Royalty Thread #7: Do They Get Frequent Flier Miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfy

Prince William was born June 1982, his wife was born Jan 1982. To me - that is basically the same age.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I'm loving her looks on this tour, and it looks like the two of them are having a ball together :)

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
The constant comparison to Diana in the press is starting to seriously annoy me. Everybody who visits the Taj Mahal probably takes a picture in front of it by the reflecting pool. It doesn't mean that Will & Kate are repeating history or that Kate is just like Diana. For one thing, Kate & Will apparently like each other. Did anyone ever believe that was the case with Charles & Diana? Well maybe, for about 3 minutes.

And yes, Kate looked stunning.

PDilemma

The constant comparison to Diana in the press is starting to seriously annoy me. Everybody who visits the Taj Mahal probably takes a picture in front of it by the reflecting pool. It doesn't mean that Will & Kate are repeating history or that Kate is just like Diana. For one thing, Kate & Will apparently like each other. Did anyone ever believe that was the case with Charles & Diana? Well maybe, for about 3 minutes.

And yes, Kate looked stunning.

This. So much this. I actually googled for pictures. There are pages and pages of photos of random people posing on that bench. As if that bench sat there and no one ever thought of taking a picture on it prior to Diana's picture being taken there. So ridiculous.

MsZem

I see the sea
Princess Sofia and Prince Carl-Philip's baby was born today. So far no news on the baby, other than that it was born and is healthy (which I guess is the most important part) ;) I suppose there will be more details later.

Lorac

We are ramping up for the 90th birthday celebrations for Queen Elizabeth II here in the UK. An official picture has been released by the post office of the Queen and her 3 heirs and can be seen in the attached article from the BBC (but it is in all the UK papers)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36086291

The look on George's face is adorable as he is having fun balancing there :D

Scrolling down the article will bring you to links regarding the Queen and her 90 years as well as a link to an interview William gave addressing some of the 'work shy' headlines that have appeared in recent months in some of the papers here in the UK. Personally I don't think he can win with some people so was pleased to see and hear his thoughts. Even Kate - who usually can do no wrong - took some flak for not attending the St Patricks Day to hand out Shamrocks to the Irish Regiments. I suspect there was more going on that just 'wanting to spend time with her children' as some tabloids reported - or I hope so as it did break a 115 year tradition. Still the India/Bhutan trip seems to have raised her profile again :)

MsZem

I see the sea
It's a boy: http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt...ofiahavehadason.5.3af56a2f153f0af2c2ca80.html. If tradition holds, the king will announce the name and title(s) tomorrow, and the family will attend a Te Deum service. Queen Silvia is apparently in New York for meetings, so she may not be there.
The name announcement will be tomorrow and the Te Deum on Friday - maybe to allow Queen Silvia time to fly back? The new prince and his parents have left the hospital (Princess Sofia looks wonderful).

Lorac

MsZem

I see the sea
Mia Tindall and the rest of the grandchildren/grandchildren are adorable.

And from Sweden: the royal baby is Prince Alexander Erik Hubertus Bertil of Sweden, Duke of Södermanland. It was obvious that there would be a Bertil somewhere in there, and Alexander seems like an excellent choice for a prince :)

Catherine M

Mia looks so proud holding the bag. I wonder if it was a bribe to get her to pose. Lovely picture of the Queen and the much younger generation.

I read somewhere that Mia picked up the handbag all on her on. Such a cute moment caught on film for everyone to enjoy.

Hope the Queen enjoys her 90th birthday today. Sounds like tonight's family party will be a nice one for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information