Royalty thread #15: A New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFJ

Dinner looks delicious. His mom would be proud. I think Kate was off doing something charitable with the kids but I can't find the article.

skatfan

ballettmaus

Some pictures from the Swedish royal ladies from the Nobel Prize ceremony/dinner. https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...dish-royals-tiaras-2023-nobel-prize-ceremony/

I love the purple Victoria wore. It looks good on her. But what is Sofia wearing? It looks like they forgot she needed a gown and sewed a skirt to a long-sleeved t-shirt and were done with it.

ETA: I think the red dress looks much, much better. https://people.com/princess-sofia-sweden-wears-wedding-tiara-2-different-ways-photos-8415627

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I dislike all the royal orders pinned on royal womens’ gowns. They obscure the dress.
Most of them wear these dresses more than once, often to gala variety shows, awards presentations or concerts so there are plenty of opportunities to see the dresses unobscured.

Lynn226

I wonder how Carole Middleton feels about her portrayal in The Crown.
Carole "The Fixer" Middleton.

Seriously, has she ever complained about her treatment in the media? I do think think a documentary about her business success would be interesting, even though she recently sold it due to financial difficulties. Not many home based businesses have that level of success.

I wonder how a lot of people feel about their portrayals.

Overall, I was disappointed by season 6. The storylines had too much conjecture. I thought the last shot with the Queen leaving was well done

Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Did she really send Kate to the gap year programs and St Andrews to stalk William? I was horrified that it was true and even more horrified if it isn’t, that’s a libel suit.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Olivia de Havilland tried suing in a similar case. It didn't work. But she lost on First Amendment grounds; maybe these things work differently in the U.K.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Olivia de Havilland tried suing in a similar case. It didn't work. But she lost on First Amendment grounds; maybe these things work differently in the U.K.
Much easier to win libel suits in the UK and burden of proof is lower.

Barbara Manatee

The Middletons got a rough ride from the media when Kate and William got together, but they turned that around by acting with dignity and discretion. The BRF also seems to approve of their keep quiet and carry on attitude. I expect they'll continue that and ignore the show.

canbelto

Did she really send Kate to the gap year programs and St Andrews to stalk William? I was horrified that it was true and even more horrified if it isn’t, that’s a libel suit.

I think she did. But I'm not really sure. It's a lot of conjecture about motives.
what I found interesting was that The Crown focused so much on her scheming, almost to the point where Kate was an afterthought.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I think she did. But I'm not really sure. It's a lot of conjecture about motives.
what I found interesting was that The Crown focused so much on her scheming, almost to the point where Kate was an afterthought.
I found this:

MLIS

It has been suggested over the years that Carole sent Kate to St. Andrews to catch a prince. She wouldn’t have been the only mother, enrolment went up substantially after it was announced William would go there. Unkind things have been said about both Kate and Pippa as social climbers. Snobbery towards a middle class, self-made family or truth? Or both? Who can say? The Middletons have been tight lipped over the years (except for Kate’s uncle, who spouts off to the media on a regular basis) so I’m not sure any of us onlookers could claim to know Carole’s motives.

canbelto

Another thing about Carole in The Crown was that they didn't mention how she was a businesswoman in her own right. Just sort of made her a stalker of William.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I've had a problem with the Crown once it entered history that I was around for. A lot of fantasy and situations fabricated to push a narrative along that it just felt like I was reading a tabloid. I feel sorry for EVERY person portrayed on that show because so many people think it's an historical account and everything they see is fact.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information