I'd be more tempted to have them at the Ontario school - while the environment is likely not as high pressure I think that the coaching staff there could be a really good fit for them.
will never happen. le sigh....PPL do not leave scarboro unless they die. They were brilliant at nationals...not sure why they were a bit off last night. They needed to bring their A plus game.

Former Lurve Goddess

I’m sorry too, as I like them.

Which reminds me of something. Food poisoning seems to be weirdly common in skating—so often that is the reason given for a withdrawal. Anyone on this board have a clue as to why this would be? I mean, food poisoning is not all that common in other spheres of life.

I’ve wondered about this for a long time!
People often mistake noroviruses and other stomach bugs as "food poisoning."

Rafter

Imaging what Paul’s career could’ve looked like for the last decade 🙃

He probably wouldn’t have had such good programs….Joni Mitchell, Hitchcock, Starry Night etc.

As for B/B, I’m surprised people think they should switch. They did just win the JGPF in Dec after all. Plus, their Red Violin program has got to be one of the best FDs, junior or senior, this year. That said, I think the soft approach for the RD was a mistake. Yesterday it didn’t hold up against all the dramatic RDs.

Bigbird

He probably wouldn’t have had such good programs….Joni Mitchell, Hitchcock, Starry Night etc.

As for B/B, I’m surprised people think they should switch. They did just win the JGPF in Dec after all. Plus, their Red Violin program has got to be one of the best FDs, junior or senior, this year. That said, I think the soft approach for the RD was a mistake. Yesterday it didn’t hold up against all the dramatic RDs.
It was fabulous and could have scored great but they botched the pattern sequences.

Marta24

Andrea82

Junior Gran Prix spots for next seasons (if I counted correctly)

2 entries in 7 events: Czech Republic, South Korea, Canada

1 entry in 7 events: Great Britain, USA, France (I guess they will all get the opportunity of 2 entries as Korea and Czech Republic may not be able to fill all their spots)

1 entry in 6 events: Cyprus, Israel, Ukraine, Germany

1 entry in 5 events: Japan, Italy, Georgia

1 entry in 4 events: Switzerland, China, Poland, Austria

1 entry in 3 events: Spain, Turkey, Hungary, Belgium, Hungary, Mexico

1 entry in 2 events: everybody else

Last edited:

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Junior Gran Prix spots for next seasons (if I counted correctly)

a) 2 entries in 7 events: Czech Republic, South Korea, Canada

b) 1 entry in 7 events: Great Britain, USA, France (I guess they will all get the opportunity of 2 entries as Korea and Czech Republic may not be able to fill all their spots)

c) 1 entry in 6 events: Cyprus, Israel, Ukraine, Germany

1 entry in 5 events: Japan, Italy, Georgia

1 entry in 4 events: Switzerland, China, Poland, Austria

1 entry in 3 events: Spain, Turkey, Hungary, Belgium, Hungary

1 entry in 2 events: everybody else
Nice list. For one entry in 3 events, add Mexico to the list.

For reallocation of spots, the rule is

Additional Entries
For Ice Dance if any ISU Member mentioned under a) to c) does not use its right to enter Skaters in the
competition concerned, this slot will be given to the first ISU Member, mentioned under b) for an additional
entry.
If another ISU Member mentioned under a) to c) does not use its right to enter Skaters in the competition
concerned, this slot will be given to the second ISU Member mentioned under b). If all ISU Members under b)
receive the right of a second entry, all further places not used will not be considered for replacement. The order
of priority as listed has to be observed.
I've added the a) to c) signs to @Andrea82's post to show which countries this applies to. If CZE, KOR, CAN, CYP, ISR, UKR, or GER give back any spots, then they go to the group B nations in the order they finished. Who is likely to give back spots? The Czech Republic had four junior teams compete at their junior nationals this year--not sure how many are aging out and how many novices they have that might move up, but it seems likely they would not use all theirs. Ditto with Korea (2 junior dance teams competed at its nationals). Canada is likely keeping all of theirs. Cyprus: their junior team at Worlds is young enough to stay junior so it may depend how many other CypRUSSIANs there are next season. There was only one Cypriot team on the JGP this season. Ditto with Israel, except add any new Rent-an-American and Rent-a-Canadian teams. Ukraine had three teams on the JGP this season so hopefully they can use all their spots next season. Same with Germany who had four teams on the JGP circuit this past season.

GBR had 3 teams at its junior nationals this season so we'll have to wait and see if there's a bunch of novice teams in the wings who decide to move up and use any additional spots. The US has 1 JGP team aging out and 2 wonderful little teams aging in, so hopefully the US would use any spots it is reallocated (though they have left a few on the table several times the last few years). France also would have no trouble filling any reallocated spots.

Dobre

Whoo hooo!

(I'm currently working my way through the Junior Worlds free dances and just need to post to somebody right now to say ha! Hauer & Starr accomplished just what I thought they might:). Once in a blue moon, one's 🔮 turns out to work, even when one predicts dance results against the grain).

Kudos to both H&S and Carhart & Horovyi for doing their best at their first Junior Worlds. Also, I enjoyed the cheerleader program. And happily Alexei Kiliakov the younger appears to have had a growth spurt:). Off to watch the rest.

Dobre

Oh, yes. I was going to note here that Carhart & Kolosovskyi do indeed appear to have been named to the Worlds berth for Azerbaijan following their 0.04 win over Ritter & Brykalov at the Bavarian Open.

Andrea82

Mrazkova/Mrazek are the first Junior World winners not from North America or Russia since Sylwia Novak/Sebastian Kalasinski's win in 1994.

Going back checking past results, I had totally forgotten Grethe Grünberg/Kristjan Rand finished second in 2007. That edition also featured Benoit Richaud in 7th and Matteo Zanni (post-Cappellini) in 8th position.

Last edited:

lauravvv

Kudos to both H&S and Carhart & Horovyi for doing their best at their first Junior Worlds. Also, I enjoyed the cheerleader program.
No congratulations to Neset/Markelov 🤔 ? Okay, I am joking 😀. It just seemed like you were congratulating the US teams and omitting the highest finisher among them who also did their best at their first Junior Worlds. But I guess you were just congratulating some of your favorites.

Dobre

No congratulations to Neset/Markelov 🤔 ? Okay, I am joking 😀. It just seemed like you were congratulating the US teams and omitting the highest finisher among them who also did their best at their first Junior Worlds. But I guess you were just congratulating some of your favorites.
No, I was responding as I watched to Hauer & Starr's placement in first after they skated. Neset & Markelov had not skated yet (in my replay).

The team I personally was rooting for had to pull out:cry:.

Dobre

O, my bad - I didn't pay attention to the time. I apologize.
No, I'm behind & having to watch everything late because I was working last week. If I could have watched the event live, I'd have put the comment in the play-by-play thread, but the conversation in those usually dies once the event is over.

It would be fair to say that Tkachenko & Kiliakov are favorites of mine. I have liked them since I first saw them in novices at the 2017 Kansas City Nationals. (Hence, I can appreciate that he's grown because there were times when I had doubts!)

yurokis40

World junior dance the czecks and canadians, gold and silver in that order in my book, the korean team finishing 2nd was a big joke they had overlooked mistakes in their free dance and him as a skater is nowhere comparable to mrazek or Peter beaumont, this was Marie-france and IAM politicking at its best.

yurokis40

I just hope Piper and Paul don`t get robbed at worlds in a few weeks just because of one missed international this year, there programs are superior in every aspect to chock and bates this year heck even the canadanes deserve to finish ahead, I just hope the judging is fair and canada doesn`t get lowballed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information