Royalty Thread #7: Do They Get Frequent Flier Miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatesindreams

Lorac

A Thanksgiving service was held today ay St Pauls Cathedral for the Queens 90th Birthday as this is the official celebration weekend with the Trooping of the Colour tomorrow and a huge street party on the Mall on Sunday. The service today was attended by over 2000 invited guests with many members of the royal family in attendance. The Queen looked glorious in Primrose yellow and the Duchesses of Cornwall and Cambridge as well as the Countess of Wessex and the Princess Royal all looked lovely. Princess Eugene looked lovely as well but Princess Beatrice really needs some fashion advice IMHO.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...en-s-90th-birthday-ahead-weekend-parties.html

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
The Queen looked really cute in her yellow dress. :) Aside from that, I think I liked Eugenie's dress best.
I totally agree. Lady Louise needs some help.....I am sure she is at an awkward age and will grow into herself.

I kept seeing women's stockings wrinkled around their ankles. At least I hope it was just the stockings. I thought Kate's dress, tho' lovely, was washed out. Perhaps that was intentional so as not to outshine anyone.

skatesindreams

Most of the "principals" at these functions seemingly make an effort to coordinate their attire.
Certainly, no one wants to "outshine" the Queen.

PDilemma

I totally agree. Lady Louise needs some help.....I am sure she is at an awkward age and will grow into herself.

I kept seeing women's stockings wrinkled around their ankles. At least I hope it was just the stockings. I thought Kate's dress, tho' lovely, was washed out. Perhaps that was intentional so as not to outshine anyone.

Lady Louise is 12 years old. I firmly believe that 12 year olds get a free pass rather than calls for fashion help. She looks just fine.

Lorac

Lady Louise is 12 years old. I firmly believe that 12 year olds get a free pass rather than calls for fashion help. She looks just fine.

I agree. She looks tall for her age and that explains the totally flat shoes. Give her a few years and she will grow more confident and into herself. And as you say she is only 12 - she gets all the free passes she wants at the moment. She actually looked more natural a few weeks back at the equestrian event held at Windsor in honour of the Queen when she accompanied her father the Earl of Wessex on horseback honouring the Queen's love of horses. It was pleasant to see the entire Wessex family there today - I think it was Marquis Severn's first public appearance other than on the balcony at Buckingham Palace.

MsZem

I see the sea
In addition to HM; Catherine was particularly lovely today. IMO.
Not a fan - the front of her coat dress looks like someone had glued on a doily. Young James was right to side-eye it. The Princess Royal had much more interesting detailing on her outfit and a better hat.

I'm going to go with Lady Gabriella Windsor for coat dress of the day.

Lady Louise is lovely. What, did someone have a problem with her fascinator or whatever that was? She looked wonderful and appropriate.

It was pleasant to see the entire Wessex family there today - I think it was Marquis Severn's first public appearance other than on the balcony at Buckingham Palace.
I think you mean Viscount Severn. Would be strange for James to outrank his father ;)

In other royal happenings, Jetsun Pema clearly has the best wardrobe (and a cute baby).

Last edited:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Agree about Princess Alexandra's coat. And I think Lady Louise is adorable & her outfit was age appropriate. I think her fascinator was slipping out of place. I don't think it was supposed to be on the side of her head. And look at her bone structure - she will be beautiful in her 90's.

Lorac

Should anyone want to watch, here's a live (BBC) feed for the ceremonial Trooping the Colour - the official birthday parade for Queen Elizabeth II
http://www.myworldevents.com/live-streaming/trooping-colour-live-stream.html

Looking fabulous in the brightest lime green :D

My favourite coat from yesterday was Sophie's :)

And once again the Daily Mail has some awesome pictures especially as Princess Charlotte made her official debut on the balcony along with her brother Prince George who is now an old hand at this sort of thing :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tions-Princess-Charlotte-steal-spotlight.html

clairecloutier

Ohhh, I love the Queen's lime green coat & hat. She looks adorable!!

Charlotte & George are very cute. :) And what a lovely look on Kate. The ivory suit, pale blush hat, and side chignon--elegant and flattering. I think @skatesindreams must be right about the key players coordinating their look, as once again Camilla, Kate, and Sophie all wore the same color.

Unfortunate hats on Beatrice, Eugenie, and Camilla. :eek:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I cannot express how much I detest the Queen's lime green outfit. Major misstep. If it were a lighter color & not so neon I would like it. When you look at what everyone else is wearing it stands out like a sore (and hideous) thumb.

George & Charlotte are adorable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information