Royalty thread #15: A New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
People who like and love each other sometimes get miffed at each other. I don’t know why it would be any different for royalty.

MLIS

I saw the same reports (which often originate from the same source and then get picked up by every news outlet so it becomes "common knowledge" even though it was, like, one person speculating based on body language), and the suggestion was Kate's siblings' partners weren't included and that was what she was upset about. I honestly don't believe it. Her parents and siblings were given a place of honour right up front with the royal family (in the video I posted above you can see Carole and Pippa in the back row of the first section of family). If her siblings' partners weren't included, well, there were hundreds of news stories at the time about all the people who expected to be invited and weren't, including extended members of Charles' own family. As others said, it wasn't Kate's coronation, and her family was still front and center and part of the inner circle.

As Jenny says, you often see Kate and Camilla smiling and laughing and chatting together. Perhaps they hate each other behind closed doors, but they put on a united front in public. It seems to me that William has accepted Camilla's place in his father's life, and did so a long time ago, and Kate follows his lead. They all work for the family business, and it's easier to go along to get along. Kate has a bracelet she often wears that Camilla gave her with Kate and Camilla's initials on it (https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2016/08/kates-jewelry-box-cambridge-cornwall.html), so things seem to be relatively warm between them.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Why would Kate think she deserves as many family members invited as Camilla, when Camilla was actually being crowned?
She was only asking for 2 more (according to the article). idk But I think there was some reason for not curtseying at that time. Maybe she was temporarily miffed. Or maybe the whole thing was dramatized for clickbait.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Click bait. I've noticed a very irritating thing that social media/news stories does with your interests or reading. They present something as a "new" "news story" with a current date, but it's really an old story. You click on it and then another story like it continues to pop up.

Camilla is the only mother in law that Kate has known. She would have been - 12/14 when Diana died. AFAIK - and someone correct me if I'm wrong - Kate was not involved with Wills at that time. I think the public remains divided on Diana/Camilla and click bait looks for the slightest infraction.

I figure Royals are just like us - you know body functions or irritation with each other. I can imagine a "gush" moment at age 41 and just trying not to leak blood, or urine, or holding back a fart. Maybe even a small curtsey would feel like that moment could occur. Make a choice in the moment. Not a sign of disrespect. IDK

Whatever happen(s/ed) is really not earth shattering. People want a villain.

You know, maybe Camilla and Kate are trying to stage little moments as a game - let's see what gossip rag picks this up.

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
I was happily surprised when Catherine came out in the Strathmore Rose tiara. It hasn't been worn in public for 100 years, and had thought to be too delicate and weak to be worn. I'm thrilled to see it. I confess to be completely over the Lovers Knot tiara. And Camilla looked amazing in red with the Burmese Ruby tiara. I like that particular tiara spread out like that instead of being worn as more of a coronet.

ballettmaus

What the gentleman who walked next to David Cameron and the lady who walked next to William wore was... interesting. (The weird laced-sleeved Dirndl more so than the red and black tuxedo).

Camilla looked great. I've got mixed feelings about Kate. The dress and tiara were pretty, the gloves looked too big and the hairstyle a bit too pulled back. I thought the K-Pop group was the best dressed of the ladies who were pictured.
William looked bored in almost all of the pictures but especially so in the group picture for the Horse Guard Parade. As did everyone else in that picture.

taf2002

I liked the dropped waist on Camilla-very flattering. I didn't really like the fit on Catherine's dress or the sleeves or the gloves but the tiara was beautiful.

DCA

What the gentleman who walked next to David Cameron and the lady who walked next to William wore was... interesting. (The weird laced-sleeved Dirndl more so than the red and black tuxedo).
Who was the woman walking with William? I've tried so many Google searches with no luck. Does anyone here knonw?

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
Who was the woman walking with William? I've tried so many Google searches with no luck. Does anyone here knonw?

That may have been Elizabeth Mainelli, wife of the Lord Mayor of London, Michael Mainelli.

Reactions: DCA

Vagabond

The King's tie had a pattern based on the Greek flag - after a week-long row between the UK PM and the Greek PM over the Parthenon Sculptures.

The dispute is over whether the sculptures, also known as the Elgin Marbles, should return to Athens....

Royal sources noted that the tie, worn on Friday at the COP28 summit in Dubai, had also been worn by the King when he met the South Korean delegation on their state visit last week.

They insisted the tie worn by the King when he met Mr Sunak did not have any connection with Greece or the diplomatic row about the sculptures.

🤔 Maybe it was just ethnic pride. After all, he is "Greek" on his father's side. ;)

🇬🇷 🇬🇧 🤷‍♂️

Parsley Sage

Last night was Kate's 3rd annual "Together at Christmas" Carol concert at Westminster Abbey. This year was celebrating people working to support young children in various ways.

starrynight

It's like they went to Olan Mills for a photoshoot. A bit retro.

Ha ha ha

I was scrolling through insta and that portrait came up. I totally thought it was a comedy AI photo.

Does this mean that style of retro feathered background portraits are coming back in style?

taf2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information