Royalty thread #15: A New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark is a bit of a daredevil, according to this article.

“Daredevil” in more than one sense. This abdication announcement happened right after the Prince’s stay with Genoveva Casanova (quite a name!), in Madrid.

More:

Lynn226

“Daredevil” in more than one sense. This abdication announcement happened right after the Prince’s stay with Genoveva Casanova (quite a name!), in Madrid.

More:

I saw another news article that speculated that Queen Margrethe made the decision to abdicate to help save their marriage.

I hope she told them before she made the announcement. Didn't she make make a surprise announcement that some of her grandchildren would no longer be HRH?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I saw another news article that speculated that Queen Margrethe made the decision to abdicate to help save their marriage.

I hope she told them before she made the announcement. Didn't she make make a surprise announcement that some of her grandchildren would no longer be HRH?
Well, her younger son, Joachim, and his two older sons stated they had no idea that Margarethe was planning on stripping all 4 of Joachim's kids of their HH (His/Her Highness) Prince/Princess of Denmark status until she made the announcement. But Joachim has also admitted that his mother did at least talk go him several months earlier to float the idea and his response was essential "I'll get back to you" - supposedly so he could discuss the idea with his children, but there has been speculation that he was trying to delay or prevent it from happening and that Margarethe finally had enough of the delaying tactics and just made the announcement downgrading the 4 kids to Count/Countess of Monzepat.

As for as the decision to abdicate - she stated in her speech on NYE that she made the decision while she was rehabbing after her back surgery (which occurred in Feb 2023). She informed the Danish PM sometime after Dec 21st, so it's possible that the rumors about the affair sealed the deal but I have a hard time believing a woman of her age and years of life experience (including living through the divorce of her younger son) would foolishly believe that abdicating and handing the crown over to Frederik & Mary would "save their marriage" if it indeed was on the rocks.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Queen Margrethe was a great champion of the Royal Danish Ballet, even designing some productions, including the recent Snow Queen:

I wonder is any members of the new generation love the ballet so much?

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Ten to fourteen days in the hospital - that's a long stay. I wish her well.

I can't even imagine what surgery would require 10 to 14 days in the hospital & then even more time at home to recover. Oh well that's her business.

I think we shouldn't base hospitalization length of stay experience of non Royals to the Royals LOS. It's not going to be the same.
There are several abdominal surgeries that come to mind.

sk9tingfan

Not if it's the big C, unfortunately. Her extended absence suggests this is a major medical event and not just cosmetic surgery.
I'm listening the news on NBC and they have reported that it is not cancerous. Hypothesizing that the surgery may involve mesh inlays, etc.

skategal

Bunny mama
My guess is Chrone’s disease and this is why they don’t give anymore information. (Ie they don’t want to say a Future Queen has a chronic disease.)

I think if it was hysterectomy, they would have said so to stop people speculating.

sk9tingfan

:huh:

People get hysterectomies at that age (and younger) all the time for a variety of reasons. If the organ is diseased and/or is causing big problems, it gets taken out
Me:RN, BS, MPA, MBA,, Ran 2 national care management divisions, 2 clinical data analysis divisions. Personally: TAH/BSO, Ventral Hernia repair with mesh. Those babies were not doing her innards any favors.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Guessing or assuming based on hospitalization time is silly. Royals are likely to have a longer LOS than you or me.

Barbara Manatee

I'd guess even royals don't want to spend any more time in a hospital than they absolutely have to, though. Especially as they have the means to arrange for excellent care at home. Hopefully the 2 week time frame is a CYA estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information